Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Castlebar to Westport on Saturday night

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I have friends coming to castlebar on saturday night and we are thinking of going out in westport instead of castlebar.

There will be about 15 of us in total, does anyone know of a bus service that runs at that time or of a company we could contact to arrange one?

Alternatively does anyone know what the standard taxi (normal car) fare is from castlebar town to westport town?

Any info greatly appreciated

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a bus that goes from linenhall street. think its every half hour or so. can't remember the name of the company now, moran's maybe, but you can't miss it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

IMightKnow wrote: »
    I have friends coming to castlebar on saturday night and we are thinking of going out in westport instead of castlebar.

There will be about 15 of us in total, does anyone know of a bus service that runs at that time or of a company we could contact to arrange one?

Alternatively does anyone know what the standard taxi (normal car) fare is from castlebar town to westport town?

Any info greatly appreciated
    Taxi would cost about 30. I know there is a bus that runs from castlebar every hour or so on a Saturday night for 10euro but not sure where it leaves from. It leaves westport from outside the castlecourt fairly regularly after the club

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Morans do a shuttle run on Sat night.

http://michael-moran.coach-hire.transport.castlebar-mayo.tel/

But if you look in the Mayo News paper I think they carry a list of bus and taxi numbers and you could arrange one specific to the times and location you are leaving from.

If you ring one of the pubs in Westport they will be delighted I'm sure to give you the names of a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Yes,as said Moran's best way.Bit of crack on the way home to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Moran's are good as long as you don't mind a big stampede for the return journey in Westport. They do a few runs anyways. Will give you time to get some chips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement