Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

wawaman wrote: »
    Larry donnell out the door aswell

He was going to be a free agent anyway, def won't be back now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

Giants should draft a RB in 1st round if one is available, they need another playmaker on offense. Giants can easily sign a LT or RG in free agency. Giants aren't drafting a RB in the top 5 rounds. Look at NE and how little stock they put into the position and they ended up leading the leage in running TD's and pay nothing for their 4th rounders and waiver wire pickups.

Giants should draft a RB in 1st round if one is available, they need another playmaker on offense. Giants can easily sign a LT or RG in free agency. Giants aren't drafting a RB in the top 5 rounds. Look at NE and how little stock they put into the position and they ended up leading the leage in running TD's and pay nothing for their 4th rounders and waiver wire pickups.

Sorry this post has me confused. You think we should spend a 1st rounder on an RB, think we won't spend an early or mid round pick on one & are using NE to prove that strategy is best which goes totally against your 1st point.

I'm awfully confused :confused:

My opinion on RB is McCaffrey would be great in the 1st but not a luxury we can take with the state of our O-Line & possible d-line. There is nothing in FA at OT or OG so its draft or status quo there.

Apparently we are going to make an effort with JPP. He wants Vernon money, even after the cuts I doubt we can anywhere close to that.

I'd def give him $12 million for 3 years but I doubt he'd stay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That would be the ideal contract alright. Hard to see it happening though, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They'll re-sign him at about 15m IMO. They clearly want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just realised that theres a guard/tackle named Forrest Lamp entering the draft this year. I immediately want the Giants to draft him.

Forrest! Lamp!

What a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

JPP just got the franchise tag... $17 Million

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

JPP just got the franchise tag... $17 Million

Don't think it means that we won't give him a longer contract. Just allows both sides to negotiate up to the June deadline.

• Advertisement

Yeah makes sense and hopefully they agree something more long-term.

If they let Hankins go to re-sign JPP I will be very disappointed.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    If they let Hankins go to re-sign JPP I will be very disappointed.

Yeah, I can see the argument for that. Especially when you consider the cap space.

I think Hank is underrated by a lot of people, when reading elsewhere. He was injured last year and still came big in some key situations. Himself and Snacks absolutely shore up the interior run D as well, which is huge for our Defense.

Reports that Giants are interested in Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray.

I'd take Lacy, tbh. He'd be a nice complementary piece for Perkins & Vereen. When he got fit again towards the end of last season, I thought he was back to his normal self. Although he did go and get injured again, so...

Knex. wrote: »

I'd take Lacy, tbh. He'd be a nice complementary piece for Perkins & Vereen. When he got fit again towards the end of last season, I thought he was back to his normal self. Although he did go and get injured again, so...

He is back on the PX90 for the offseason again. He has the ability to be a lead back but I wouldn't overpay him, his weight is obviously a huge concern. The draft looks to have some decent RB talent and if you could get someone like Brian Hill in the 3rd or 4th then he could be that thumper that you'd project Lacy to be.

He is back on the PX90 for the offseason again. He has the ability to be a lead back but I wouldn't overpay him, his weight is obviously a huge concern. The draft looks to have some decent RB talent and if you could get someone like Brian Hill in the 3rd or 4th then he could be that thumper that you'd project Lacy to be.

Will have to read up on Hill. Outside of the first two rounds, my Draft knowledge is lacking tbh.

I certainly wouldn't want to be giving Lacy more than a 1 year prove it deal unless you got a good value short term deal sorted.

Will have to read up on Hill. Outside of the first two rounds, my Draft knowledge is lacking tbh.

I certainly wouldn't want to be giving Lacy more than a 1 year prove it deal unless you got a good value short term deal sorted.

I would take him in a heartbeat on a 1 year prove it deal, he would be (by a distance) the best runner we would have had in our backfield since.................................. Bradshaw/Jacobs??

