Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI CC - Refund count towards payment?

• 20-03-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've got a payment on my bank of ireland credit card due start of april of e129. I've had a refund of e60. Does this count towards my payment? That is, do I just need to pay e69 to make my payment, or do I need to pay the full e129?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Usually credit card refunds don't count as a payment. Double check with BOI to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

The credit will just reduce your balance, your payment amount will remain the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The minimum payment I would have thought is usually a percentage of the outstanding balance. While the €60 won't count as a payment, it should theoretically reduce the minimum payment for this month by a few euro. You will need to ring BOI to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

rsj wrote: »
    I've got a payment on my bank of ireland credit card due start of april of e129. I've had a refund of e60. Does this count towards my payment? That is, do I just need to pay e69 to make my payment, or do I need to pay the full e129?

You will need to pay the full 129.
    Refunds do not count as part of payment (with BOI anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rsj

No the answer I was hoping for, but thank you all for your input, greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You need to pay the amount on the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You need to pay the amount on the bill. 129euro

Advertisement