Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Weekend

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Planning a weekend in Kilkenny for my sister’s 40th. I spent a lot of time in Kilkenny on business over the years but it’s many moons since I’ve been there socially so I’d like a bit of help. Basically, a couple of the women would like to go down and stay somewhere nice, nice pool or spa maybe, and have a couple of days relaxing and treating ourselves during the day and then perhaps a drink or three in the evening. Looking online we’re getting good rates in the Hotel Kilkenny, which I have stayed in previously - although it’s a couple of years ago now but from memory I think was nice – and the Ormonde which I have heard of but never stayed in.

I’d be grateful for any recommendations – thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Hotel Kilkenny is a bit far out of town. Ye'd have to get taxis in and out at night. The Ormonde is in town and has a spa. The Pembroke hotel gets good reviews, it's on Patrick St in the city. There's a spa next door to the hotel called Mint. Loads of nice restaurants and pubs around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I'd recommend The Lyrath, www.lyrath.com , nice hotel & spa, check for special offers, it's just outside Kilkenny, a short taxi ride into the city

Also highly recommend Rinuccini for food, www.rinuccini.com they do a fantastic silver hill irish duckling dish

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

lautrecs is good for food also was there at xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Teasey

Thanks all

I love the Lyrath myself but as I stayed there a lot with work it has kinda taken from it a little for me.....

I think we're going to go for the Ormonde. It's cheap enough and I've got a good deal in the spa for the Sat so it should be nice.

another question - we're going over Easter so we're resigned to the fact everythign will be closed on good Friday - but do any of the nightclubs open after midnight or has everyone stopped that kind of thing? We propbably won't bother but it woudl be nice to know, just in case.... :D

Advertisement