Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calender issue on iPhone 4

• 20-03-2012 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 4 running the latest software. When I go into the calender, I don't have the option of adding anything to it. The "+" from the top right of the screen isn't there. It wasn't there before I updated to the 5.1 either. Anybody know what is going on? I might be missing something, but it just doesn't make sense. My girlfriend also has the iPhone 4 running 5.1 and she has the option to add to the calender. I can't see any settings that are different between the 2 phones :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you Gmail or iCloud calendars enabled? Try disabling them. Then turn back on the ones you want to use. There might be a conflict or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Have you Gmail or iCloud calendars enabled? Try disabling them. Then turn back on the ones you want to use. There might be a conflict or something.

Neither of them are enabled :(

Has anybody else got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i've seen something similar in email where the button to go back to the mailbox was missing, i went back to the home and tapped home twice and closed the email app from there

might fix your calendar issue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

BDJW wrote: »
    Neither of them are enabled :(

Try turning iCloud calendars on. This seems to be a glitch which doing this should fix. The same thing can happen with Contacts.

• Advertisement

Ok, I turned on iCloud calenders and my calender started working correctly again. So I turned it off, and it stopped working. I deleted the iCloud account off the phone.....I never use it so no need for it. I thought by doing this, it would have the calender working properly, but it didn't help.
    I have my hotmail account linked to the phone, but again, don't use it, but when I turned the calender on for the hotmail account, my normal calender starting working again. So the issue is that the calender isn't working unless the iCloud/email client calender is enabled. Seems a bit stupid to me, as I have no desire for the option of syncing these calenders with my phone, but how and ever :)

Advertisement