Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I know next to nothing about him

Has torn 2 Acls but has played on them since 2014

Here is his scouting report

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/dalvin-tomlinson?id=2557846

Interesting that says projected round 3-4 when we passed on Cunningham

We seemed to over value Bromley a few years ago as well

Reece usually does well with DT in 2nd round though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

PFF literally compared him to Jonathan Hankins.

hn5vs2jx4euy.jpg

Davis Webb? Hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    Davis Webb? Hmm.

Oh great :rolleyes:

PFF literally compared him to Jonathan Hankins.

hn5vs2jx4euy.jpg

Well that is a positive, we obviously need to remain strong against the run. I could have seen plenty better use of the pick but it does fill a large hole.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

"Posted in his locker, reportedly, is a list of all the people who have ever doubted him. He paces around the film room with command."

Bad news Higgins J

tenor.gif

Wayne Gallman is the fourth round pick. Kinda hoped for Marlon Mack but this guy sounds like the big runner we've been after

Picked up Jarron Jones as a FA

Full list so far:
    DT Jarron Jones, ND
    S Jadar Johnson, Clemson
    Calvin Munson, LB, SDSU
    Jessamen Dunker, OT, TSU
    Colin Thompson, TE, Temple
    Shane Smith, FB, San Jose State
    Travis Rudolph, WR, FSU
    Keeon Johnson, WR, Virginia
    Romond Deloatch, TE/DE, Temple

Impressive video

This doesn't sound very positive though

Scouts consider him unmotivated and question his football character. Doesn't treat offseason as a time to get better. Sources say Irish coaches had to work overtime to keep him interested and working to get better. Injuries have limited his growth as a player and his overall production. Missed final three games in 2014 with a Lisfranc injury and the entire 2015 regular season with a torn MCL. Came back for bowl game that season and injured his foot in that game.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 6-7

SOURCES TELL US "He's a character flag for us. He's talented but I just don't think he loves the game enough for me to back him in our room. Who doesn't love those long arms? We all do, but I think he's lazy and will head south as soon as he has more time and money on his hands." -- NFC director of scouting

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jarron-jones?id=2557864

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Beefy78 wrote: »
    "Posted in his locker, reportedly, is a list of all the people who have ever doubted him. He paces around the film room with command."

frtedtony.png

But i betcha Davis Webb just really likes Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Joe Mixon

I can't understand why The Giants didn't add anything to the Offensive Line in this draft. OT was an obvious team need. No disrespect to Engram but he's not a Tight End at the NFL level. David Njoku would have been a better TE pick. RB was also a need, possibilities were Dalvin Cook or Joe Mixon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

HigginsJ wrote: »

No room for him, he barely got any targets last year, with the additions he would get next to none this year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

With the black eye the Giants got for their handling of the Josh Brown domestic violence their picking of Avery Moss, who was kicked out of Nebraska following for a number of offences including an arrest for indecent exposure and his entering a campus dormitory that he was prohibited from, makes him a somewhat surprising pick for a team that has put such a heavy emphasis of late on drafting players with clean backgrounds.

With the black eye the Giants got for their handling of the Josh Brown domestic violence their picking of Avery Moss, who was kicked out of Nebraska following for a number of offences including an arrest for indecent exposure and his entering a campus dormitory that he was prohibited from, makes him a somewhat surprising pick for a team that has put such a heavy emphasis of late on drafting players with clean backgrounds.

The indecent exposure happened in 2012 when he was 17 & while he was in the dorm he was banned from there is no suggestion anything happened while there. Comparing those to the Josh Brown stuff is ridiculous. If you didnt take some chaces in the NFL you'd hardly be able to field a roster.

As usual JR was different & we took the guy in the 5th when everyone had the guy as a UDFA, more bad drafting by him as usual. Easy to see why we struggle for depth when he pisses away late round picks every year.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Moss there. I haven't seen any mocks which had him undrafted. We needed another pass rusher and he looks a better player than his draft position because of his issues in the past.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think you're being a bit harsh on Moss there. I haven't seen any mocks which had him undrafted. We needed another pass rusher and he looks a better player than his draft position because of his issues in the past.

You are probably right, he seems to have plenty of work to do. Just a bit fed up with JR at the moment, some of his drafting is questionable & I feel because of it we are going to waste OBJ's prime. That guy should be the cornerstone of a superbowl team but its not happening. Eli is regressing so he needs more time in the pocket, Evan Engram is not going to help that.

Just very down on them at the moment. Very good D-line, secondary & OBJ. The rest of the team just needs to be mid pack level to be successful & its not. One of the worst o-lines in football, a bottom 10 QB, worst run game in football & mediocre lb's.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Complete-guide-to-Giants-2017-undrafted-free-agents/28709383-14b6-491e-b2fe-46a1134a0894

Our list of UDFA's.

Jadar Johnson looks to have a good bit of potential. Apparently he is lacking in the run game but has great attributes and plays the pass well. With Landon Collins already great against the run our other safety has no real requirement there.

• Advertisement

Tough to get a roster spot at safety with Collins, Berhe, Thomspon (x2) and the UDFA from last year, Adams who was impressive enough.

Interesting to see how that plays out.

Blount signs for the Eagles

Eagles win the preseason again

Will be interesting seeing him try to run against Snacks

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Blount signs for the Eagles

Eagles win the preseason again

Will be interesting seeing him try to run against Snacks

Seems like a good deal as well, he has never had success outside of NE, I had no real interest in getting him so not too bothered. He will clearly score a few TD's against us now though!! :rolleyes:

It is a position where we are short enough of experience now though. Paul Perkins is the starter, then you have Shane Vereen (who is very hard to count on) & Wayne Gallman as the presumed relief at the moment.

The other RB's on the roster are

Khalid Abdullah - Rookie out of Jame Maddison :confused:
    Orlean Darkwa - 5th year pro, 278 career rushing yards
    Shaun Draughn - 10th year pro, 723 career rushing yards
    Jacob Huesman - 1 year pro out of Chatanooga Stage, 0 carries :confused:
    Shane Smith - Rookie out of San Jose State :confused:

Perkins looked good in the last 3 games of last year but the lack of known quality behind him is worrying. Rashad Jennings is doing dancing with the stars so he could be brought back in, aside from that you are hoping Vereen stays fit, Perkins progresses and Gallman is worth the investment.

Abdullah is an interesting prospect

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/5/15/15640478/ny-ginats-news90-man-roster-preview-can-rb-khalid-abdullah-beat-the-odds

Can't see him making the roster though

We did keep 5 RBS last yeat though

Shane Smith is a FB. He carried only eight times and caught 21 passes in 25 games over four seasons at San Jose State. I always think we are better when we have a FB but McAdoo doesn't believe in using one

Darkwa could be decent if he stays injury free.

Reckon we will be on the lookouts for a cut RB to bring in to add more competition

OBJ just got paid.................... by Nike. He has signed a 5 year deal worth a reported $29 million (biggest deal in the NFL), although with incentives could be worth $48 million.

With that out of the way, can you please attend OTA's no OBJ?

I know OTAs are 'voluntary' and that OBJ was working out in LA with his personal trainer

Still not good look image wise for a lot of the offseason

Beckham was a no-show earlier this offseason at the annual Duke University passing workouts conducted by quarterback Eli Manning, citing oral surgery as his reason for not being able to attend. He was also late to a charity event last month as he missed a flight after attending the Coachella Music Festival.

Nah, apparently he's not due to join until Thursday, which is the first media day.

I wouldn't be worried about OBJ's work ethic, anyway. He's a 100%, pure intensity every day kind of guy. Might even be healthier for him to have an extended break to keep the mind fresh, tbh.

He's the last guy we need to worry about anyway.

Nah, apparently he's not due to join until Thursday, which is the first media day.

I wouldn't be worried about OBJ's work ethic, anyway. He's a 100%, pure intensity every day kind of guy. Might even be healthier for him to have an extended break to keep the mind fresh, tbh.

He's the last guy we need to worry about anyway.

I agree 100% that I have no worries about him from a physical standpoint.

There are 2 reasons I would like him at OTA's.

Marshall and Engram likely to be a huge part of the offense that getting to work with those guys would be of benefit.

He is the face of the franchise, show up, be a leader and set a standard for everyone else to match.

I see Jackrabbit landed at #54 on the top 100 players list & Rashad Jennings has won Dancing with the Stars.

• Advertisement

Giants sign DE Devin Taylor from the Lions and possibly will sign FS Duke Ihenacho formerly of the Redskins

Advertisement