Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing eircom.net email password

Options
  • 20-03-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to sort out a problem for someone who (unwisely) used the same password for all sorts of accounts and is now feeling the pain after her password got disclosed.

We're in the process of regaining control of her accounts out there, but I can't work out how to reset her eircom.net password and this is a big problem.

She's getting "someone has reactivated your account, click here to approve" emails to this account, but since it uses the same password as her others (the one that has been hacked) it's possibly only a matter of time before whoever is messing her up logs into her email and starts approving the requests.

I logged in to her email and according to the help instructions -
    To change your password:

Click the Preferences tab.

Select the General tab and in Login Options, click Change Password.

Enter your old password, your new password, and retype your new password to confirm. Note: Your password cannot contain accented characters, such as these letters: ñ, é, ó, etc.

Click Change password. Your password has been changed."
    #

The only problem is that there is no "login options" under the general tab. I tried ringing the helpline and got lost in the voice commands. I tried clicking on various links on the website for contacting us and eircom helpfully tells me that because I'm coming from a non-Irish IP address I can only do certain things and it looks like getting support online and making changes isn't one of them.

So, before my mothers account gets totally hosed can someone tell me how I can change her email password please ?

Thanks,

z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

zagmund wrote: »
    I'm trying to sort out a problem for someone who (unwisely) used the same password for all sorts of accounts and is now feeling the pain after her password got disclosed.

We're in the process of regaining control of her accounts out there, but I can't work out how to reset her eircom.net password and this is a big problem.

She's getting "someone has reactivated your account, click here to approve" emails to this account, but since it uses the same password as her others (the one that has been hacked) it's possibly only a matter of time before whoever is messing her up logs into her email and starts approving the requests.

I logged in to her email and according to the help instructions -
    To change your password:

Click the Preferences tab.

Select the General tab and in Login Options, click Change Password.

Enter your old password, your new password, and retype your new password to confirm. Note: Your password cannot contain accented characters, such as these letters: ñ, é, ó, etc.

Click Change password. Your password has been changed."
    #

The only problem is that there is no "login options" under the general tab. I tried ringing the helpline and got lost in the voice commands. I tried clicking on various links on the website for contacting us and eircom helpfully tells me that because I'm coming from a non-Irish IP address I can only do certain things and it looks like getting support online and making changes isn't one of them.

So, before my mothers account gets totally hosed can someone tell me how I can change her email password please ?

Thanks,

z

Hi zagmund,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay replying.

Can you PM me with the eircom Email address. If you are not logged into the Internet throught an eircom network, you will possibly receive a similar error.

I'm not sure why you are unable to click on certain links on the 'Change Password' website. I've had no reports of problems and all the links appear to work for me fine.

You may wish to review your access on the website again and visit a support page from the eircom Community Forum - url]http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=109&E=0000000000002497717&K=2677&Sxi=2&Problem=obj%283168%29&DCSext.clickedFrom=bb;home;topqueries[/url Issues [/URL]

If you do not wish to go through Technical Support, then I should be able to change the password for the Account holder.

In order to change the password, I will need the following verification details : Please PM me with the eircom Email Account details:

Login username, last 3 alpha/numeric characters on the password.

If you aren't able to supply the above, then you will need to answer any security questions that the account holder has setup on their Account.

If you still need to call eircom Technical Support after this, please see contact information below.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Thanks for the reply. I eventually got on to someone in support (after getting through to the eircom landline folks who redirected me) and they were able to reset the password for me.

The point still stands that I can't see how to change the password by myself though.

I logged in to 'my email' from www.eircom.net and according to the instructions I should be able to find the password reset function under Preferences.General.Login Options, but as you can see from the attached image, there doesn't seem to be a 'Login Options' section.

Am I missing something ?

z

Thanks for the reply. I eventually got on to someone in support (after getting through to the eircom landline folks who redirected me) and they were able to reset the password for me.

The point still stands that I can't see how to change the password by myself though.

I logged in to 'my email' from www.eircom.net and according to the instructions I should be able to find the password reset function under Preferences.General.Login Options, but as you can see from the attached image, there doesn't seem to be a 'Login Options' section.

Am I missing something ?

z

Hi zagmund,

Thanks for your reply and good to hear that you've reset the email account password.

I am looking into your query on your problem accessing the self 'Login Options' section on the Support website.

I will respond shortly.

Thanks,
    Ant

Am I missing something ?

z

Hi zagmund,

Thanks for waiting on my reply.

