Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bromley played well last week, so hopefully he can step it up. It'll be a big ask for him, though.

Hankins was an absolute anchor at DT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Really looking forward to playing the Pats now as we have a great record against them but I fear what Brady & Co. might do to that D. It's good that Lewis is out as he would have had a field day, how we handle Gronk probably defines the game. Can see us scoring 25-28 points but fear we could give up 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I can't see us getting close to them as we don't have a push rush to get to Brady anymore

Looks like we have seen the last of Will Beatme as he's out for the year on IR

His cap no next year will be too much unless we can renegotiate the deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Not really surprised. I think Beatty won't be a Giant next year. He's a flag machine and has missed a lot of game time. Having him back in the line would definitely help but he's struggled a lot considering it's probably harder to be a RT in McAdo's offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Really looking forward to playing the Pats now as we have a great record against them but I fear what Brady & Co. might do to that D. It's good that Lewis is out as he would have had a field day, how we handle Gronk probably defines the game. Can see us scoring 25-28 points but fear we could give up 40.

Yeah I definitely think we can put up points against them but I think they will put up 40+ on us.

• Advertisement

How does Quinn keep his job?

Special team mess ups are far too frequent

Our ST have been pretty damn good this year, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

How many fecking times will that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Hopefully loads more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We're good people in here. We don't deserve this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

This is a f**king joke now at this stage..

How can they continue to throw away leads??

Some serious work to be done before they go to D.C in 2 weeks.

wawaman wrote: »
    How many fecking times will that happen?

Its crazy. We're so damn close, but we can't push on. Injuries certainly don't help, but its tough to take now. Four of our 5 losses we arguably should have won.

Thank **** Philly lost today.

Eli played fantastic again. Changed game plan, removing some of the shorter throws, but he came through a lot even with the lower completion rate. Few missed opportunities from receivers too.

The D was a pleasant surprise, especially the pass rush. Such a shame with the Collins incomplete INT.

Sickening loss :(

Still not sure why we didn't run in the red zone

Good teams make play to end a game

Beckham and Collins had chances

Least Philly slipped a bad one but this was an unexpected W we should have had

Thats 4 games we have left behind. The offense has been excellent this year, a big improvement. If only the D could improve about 1/2 as much we might have some chance. As bad as things have been we have only been blown out in 1 game. Looking at the 6 games to go i think we could go 3-3. In this division 8-8 could well be enough.

Aaaaaaagh. OBJ catch the ball!!! Collins make the int. Still Sick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just so many individual plays which probably or definitely win us the game if they go our way. The field goal drifting six inches inside the post instead of outside, the dropped interception, Brady converting on 4th and 10, the 15 yard sack to drop out of field goal range after the forced fumble, Harris not staying inbound when he picked up 1st and goal, Beckham losing the ball after the 'TD', the punt return....

One of those seven goes the other way and we're 6-4, IMO.

Cruz is to have calf surgery this week so that's him until next season

Cruz is to have calf surgery this week so that's him until next season

Our offense has been really really good this year, easy to imagine how great it could have been with Cruz & Beatty, gives real hope for next year on O with the emergence of Tye & Whyte to go with OBJ, Randle & Cruz.

What is the remainder of our schedule?

Week 11 - bye
    Week 12- @redskins
    Week 13- Jets
    Week 14- @Dolphins
    Week 15- panthers
    Week 16- @vikings
    Week 17- eagles

Our offense has been really really good this year, easy to imagine how great it could have been with Cruz & Beatty, gives real hope for next year on O with the emergence of Tye & Whyte to go with OBJ, Randle & Cruz.

What is the remainder of our schedule?

Cruz is done with the Giants, IMO

Re signing Hakeem Nicks now that Cruz is done for the season

• Advertisement

Re signing Hakeem Nicks now that Cruz is done for the season

Very odd one that IMO, wouldn't like to see him eat into the snaps of guys like Whyte & Harris. Nicks was done 2 years ago, hard to see what he brings now.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Cruz is done with the Giants, IMO

Why so?

Week 11 - bye
    Week 12- @redskins
    Week 13- Jets
    Week 14- @Dolphins
    Week 15- panthers
    Week 16- @vikings
    Week 17- eagles

That is not the worst slate, the next 3 games define the season I reckon. Beat the Skins & one of Jets/Fins should have us still top of the division heading into the last 3 games.

Could do with Romo being back to put the Skins to bed when they play twice.

Cruz's contract will likely be restructured, as he's 9.1 against the cap next year.

I'd expect Giants to keep him, and for him to want to stay, tbh.

Nicks is a real odd one.

Pretty much perfect set of results this weekend. Think it was important the Cowgirls won to keep their very slim hopes alive, will give them plent of reasons to put the Skins away in the next few weeks. Looking at it now I think 9-7 or 8-8 cud get us the division.

Pretty much perfect set of results this weekend. Think it was important the Cowgirls won to keep their very slim hopes alive, will give them plent of reasons to put the Skins away in the next few weeks. Looking at it now I think 9-7 or 8-8 cud get us the division.

Have to say I enjoyed today more than I have some of our games this year! If we can repeat our performance from the patriots game or even better it then the next 3 games are winnable

Couldn't have asked for better today, tbh.

Dolphins definitely look beatable, too.

The Eagles are so, so bad.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The Eagles are so, so bad.

They still beat us off the field :mad:

• Advertisement

They even looked bad that day though.

Advertisement