Hill is good, 6'1, 220lbs, 4.5 speed, he is a cut below the top 4 RB's but could be a very solid workhorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

If you have a decent O Line then Lacy could be good, if not forget about it, he doesnt open gaps and has shown no speed to get away from tacklers.

Why would the Giants not be in the AP sweepstake?

If you have a decent O Line then Lacy could be good, if not forget about it, he doesnt open gaps and has shown no speed to get away from tacklers.

Why would the Giants not be in the AP sweepstake?

Our O-Line in the running game was actually Ok for stretches last year, Perkins ended the year on 4.1 ypc on over 100 carries, Jennings had a few games where he was over the 4 ypc as well.

I doubt we have any interest in Peterson, Eli is spending alot of time out of the shotgun and McAdoo likes his RB's to catch passes. Neither of these would be an ideal fit of AP I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Our O-Line in the running game was actually Ok for stretches last year, Perkins ended the year on 4.1 ypc on over 100 carries, Jennings had a few games where he was over the 4 ypc as well.

I doubt we have any interest in Peterson, Eli is spending alot of time out of the shotgun and McAdoo likes his RB's to catch passes. Neither of these would be an ideal fit of AP I feel.

Fair enough.

I think Lacy would arguably suit us better, tbh. Younger, cheaper, and coming from a very similar offense where he is used to predominantly running from shotgun.

I believe Lacy can still be a 1000 yard back, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just signed Brandon Marshall to a 2 year deal for 12 million

I know there were rumours, but I didn't think it would get done. I'm damn happy.

Ahhhhhh :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Best news ever!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Seems to be a good deal

Eli will be excited about his new weapon

I think this could be major for our offense, I really do. If our OL can even remotely allow plays to develop, we'll have something here.

Marshall will likely be given the X receiver status, and a lot of the plays structured around that, I imagine. Opens up a lot of creativity around OBJ, and will be massive in stopping our maddening issues facing cover 2 with OBJ bracketed. We couldn't force teams out of that all year, or find any success against it.

If Marshall is healthy and even 80% of what he was in 2015, then Shep and OBJ should be really able to exploit defenses with the right playcalling.

I'm excited.

Nate Burleson on NFL network is pretty high on the signing, it seems.

Also said that Marshall was working out/rehabilitating since the season finished. He's pretty focused on the next two years.

Nate Burleson on NFL network is pretty high on the signing, it seems.

Also said that Marshall was working out/rehabilitating since the season finished. He's pretty focused on the next two years.

It would be hard to envision a scenario where Marshall does not break 1,000 yards next year, he will benefit from OBJ as well.

I said in another thread that the whole thing about Marshall is hard to pin down, obviously the BPD has played into a lot of what went wrong earlier in his career. Since the diagnosis in 2011 there has been little negative press (apart from being fined for wearing cleats to highlight BPD which is the NFL in a nutshell!!)

Hard to see many negatives to the deal, you would have to assume it's about $6-$7 million guaranteed which makes it a 1 year deal really.

I was hoping we'd sign him but that is a lot out of the small pot that was left after JPP was franchised. If they don't agree a new deal with JPP tomorrow to reduce his cap hit this year then we've barely got enough to re-sign our own out of contract players (and not even factoring in Hankins) let alone address any roster issues.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I was hoping we'd sign him but that is a lot out of the small pot that was left after JPP was franchised. If they don't agree a new deal with JPP tomorrow to reduce his cap hit this year then we've barely got enough to re-sign our own out of contract players (and not even factoring in Hankins) let alone address any roster issues.

We are down to about $7 million (assuming Marshall is $6 million this year). You'll get a couple of cheap reserve players with that (TE Anthony Fasano is rumoured to be one) but there is nothing to sign a semi decent o-line player.

• Advertisement

Yeah, some restructuring needs to be done for sure. Hopefully the long term JPP deal gets sorted out as well.

Talks of Harris being first in line for a contract restructure.

I'd be happy with Fasano tbh. Great blocking tight end, which is what we need. We also have Will Johnson healthy again, which should be a big plus.

Advertisement