Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

At what point does this teams inconsistency and mistakes fall on Coughlin and Reese?

Reese for stacking the roster with sub-par talent and Coughlin for not making the most of what we have. It's time for a new start IMO.

We need pass rushers, a middle linebacker, guards, more depth at CB, a tight end and to renegotiate Eli's deal. Eli is not worth the money we are paying. We haven't a hope of winning a SB with this roster and a lot of retooling will have to be done. I'd move on from JPP too. No point in trying to give him a deal with his poor attitude unless it's for vet minimum. I wouldn't take him at a cent above that.

We're far too inconsistent under Coughlin to gain any momentum. You can see the frustration on the field. Moore hardly gets any reps at the start when he looked promising and now he's made a massive mistake and Coughlin hangs him out to dry. Does he deserve it? Yes, but he's probably one of many players frustrated at the lack of consistency this team is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Moore def deserves everything he gets

Low football IQ?

even pee wee players know you can't hit a QB 15 mins after he threw the ball

how can a pro be so stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No way is Eli's deal getting renegotiated!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aside from moving on from JPP, I can't really agree with a lot of that, tbh.

The Roster, when healthy, is more than good enough for the playoffs. We were down to our bare bones the last few weeks, and we've struggled, but I'm not going to jump all over Coughlin and Reese straight away now.

Resse, for one, I actually think has done a good job over all. His recent years have made up for his 11/12 draft classes, for me.

Eli is absolutely worth the money. Not giving it to him would have been as dumb a thing to do as you can possibly imagine of a Franchise.

Moore is our best pass rusher when JPP, Ayers, and Kennard are out. Especially when Hank the Tank is getting double teamed, but he's too undisciplined to play more reps. I thought he could do it, but he's telling his own story now. Its all too common. Poor against the run, so he can't go out there every down, and tbh, Selvie and Wynn are a better fit than him.

We're 3-3 in a messy division, with a whole bunch of injuries, just relax a while.

Even with Eli's contract I'm sure I read that we're going to have one of the top five amounts of cap space in the NFL next off-season. All the moves in the pre-season screamed of clearing cap space and we're able to roll what we would have paid JPP this year into next. There's obviously holes in the roster and we're a year ahead of when I thought we'd be competing in the division so I'd absolutely take 3-3 right now.

• Advertisement

Beat the cowboys :)

Back to 2-2 in the division and a game ahead

It's was ugly but at least we got the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Was on a recent trip to vegas watched a lot football on the tele in bars etc looked like good bit of banter. So anyway I said overy the weekend there that I would give it a bash here and watch some. I also said sure ill pick a team to support as such. Came down to this decision me and the wife wanna go states again either boston or new york. Think she would prefer new york. So as the giants cowboys game was on I said I'll watch that see if I like giants style of play etc or if they do anything special to make me say wow. So watched las nite and was impressed with the 3rd 1/4. So I'm going to jump on the giants bandwagon if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hard to get too excited about that win last night. Expected that we would have been a lot more comfortable against the Cowgirls sans Romo & Bryant. Still a win is a win. Will Beatty is back in another 2 weeks which should really strengthen the O-Line & if we get Cruz back & OBJ healthy the O is more than good enough to go a long way in the playoffs.

JPP is in for his assessment today.

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Was on a recent trip to vegas watched a lot football on the tele in bars etc looked like good bit of banter. So anyway I said overy the weekend there that I would give it a bash here and watch some. I also said sure ill pick a team to support as such. Came down to this decision me and the wife wanna go states again either boston or new york. Think she would prefer new york. So as the giants cowboys game was on I said I'll watch that see if I like giants style of play etc or if they do anything special to make me say wow. So watched las nite and was impressed with the 3rd 1/4. So I'm going to jump on the giants bandwagon if there is one.

Welcome onboard :)

We are a bit inconsistant week to week but we are capable of beating anyone on our day

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Welcome onboard :)

We are a bit inconsistant week to week but we are capable of beating anyone on our day

Cheers sure I'm well used to that supporting liverpool. Any idea where or how I can find out when games on tele presume sky. Or is there an online place.

