Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hakeem Nicks and Wes Welker working out for us today

Very surprised with that.

Apparently the old Redskins TE, Cooley, who hasn't played since 2012, is working out too.

Don't understand that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Knex. wrote: »
    Very surprised with that.

Apparently the old Redskins TE, Cooley, who hasn't played since 2012, is working out too.

Don't understand that one.

Donnell can't block and he's dropping the ball. We have to try someone else at this point.

Also trying out Philip Simms, QB. Possible trade for Nassib?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Cruz pulled himself out of practice today..

Only did individual work

Edit: apparently only did a small piece of work and immediately felt his calf.. Bo**ox

Well, ****.

Few reports of Welker looking decent during that workout.. Would it make sense to bring him in on a short term deal now Cruz's return isn't looking likely??

• Advertisement

Watkins and McCoy are out for the bills on Sunday

Ayers out for the Giants now too.

God dammit. He's probably our most important defensive player at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Guys , looking for some help . I have a few guests in from the States and was wondering if there was anywhere in Dublin would be showing the game this evening worth bringing them along to watch it .

Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

sharkman wrote: »
    Guys , looking for some help . I have a few guests in from the States and was wondering if there was anywhere in Dublin would be showing the game this evening worth bringing them along to watch it .

Thanks .

The Woolshed shows the games, but for me the popularity of the place is putting me off. It does be packed most weekends I'm there, and there is a lot of sport on today so I would imagine it will be very busy.

A bit like Yogi Berra: Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Solid win. Despite a few stupid penalties it was a relatively stress free experience!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Big chance for us to get to 3-2 vs the niners next weekend

With Dallas home top Patriots and Redskins at Falcons, we could be top of the pile if we take care of business

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Top.

Feels good, man.

Was really worried when I saw the inactive list during the week, but great to see them pull through in the end.

Hopefully we can really push on.

Lovely drive to win last night.. Some very interesting and important games coming up with a banana skin or two along the way

Bring it on!!!!!

Huge game next v Philly

We need Eli to keep playing as well as he is

I doubt our D will be able to give us many stops

Teams seem to shred us to pieces with very little effort

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Hi giants fans.

I'm gonna be in New York for the Cowboys game with a few other lads and are hoping to take in an nfl game for the first time. One of the lads was saying that tickets are gonna be about $250. And they're high enough up too. Was saying you'd wanna be forking out $500-7000 for the better ones. Wtf!

Is he correct? Are tickets that expensive? I don't fancy a tout so was wondering what's the easiest way of picking up tickets and if they're really that dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Have a look at the NFL Ticketexchange or Stubhub. They're resold tickets but fully guaranteed that they will work. I went to Seahawks vs Bears two weeks ago and we paid $280 up in the Gods. That said the view was still great and I imagine the same will be true at the Giants.

Looks like you'd be looking at maybe 250 depending on how many of you want to sit together

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-giants-tickets-new-york-giants-east-rutherford-metlife-stadium-10-25-2015/event/9298564/

Giants v Cowboys will be more expensive as it's a divisional game

The injury gods are killing us again

Prince out for 2-4 weeks

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The injury gods are killing us again

Prince out for 2-4 weeks

OBJ struggling with a hamstring injury aswell

• Advertisement

At what point does Cruz have to go on IR?

Yet another pathetic performance against the eagles :'(

We need a win Sunday night

Fantastic decision to cut steve weatherford

For anyone that's watching condensed highlights, no your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.. That's actually the same giants team that scored on their opening drive

If Donnell doesnt get his pocket picked towards the end of the 1st quarter we are at worst 10-0 up instead they go down the other end and its level

I just hope they take a long hard look at the film, which is mistake ridden, learn from this, and move on. Lose next week, and I can't see how they'd be able to turn it around. Not after back to back losing seasons.

We need Ayers and Kennard back asap, tbh. Hopefully Beatty can come in at LT, and Flowers go to RT soon as well.

Three huge individual errors in that opening half a dozen possessions really cost us. Donnell, then Moore then Eli. We'd have got away with one, maybe two but all three completely swung the momentum away from us and all the way to Philly. We looked so comfortable until then.

Moore's was the worst. Absolutely pathetic play.

Moore is infuriating. He's only consistent in his dumb mistakes at this stage.

3 sacks in his last two games make me hesitate in terms of writing him off, but he really needs to cop on and mature quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Your in trouble when your best pass rush comes from a FB. Tough night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

That was one of the most depressing performances from the Giants in a long long time. To go from being pretty much perfect in the opening 2 O drives & 1 D stand to being a turn over big play mess.

What happened, where was the coaching & changes on the fly?? It's a horrible division so who knows but you'd have to fancy the Eagles from here.

What are people's opinion on what is going to happen to JPP? Reading reports today that he will not play again this year. Is there a case to dump him altogether or would he go for a 1 year prove it deal. He was meant to be in to be evaluated today but is not coming & not likely this week at all.

Advertisement