Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Another thing to remember is that if we lose our next 2 (GB & Skins), that puts both ourselves and the Skins at 6-6, the cowgirls wont be far behind either. Granted i dont know what the remaining Skins schedule is like but judging by ours it could be a fight to the death for the playoffs - which it should never have been

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

This GB game is big. If the Giants lose, I can only see a further downward slump for the rest of the season. However, the Giants are coming off a break, Eli says he's feeling better and Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked QB in the NFL right now. We know the Giants D are licking their chops at that thought right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Giants were most impressive, pity about Brown getting injured though. Rodgers has got more sacks than Father Christmas and its only November

Turning to next week if the Giants play like this again then RG3 will have a pretty large hurdle to jump over!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Giants were most impressive, pity about Brown getting injured though. Rodgers has got more sacks than Father Christmas and its only November

Turning to next week if the Giants play like this again then RG3 will have a pretty large hurdle to jump over!

That was awesome last night. Packers not at full strength but still that was a pretty good performance.

Both lines played really well and hope that Locklear will be RT for rest of the year as Diehl is done at this stage.

• Advertisement

Only saw the game last night, very impressive. A complete turnaround on the Bengals game. Eli's "tired" arm looks to have rested pretty well over the bye week. Apart from one over the top that the Packers got their TD from the secondary looked good aswell. The D line swallowed up Rodgers aswell. Onwards now towards a meeting with RG3. He caused lots of problems in the first game, hopefully he can be contained alot better on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

I sat down and watched this game last night and while the lines played well, the winning of the game was the running game. We controlled the clock and put their defense under pressure and then some very poor play be Green Bay helped us.

I still thought Eli was off. There was a lot of wobbly throws and he only completed 16 of 30 which isn't great. Its not like the Packers back end was all that good. On one pass deep to Nicks, he was lucky it wasn't picked off.

Green Bay only has Rogers and when he was under pressure, the rest of the team fell apart. They need him to play well every single play to compete.

There are still issues with the back end. Webster got toasted by Nelson for their touchdown and if he had time, Rogers could have been more productive. That's where the D-line play was awesome and they did destroy the Packers O-Line. Hopefully this re-energised play by the line continues. Play Kiawanuka at D-tackle was a new one for me. But it did seem to work and he caused a decent level of disruption.

Also, the return of Kenny Philips was key and I hope he's not too seriously injured. This allowed us to play Rolle is a LB/S roll and he took the slot man. We had only 2 LBs on the field for most of the game and this helped in coverage.

Lets go Giants. Big chance to put an end to one of our divisional rivals out of the play off race.

Bit of a worry about JPP as he sat out practise friday with a sore back. He'll play and hopefully make an impact. If Osi is in the same form as he was against the Pack it'll help.

Out
    TE Travis Beckum - Knee (DNP)

Doubtful
    S Kenny Phillips - Knee (LP)
    LB Jaquian Williams Knee (LP)

Questionable
    T David Diehl - Shoulder (LP)
    WR Domenik Hixon - Ankle (LP)
    DE Jason Pierre-Paul - Back (DNP)

Probable
    C David Baas - Shoulder (FP)
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw - Foot (LP)
    CB Jayron Hosley - Shoulder (FP)
    S Antrel Rolle - Illness (DNP)
    DE Justin Tuck - Foot (DNP)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Tonight we will really see if the bye week rejuvenated us or whether the Packers game was a once off/they had a lot of injuries.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Tonight we will really see if the bye week rejuvenated us or whether the Packers game was a once off/they had a lot of injuries.

Tom-Coughlin.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Coughlapse as it has become known is well under way. We should be destroying this division ATM.

Another big game. Going through these late season dips in form is so frustrating. To go from 6-2 to 7-5 with our schedule is poor. Need to bounce back tonight as Skins n Cowgirls closing in.

Out
    TE Travis Beckum - Knee (DNP)
    S Tyler Sash - Hamstring (DNP)

Doubtful
    S Kenny Phillips - Knee (DNP)

Questionable
    WR Hakeem Nicks - Knee (LP)

Probable
    C David Baas - Shoulder (FP)
    LB Chase Blackburn - Ankle (FP)
    LB Michael Boley - Shoulder (FP)
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw - Foot (LP)
    WR Domenik Hixon - Ankle (FP)
    DE Jason Pierre-Paul - Back (FP)
    LB Jacquian Williams - Knee (FP)

Big win !! Positives were a break out game from David Wilson, some more picks from Stevie Brown and a more Eli like game from our QB. The negatives were too many big plays given and for a while in the 3rd quarter it was a lot more close than it needed to be

wawaman wrote: »
    The negatives were too many big plays given and for a while in the 3rd quarter it was a lot more close than it needed to be

Would we expect anything else from the Giants :rolleyes:

Not feeling great about our next game. I think we need to win 2/3 games or 3/3 if the Skins win their 3.