• Advertisement

Cheers sure I'm well used to that supporting liverpool. Any idea where or how I can find out when games on tele presume sky. Or is there an online place.

Same combo as myself. There's a weekly thread created here that states games and their times, etc, in the first post.

Reddit have an nflstreams sub reddit that will give you links to some games if they're not on Sky.

I myself buy Gamepass each year, however. There's a thread here somewhere about that too.

On my phone at the moment so can't link them, my apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

JPP will be back in week 10. He has signed a 1 year "incentive laden" deal which makes sense. I assume the 1 year covers next season & not this one?

He is all smiles & apparently feels great after time away from the game, wonder what if any impact he will have this year. Considering our complete lack of a pass rush I assume he will be straight into the starting lineup

HigginsJ wrote: »
    JPP will be back in week 10. He has signed a 1 year "incentive laden" deal which makes sense. I assume the 1 year covers next season & not this one?

He is all smiles & apparently feels great after time away from the game, wonder what if any impact he will have this year. Considering our complete lack of a pass rush I assume he will be straight into the starting lineup

I would have assumed it was this year, unless they actually went ahead with the franchise tag, but I can't see how they'd have gone with that. Not sure now though.

JPP, even if he can only come in for 3rd downs and be half the player, would be a big addition for us, honestly.

If we get Beatty, Prince and Cruz back soon, we could actually have a great shout at taking the division and not being horrific in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Just back from the game myself. I'm a packer fan but the game coincided with work in NY. Ye were lucky cassel was qb. There's no way the boys loose with romo. Was pleasantly surprised with the crowd. Nothing like the colourful language you'd get at other sports I've been to. Most were decked out in the teams colours too. Nice atmosphere. There was a couple of babes on the train out to meadowlands with a 6 pack of beer-what more would ya want in women;) Tickets were some price though and the 'food' and beer were similarly extortionate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

The Giants defense - honestly what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I feel sick

I feel sick

Honestly you couldn't make that s*it up.

As bad as I felt after the opener to Cowboys, maybe worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

How hard is it to punt the ball out of bounds? Eli was amazing today. Defence are terrible.

Three games we have ****ed away this year already

• Advertisement

glued wrote: »
    How hard is it to punt the ball out of bounds? Eli was amazing today. Defence are terrible.

No team with that defense deserves to make the playoffs. How can you score 49 and still contrive to lose?

Heartbreaking loss ;'(

We find new ways of messing up

God help us when the Patriots come up against that D

I don't understand why you can give a penalty on someone on the O advancing a ball after a fumble when you cannot advance a fumble just recover it?
    Surely the play should be dead when Snead clearly recovers the ball?

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I don't understand why you can give a penalty on someone on the O advancing a ball after a fumble when you cannot advance a fumble just recover it?
    Surely the play should be dead when Snead clearly recovers the ball?

And how the referees can call as facemask penalty having watched it on the big screen.

I don't feel anything like as bad about that game as I did about Dallas or event Atlanta. It was an incredible game (not incredibly well played) and whoever lost would have felt harshly done by.

JPP back on Sunday but beason gone for year

Well we won! Big win considering we are playing the Patriots next week and are on a bye after that. The offense looked good again for the most part. The defense....well on a bright note it was better than last week but still gave up big plays. I dread to think what the Deflators will do against us next week.

JPP looked good. Pretty damn good, actually.

We managed more QB hits than I'd say we did all season, 3 of them went directly to JPP.

Hankins will be a massive loss, however.

I thought it was a real 'must win' game and we won so you have to be happy with that. Gives us a 'free hit' next week against the Patriots. No one expects us a to win and it is difficult to make any sort of case for a Giants win so they can just go out there and give it a shot. I'm looking forward to it.

It was so nice to see a pass rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I am more than amazed to see JPP out there, that is almost unbelievable. More than just making up the numbers too, major contribution. I genuinely thought his career was over.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Hankins will be a massive loss, however.

The injury gods really have it in for us

Big Hank will be a massive loss in terms of presence and leadership

Other downside if we will see more of Kuhn :'(

Advertisement