Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

glued wrote: »
    Whoever was involved in the decision to cut James Jones and keep Preston Parker should be sacked.

Reese hasn't managed to rebuild this team at all. I'm guessing Odell Beckham saved him last year. But if we go 6-10 or anything like that this year someone has to go.

The reason they kept Parker and waived Jones was because Jones can't play the slot and Parker can. If we had Cruz, then Parker wouldn't be on the field. And we don't want OBJ playing the slot. Randle sure as hell can't.

I remember Parker stunk up real bad last year versus the Colts as well but played very well in the next game, against the Seahawks. So, we'll see on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Parker was terrible alright. I don't get though how we justify paying this kind of money to Dwayne Harris when he doesn't seem to feature at all as a receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Harris is an excellent gunner and a decent return man, I suppose they thought that our neglected special teams unit needed the boost. He'll see some packages on offense too, so I'm not complaining too much about that one.

With Randle's knees being shot with tendinitis, I worry about him playing at a decent level for 16 games, being honest, and I think that's where James Jones could have contributed a lot. It wasn't to be though. Parker stalled three drives though with fairly catchable passes. After seeing Jones play so well earlier in the day, that was fairly frustrating.

Good point about special teams. At his age, Jones could never contribute there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

boccy23 wrote: »
    The reason they kept Parker and waived Jones was because Jones can't play the slot and Parker can. If we had Cruz, then Parker wouldn't be on the field. And we don't want OBJ playing the slot. Randle sure as hell can't.

I remember Parker stunk up real bad last year versus the Colts as well but played very well in the next game, against the Seahawks. So, we'll see on that one.

Parker can't play anywhere. He's pretty useless. Terrible decision IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hi Guys,

Didn't get a chance to see the game but this makes pretty grim reading. Eli's stat line was very poor, is the decision to extend him going to come back to haunt us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

The thing that annoys the hell out of me is that it always seems we have to work hard to gain any yard where as the opposition can make big gains almost at will

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Didn't get a chance to see the game but this makes pretty grim reading. Eli's stat line was very poor, is the decision to extend him going to come back to haunt us?

I thought he did quite well, actually, aside from the mess up at the end, which was a big one to be fair.

We only had ten offensive possessions all night and he took what the defence gave him, and audibled out of bad plays and into the right ones a few times.

Few drops on good throws from him, looking at you Preston Parker, take away from his stats a bit. He did alright, and I'm confident in him tbh.

We're running a lot more no huddle, hurried up offense too, by the way.

I'm confident in Eli now. I'm not confident in him for four years. Seems an awful lot of money and an awful long time for a player who, IMO, despite last year's statistics no longer is the player who has ice running through his veins like he seemed to have in 2011.

He has a tough job though, with an inexperienced line, a shortage of quality receiving options and a run game which isn't great.

Kimberly Jones
    Kimberly Jones – Verified account ‏@KimJonesSports

NFL acknowledged to NYG that in Sunday loss, officials blew 2 calls in end zone: DRC didn't commit PI & Daniel Fells was held on last pass.
    10:46 AM - 17 Sep 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

F*ck that.. Bad calls like that really annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Lot of good acknowledging them after the game does us

The PI was especially bogus.

So any opinions on the falcons game this week lads????

Edit: Cruz is out again and Beason is doubtful

I doubt we see Cruz for a while

He's not even jogging not to mind sprinting

Falcons O looked good Monday but usually different team away from the dome

I expect Eli to come out firing

Rueben Randle's powers of invisibility are incredible.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Rueben Randle's powers of invisibility are incredible.

His knees are absolutely shot, I believe. Suffers from pretty bad tendinitis for years, and its taking its toll.

If he can't get open then he shouldn't be on the field.

Shane Vareen is bringing it.

Some of the stuff in the4th quarter is embarrassing. Failing to get a play off and not touching a man on the ground

Did I see that no team has ever blown a ten point fourth quarter lead in consecutive games?

History in the making!

• Advertisement

Right Eli, let's see your best Tony Romo impression.

It's gonna be a long season lads.. A long long season

Truly shocking stuff

A Preston Parker drop on 4th down. You couldn't make it up.

Hard not to really dislike Preston Parker right now.

Knex. wrote: »
    Hard not to really dislike Preston Parker right now.

There surely has to be a better option than him.. He's absolutely useless and adds nothing to the team whatsoever

Only positive thing I'm clinging to right now is that next weekend I'm going to Seahawks vs Bears in Seattle so the Giants can't ruin my weekend for once

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Did I see that no team has ever blown a ten point fourth quarter lead in consecutive games?

History in the making!

Just confirmed by espn stat's on Twitter
    Giants are 1st team in NFL history to lose first 2 games of season despite leading by 10 or more points in 4th quarter of each game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just confirmed by espn stat's on Twitter
    Giants are 1st team in NFL history to lose first 2 games of season despite leading by 10 or more points in 4th quarter of each game

2905130-1786417990-tumbl.gif

• Advertisement

Yet Eli will get the blame

Why in the name of hell was Parker kept over Jones?

I don't see him mattering enough in ST to make up enough for the drop

Advertisement