Next three games is bird hunting time.

duck-hunt-o.gif

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Not feeling great about our next game. I think we need to win 2/3 games or 3/3 if the Skins win their 3.

Next three games is bird hunting time.
    [/QUOTE/]

Falcons n Baltimore away are games where they will have to be on top of their game. I'd feel more confident about these 2 games than home to Eagles as we could be stupid and lose to them.

I think 2 wins should do the job.

Skins schedule is
    @Browns
    @Eagles
    vs Cowgirls

Cowgirls schedule is
    vs Steelers
    vs Saints
    @Skins

So only 1 of the 2 can reach 10 wins if they win out. Cowboys have tie-breaker over us if we both finish on 10 wins, not sure how the Skins n ourselves play out with similar record.

Hard to know how 10 wins would play out if it came down to wild card but you'd be hopeful that you'd get in.

We're just way to inconsistent.

We're just way to inconsistent.

It's maddening :( honest to god this team are every bit as bad as the Cowgirls :eek::(

Yeah it's a good unit that forever underperforms regularly.

The offence has been very poor for a large part of this season.

My god that was terrible. The skins are winning now without rg3. The payoff spot is theirs to lose now. It seems to be win one, lose one. Judging by that we are due to beat the ravens next week. We need to win our last 2 and hope the steelers and saints can do us a favour. Even if we somehow reach the playoffs this team seems to be so inconsistent it's hard to see a run deep in them

• Advertisement

Only Giants can score over 50 points in one week and score none the following week.

Tuck and Gilbride should not be here next year. Oh and good riddance to Osi - Waste of $$$$

Tuck and Gilbride should not be here next year. Oh and good riddance to Osi - Waste of $$$$

I'd leave Tuck where he is.

Osi and Gilbride should be gotten rid of. Add Dave Diehl n Chris Snee.

Agree about Gilbride, his play calling this year has been terrible at times.
    Win and in - its that "simple" !! Does anyone believe we will win the next 2? Even if we beat the Ravens it would be just like the Giants to lose against the Eagles. Eli is talking that they are in playoff mode already. They better cause they might get there for real

I think Gilbride can be partly to blame, but the players. They have been awful. Eli has been awful for large parts of the season. And the D. Can I even call it a D? Shocking.

Here is a breakdown of our postseason hopes.

Also I think a huge problem is that Hakeem Nicks isn't near being healthy. I honestly think Tuck, Diehl, TT, Rivers, Austin, Tyler Sash and Snee could all be gone next year. Barden, Beckum and Osi are gone. Also Bradshaw could be in a spot of bother too but it's unlikely. We could easily draft all OLine and DLine next year and getting rid of Killdrive and Fewell should help too. Unfortunately I can see us letting go the FA's - Rivers, Beckum, Osi and Barden and retaining everybody else. If we lose the next two games there should be a heap of guys thrown off the team.

Also I think a huge problem is that Hakeem Nicks isn't near being healthy. I honestly think Tuck, Diehl, TT, Rivers, Austin, Tyler Sash and Snee could all be gone next year. Barden, Beckum and Osi are gone. Also Bradshaw could be in a spot of bother too but it's unlikely. We could easily draft all OLine and DLine next year and getting rid of Killdrive and Fewell should help too. Unfortunately I can see us letting go the FA's - Rivers, Beckum, Osi and Barden and retaining everybody else. If we lose the next two games there should be a heap of guys thrown off the team.

I'd agree with alot of that but I'd def want to hold onto Beckum n Sash. Injuries n suspensions have ruined their year.

If it didnt cost too much I'd try to move on from Rolle n Webster. Such liabilities in coverage.

Linebackers must be a priority in off season. Blackburn, Herzlich, Williams n Rivers shud b dumped with Kiwi moving back to d-end

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'd agree with alot of that but I'd def want to hold onto Beckum n Sash. Injuries n suspensions have ruined their year.

If it didnt cost too much I'd try to move on from Rolle n Webster. Such liabilities in coverage.

Linebackers must be a priority in off season. Blackburn, Herzlich, Williams n Rivers shud b dumped with Kiwi moving back to d-end

I don't think we'll re-sign Beckum straight away. I think he might test FA and then return to us on little money. Oh how did I forget about Webster! What a liability. I'd probably keep Rolle and get him to take a pay cut. Sash will probably be kept as a ST/Res player.
    I love Bradshaw, but it's time to dump him tbh. We have two young RB here.

So Tuck thinks the locker room is mentally drained. Really? I would of never guessed. While Coughlin reckons "it may take an offseason" to address the pass rush issues. While this is a motivational tactic, obviously, it also shows that he is going on record recognising the pass rush as a problem as many NYC media personnel have been asking him this for a few weeks. Also they have been ripping Tuck and Osi all year long. JPP has been stopped this year too and that's largely down to Tuck and Osi's poor production and Perry Fewell being completely out of his depth.

• Advertisement

Big pressure. Big game. Lets go Eli :cool:

Advertisement