Can you confirm if you're able to access the following Support website :

http://autoreg.eircom.net/passwordchange/

If possible, could you test if you can reset your password.

*Note: You will only be able to use the Password Changer if you are accessing the internet using an eircom net connection.

Best wishes,
    Ant

When I click on that link I get redirected to http://support.eircom.net/noniisp.asp?source=autoreg which tells me that I can't change password. I am not on an eircom link.
    You appear to be connected to the internet using a non-Irish Internet Service Provider (ISP), or an unrecognised network.

z

• Advertisement

When I click on that link I get redirected to http://support.eircom.net/noniisp.asp?source=autoreg which tells me that I can't change password. I am not on an eircom link.

z

Thanks zagmund,

As advised earlier "You will only be able to use the Password Changer if you are accessing the internet using an eircom net connection."

This would explain why you're not able to change your password as you appear to be currently connected to the Internet with a different provider. You will still have the option to change your password either by : Direct Messaging us here on Boards; Or contacting eircom Technical Support directly, as you hav. You also have the option of connecting through an eircom network. For e.g: eircom WiFiHub (hotspot) or any other eircom connection point - http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/

Once you connect through the eircom network you shouldn't receive this error again, and will be able to reset your email password.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 heardofyou

i have an eircom.net email account which i have using for the past 15years. i changed my service provider 4 years ago and continued using my eircom email account no problem. i recently closed down my computer and when i rebooted it was looking for user name and password to access my mail. i logged in with my email address but have no idea what the password is because it's so long ago. Eircom do not seem to be available to non account holders and i cannot receive my emails without the password. is there any particular no. in eircom i can use to retrieve this or have eircom decided to blank non account holders?

I was never able to get a good resolution. I can't remember what happened in the end, but I wasn't able to get over the apparent requirement that you must be connected over an eircom link to change the password.

z

heardofyou wrote: »
    i have an eircom.net email account which i have using for the past 15years. i changed my service provider 4 years ago and continued using my eircom email account no problem. i recently closed down my computer and when i rebooted it was looking for user name and password to access my mail. i logged in with my email address but have no idea what the password is because it's so long ago. Eircom do not seem to be available to non account holders and i cannot receive my emails without the password. is there any particular no. in eircom i can use to retrieve this or have eircom decided to blank non account holders?

Hi heardofyou,

Thanks for posting on the forum. If you PM your eircom email address I will look after this for you.

Best regards,
    Ant

I was never able to get a good resolution. I can't remember what happened in the end, but I wasn't able to get over the apparent requirement that you must be connected over an eircom link to change the password.

z

Thanks for query zagmund,

If you PM your eircom email account I will look into this for you.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement

Thanks - the person got sorted one way or another in the end.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2 heardofyou

so did i, a program had stopped internet explorer working properly, disconected the wireless connection and set defaults on emails to old ones , i manage to retrieve my password from some old hard copy files and i am up and running now thanks for your offer of help

• Registered Users Posts: 7 socheallaigh

I have the same problem.

I have an eircom.net email account which i have using for a good few years. i changed my service provider a few years ago and kept using my eircom email account. but recently lost password to access my mail. i logged in with my email address but have no idea what the password is because it's so long ago.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

I have the same problem.

I have an eircom.net email account which i have using for a good few years. i changed my service provider a few years ago and kept using my eircom email account. but recently lost password to access my mail. i logged in with my email address but have no idea what the password is because it's so long ago.

Sean

Hi socheallaigh

You will need to call email support on 1530 277 100 as they will need to verify some security questions with you that you would have answered when creating your eircom email address. Once you have answered these questions they will then confirm your password.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cor1

Thanks for query zagmund,

If you PM your eircom email account I will look into this for you.

Best wishes,
    Ant
    Hi Ant, have same problem with email eircom.net account not recognizing user name. same thing after 15 years it just switched off. contacted eircom   1530 277 100 which requested last phone bill with eircom, again the last bill was 15 years ago so did not have that. could you please look into this if I pm my email address. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cor1 wrote: »
    Hi Ant, have same problem with email eircom.net account not recognizing user name. same thing after 15 years it just switched off. contacted eircom   1530 277 100 which requested last phone bill with eircom, again the last bill was 15 years ago so did not have that. could you please look into this if I pm my email address.
    Hi cor1

If you would like to PM your email address to me I would be happy to have this looked into.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cor1

Good morning Alan, 
    Any news for me regarding password issue related to my eircom.net e-mail.
    Warm regards.

Advertisement