Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Jennings out tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

That went pretty much as expected. We are a long way short of top teams like the Vikes. It was a real show up of how far we have to go.

So does Beckham Jr need a kick up the arse or what??

So does Beckham Jr need a kick up the arse or what??

I'd love to just say "sssssshhhhhh Odell". Just walk away from a mic, take the Marshawn Lynch route for a few weeks. Eli & McAdoo should stop answering Odell related questions too.

I know its NYC, its the biggest market, the biggest focus, but please, just say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

remember the good oul days when we had a 2-0 start

• Advertisement

Eli was so bad last night, I stayed up to watch the game and the defence played well.. But that offense.. Brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah Offense was rough but the biggest problem was the lack of pressure that the DL was getting. Aaron Rodgers can't have had many games with less pressure on him.

Getting really bored of Odell & his one handed catch pre game show. How about focusing on 2 hands till you a get a few hundred yard games!!

For some reason I'm really worried about today..

For some reason I'm really worried about today..

With good reason, this is shocking so far

• Advertisement

Watched that OBJ fall a few times and it looked like his left arm went limp as if he popped his shoulder out but he's gone to get it checked out now

God knows I like OBJ but you are really dragging the arse out of this kicking net thing. I swear the defense have a bet between them to see who can give away the most penalty yards with the most stupid fouls

wawaman wrote: »
    God knows I like be OBJ but you are really dragging the arse out of this kicking net thing. I swear the defense have a bet between them to see who can give away the most penalty yards with the most stupid fouls

We are going great guns giving away stupid penalties this year, its spectacular.

Badly needed win, still have huge misgivings about the o-lines ability to do anything in the pass or run game.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Getting really bored of Odell & his one handed catch pre game show. How about focusing on 2 hands till you a get a few hundred yard games!!

How about now? :D

Beefy78 wrote: »
    How about now? :D

Yea.... just ignore me!!

The will have to get rid of Josh Brown now

None of it is new information at far as they are concerned though. It is just coming to light now. I think they've made the decision to keep him.

They leave for England today so they probably can't cut him now and then I'd guess they hope it blows over after the bye.

Who's the back up kicker???

Edit : Robbie Gould will be the kicker on Sunday

Anyway - who is over in London this weekend?

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Anyway - who is over in London this weekend?

Robbie Gould ;)

My God, that was a slog. 2 very poor teams in fairness

wawaman wrote: »
    My God, that was a slog. 2 very poor teams in fairness

Nice to see the D turn up and have an impact on the game, that being said it was a Jeff Fisher offense with Case Keenum at the helm so hardly an elite offense we shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Massive win yesterday. I've realised that I'm pretty confident in most situations with our defense this year, which is a pleasant surprise. Offense still needs to step it up.

Our next three games are all winnable if you ask me. Bengals at home, Bears at home, and Browns away. If we have any shot of the playoffs or beyond, we need to be coming out of that with an 8-3 record. A lot to ask for the team to win 6 in a row, however.

Landon Collins is playing at an all pro level. I love the man.

Before the game yesterday i was surprised to see that we were in a wild card slot, we moved up to 5th seed with the win over the eagles. we have absolutely no running game at all, during the game it was mentioned that we were averaging 2.5 yards per carry! Thats terrible. If we had even a half decent ground attack it would cut out some of the dumb plays by Eli as he feels he needs to throw to get any sort of field position at all

When Eli threw that pick I thought we were fecked.. It would of been a tough loss to take.. Defense played real well and I'm happy with where the team is now

Thought Eli looked pretty good yesterday, to be honest. That Philly front 7 is pretty impressive, so I was happy with how we dealt with them, especially considering we lost Pugh.

Wouldn't have put either of the INTs on Eli either. Both were unlucky/great plays from the Eagles.

We're still not where we need to be, but there was some signs of hope. The running game is the major concern.

When Eli threw that pick I thought we were fecked.. It would of been a tough loss to take.. Defense played real well and I'm happy with where the team is now

I'd just lumped on the Eagles at 5/1 about three plays before Eli threw that pick. The whole thing just felt so predictable. I was delighted that the D stopped me from cashing in.

Pugh out for 3/4 weeks with MCL sprain

• Advertisement

Pugh out for 3/4 weeks with MCL sprain

While obviously bad news, when I saw the injury live I thought he was done for the year. Reminded me of Schwartz going down, to be honest.

If he's back for the Steelers I think we'll be doing well. Bret Jones has done surprisingly alright in his two outings (center when Richburg ejected, and then at LG last Sunday).

Advertisement