Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Young & Crazy Horse announce album tracklisting

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

:cool::cool::cool:
    Here is the complete track-listing for Americana:
    "Oh Susannah"
    "Clementine
"
    "Tom Dooley"
    "
Gallows Pole
"
    "Get A Job
"
    "Travel On
"
    "High Flyin’ Bird
"
    "She’ll Be Comin ’Round The Mountain"
    "This Land Is Your Land
"
    "Wayfarin’ Stranger
"
    "God Save The Queen"

Neil Young and Crazy Horse will release their new LP Americana on June 5th. It's their first album together since Greendale in 2003, and their first album with the full Crazy Horse line-up of Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina and Frank "Poncho" Sampedro since Broken Arrow in 1996. The songs on Americana are all classic American folk songs, including "This Land Is Your Land," "Gallows Pole," "Tom Dooley" and "Clementine."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-and-crazy-horse-to-release-new-album-americana-on-june-5th-20120319#ixzz1peYKgzsN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

While it is good that Neil Young and Crazy Horse are releasing a new album, how is "God Save The Queen" an American Folk Song.

And could he not have picked something else instead of "She'll be Coming Round the Mountain". Sure every man and his dog knows that, and its not as if there's a lack of songs on the Great American Songbook

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

More lazy, disposable s***e from Neil that will doubtless be heralded as a "return to form", only to ultimately sit gathering dust at the back of everyone's CD collection while they continue to wait for the next volume of Archives to come out.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Noel Gallagher has a song called Broken Arrow on his new album and Neil Young has a song called High Flyin' Bird, Broken Arrow is Neil's ranch where he lives and High Flying Bird is Noel's band.. are they writing odes to each other? bit of a coincidence that two musicians who respect each other for this to happen.

Hopefully we'll be seeing Neil soon on these shores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I was just gonna say those are very strange new song titles from Neil, til I realised they're all covers! Not sure how I feel about this. Most of his stuff since Mirrorball (1995) isn't great tbh, with the exception of Le Noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Even though they're all covers, I'm still looking forward to it. I don't expect it to be fantastic but Neil is still putting out good albums even at this stage of his career. It's also been too long since we've heard him play with Crazy Horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Temaz wrote: »

Great stuff- Neil Young will have a unique slant on all these tracks. I cannot wait to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

I nearly shot me load when i first saw mention of a new Neil & The Horse album on Facebook awhile ago.....then i see what it is....oh.....oh ****,i love Neil but im not feeling confident about this at all,still though seeing him live again would be class,he was incredible in the 02 in 09,one of the best gigs ive been to

And for the record i think "Praire Wind" is his last good album,"Le Nosie" was dreadful,no idea how it got so many good reviews......and need i even mention *shudders* "Fork In The Road"??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I nearly shot me load when i first saw mention of a new Neil & The Horse album on Facebook awhile ago.....then i see what it is....oh.....oh ****,i love Neil but im not feeling confident about this at all,still though seeing him live again would be class,he was incredible in the 02 in 09,one of the best gigs ive been to

And for the record i think "Praire Wind" is his last good album,"Le Nosie" was dreadful,no idea how it got so many good reviews......and need i even mention *shudders* "Fork In The Road"??
    Chrome Dream II had some good moments on it, No Hidden Path was particularly good even though it clocked in at 14 mins long, I think the version he played in Malahide was closer to 25 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Was I on my own liking the 'living with war' album? Some of the songs on it were class- 'After the garden' and 'lets impeach the President'. Proper protest music IMO. Then he tours it including the American deep south!!!

Dotsey wrote: »
    Chrome Dream II had some good moments on it, No Hidden Path was particularly good even though it clocked in at 14 mins long, I think the version he played in Malahide was closer to 25 mins

"No Hidden Path" is one of my favourite Neil songs,i love it(gonna put it on later actually)but the rest of the album ranged from not bad to fairly crap imo

I saw him do "No Hidden Path" in Cork the night before or after the time you saw him.....sweet Jesus it was fantastic,id always wanted to see Neil do a ridiculously long song live and i got it! a lot of the casual fans had their jaws on the floor "wtf??":eek: they thought of Neil as the folky guy of "Heart Of Gold"(which he played that night too)and had no idea of the other electric side of him,seeing their faces as Neil went on and on...and on was comical,quite a few complaints on the radio the next day!

As far as "Living With War" goes the preachy message really put me off,the music seemed to be alright but the lyrics were awful "War is bad","Bush is an asshole" etc.....gee Neil,we had no idea! i cant stand anti war songs,theyre always patronising pieces of crap(except for Dylans early stuff which is light years ahead of anyone elses)

Despite all that im still a huge fan,i could listen to him giving it loads on the electric guitar till the comes come home,no one does it like him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Dotsey wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher has a song called Broken Arrow on his new album and Neil Young has a song called High Flyin' Bird, Broken Arrow is Neil's ranch where he lives and High Flying Bird is Noel's band.. are they writing odes to each other? bit of a coincidence that two musicians who respect each other for this to happen.

Woah, that evidence is watertight. I'm surprised none of Neil's biographers have picked up on this. But why are they keeping their friendship secret? Unless they're more than just friends? It would explain the odes...

This thread has made me dig out some Neil,had "Live At The Filmore" on a while ago(definitive versions of "Cowgirl.." and "Down By.." on that album imo,both are incredible)

"Mirrorball" now,very underrated album me thinks,rocks like a bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Advertisement