Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl watering hose

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Yorky wrote: »
    Has anyone used one of these http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-C381252B-047AAA48/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_19124.htm ? It's a porous / perforated hose

If so, in what way(s)? I'm thinking of connecting it up to the water butt pump for watering raised beds rather than going to and fro with watering cans.

Thanks in advance.

Its ok,but not great.

Its more of a drip hose than anything else.

I would still prefer to use a garden hose or watering can and rainwater barrell though.:)

But thats only my opinion,after trying this out last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Yorky wrote: »
    Has anyone used one of these http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-C381252B-047AAA48/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_19124.htm ? It's a porous / perforated hose

If so, in what way(s)? I'm thinking of connecting it up to the water butt pump for watering raised beds rather than going to and fro with watering cans.

Thanks in advance.

Yorky

Weeping/porous hoses are a very effective and labour saving means of watering plants, especially in raised beds.

Porous hoses can be embedded discreetly/partly buried in or around the planted bed, not necessary to leave on the surface. Because this type of hose releases water very slowly, it provides more time for the soil and plants to absorb more water, thereby reducing the risks of wasting water.

Connecting to a water butt is an excellent method of irrigating plants.

Advertisement