Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've seen the clip of the Riley cooper incident and heard shadys reaction to it and I can't see cooper being in Philly for the season. Vick came out and said he forgave cooper ,but how rich would it have been if Vick hadn't forgiven him when the eagles players forgave him for what he did.

Chip kelly and the coaches won't let the issue affect the team, so if a good number of the roster say they can't play with then its goodbye Riley.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think they should keep him. He said one word. It sets a huge double standard in the NFL if Cooper is cut for saying one word while probably drunk, and yet earlier in the year Chris Culliver got away with ridiculously homophobic comments in the run up to the super bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

He will be cut eventually if the team decide it. The comment was immature and offensive but it was a slip of the the tongue if he was a genuine racist why play in the NFL. Wish we drafted another receiver though the receiving core is way to small.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

aha_sender wrote: »
    He will be cut eventually if the team decide it. The comment was immature and offensive but it was a slip of the the tongue if he was a genuine racist why play in the NFL. Wish we drafted another receiver though the receiving core is way to small.

I think well be fine our offense will be run orientated and our passing will be heavely te based

nerd69 wrote: »
    I think well be fine our offense will be run orientated and our passing will be heavely te based

Still though you need a legit Wr such Dez bryanat, megatron, fitz and aj Green. the patritos did well without a true wr but they usually excetion to the rule . Our Te's Have potential, cant for 3TE sets with Desean as vertical threat. Am expecting McCoy to be an all-pro this year.

• Advertisement

Still though you need a legit Wr such Dez bryanat, megatron, fitz and aj Green. the patritos did well without a true wr but they usually excetion to the rule . Our Te's Have potential, cant for 3TE sets with Desean as vertical threat. Am expecting McCoy to be an all-pro this year.

We would all like a wr like that but there bloody hard to come across bar Bryant there all top 10 first round pics and none of there teams are particularly successful a lot if the better teams out there don't necessarily have that bit elite receiver they have 1-3 guys who have a knack for getting open/cause matchup problems

We would all like a wr like that but there bloody hard to come across bar Bryant there all top 10 first round pics and none of there teams are particularly successful a lot if the better teams out there don't necessarily have that bit elite receiver they have 1-3 guys who have a knack for getting open/cause matchup problems
    Yeah i agree with on that point, it is a luxury and they are rare players. The match up problems is good but we do need to bit more physical players. While damarious is nice Johnson is having a nice camp he is too similar to Desean. Hopefully Benn can step now that he is recovered from injury looked so good in college and is a nice compliment to Jackson.
    Nice to hear that our defense doing well hoping for it to based on the steelers model love that defense.

Yeah i agree with on that point, it is a luxury and they are rare players. The match up problems is good but we do need to bit more physical players. While damarious is nice Johnson is having a nice camp he is too similar to Desean. Hopefully Benn can step now that he is recovered from injury looked so good in college and is a nice compliment to Jackson.
    Nice to hear that our defense doing well hoping for it to based on the steelers model love that defense.

I agree that there similar I'm just hoping ertz celek and casey can offset the size issues not sure what to make of Ben to be honest could be a really good piece but I just have something in the back of my mind telling me not to get my hopes up

Benn is a complete unknown at this point but he does have raw talent . I would take 8 wins this year

And another one bites the dust benn gone for the season

• Advertisement

Wow what we do at receiver now

Desean Jackson
    Riley cooper
    Jason avant
    Demarius Johnson
    Russel Shepard

First depth chart from the eagles. Foles/Vick both as starting QB

Vick gets the start but him and Foles will split the reps in the game and split the pre season games. Barkley will play tomorrow night as well.

So what are my fellow eagles fans hopes and expectations for the game tonight ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So what are my fellow eagles fans hopes and expectations for the game tonight ?

Just a decent showing something we can build off not to pushed about a win

Just a decent showing something we can build off not to pushed about a win

I want to see both Vick and foles behind an O- line of some description tonight.

Avants first drop since last preseason

itd be awsome if the commentators actually said something about the eagles instead of bb tom brady bb tom brady bb tom brady

itd be awsome if the commentators actually said something about the eagles instead of bb tom brady bb tom brady bb tom brady

Are you watching on gamepass nerd ? I'm watching patriots live coverage but listening to Eagles commentary over it.

• Advertisement

Are you watching on gamepass nerd ? I'm watching patriots live coverage but listening to Eagles commentary over it.

Ya but just realised that gamepass seems to be a stream from the pats that's very annoying

McCoy brown and Polk should rip it up this year

Nice drive by foles there for the TD. Foles even ran a play and slid FEET first and its the first team o-line in front of foles ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Ya but just realised that gamepass seems to be a stream from the pats that's very annoying

You can change the audio source. Put your mouse on the screen and the volume bar and progress bar will pop up. You will see the Wrench icon. Hover over it and you can change the audio.

Nice drive by foles there for the TD. Foles even ran a play and slid FEET first and its the first team o-line in front of foles ?

Foles ran a few times last year he's not quick but if he sees space he will take a few yards

I think it's first team still

Barkley next drive aparently

barkley not playing well he will be better for backing up this year (all be it off seeing him for half a game)

run d didnt play well

momah needs to play at least one year on the practice squad

but overall the offense looks positive

barkley not playing well he will be better for backing up this year (all be it off seeing him for half a game)

run d didnt play well

momah needs to play at least one year on the practice squad

but overall the offense looks positive

Yeah Barkley missed some open receivers but first snaps as a NFL QB ill leave him away with that one. The D needs to start playing way better.

Both Vick and foles behind the 1 offense were very good and showed good signs which was encouraging.

Vinnycurry looked well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

Vick + time = TD. that is all

• Advertisement

Deadpool wrote: »
    Vick + time = TD. that is all

Or int/td it's really luck of the draw

Advertisement