Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

Over all I was happy with what I seen last night. I think vick will have a very good season this year. but haters will hate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

round 2 of vick v foles tonight should be interesting im looking forward to seeing barkley get a bit of time again tonight as well

the wrs should be playing lights out if salas can build on last week he should make the roster im looking for big games from johnson and sheppard to

rb should be fun as well brown/polk should be an interesting battle

the d has to show more than what they did last week i expect better this week

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Only watched the first half of the Carolina game and even if it is the pre season that o-line isn't related to the one last year. foles and Vick have had so much time and were making throws and McCoy and Polk were getting space and holes opening for them.

foles at the end of the first quarter seemed to lose concentration as he fumbled at least two snaps I saw and threw the pick.

Vick looked great and showed what he can do when healthy and has time to make throws when not off balance, and the pick was right at the end so wouldn't hold it against him.

second half to follow.....

Second half of the eagles game was okay as Barkley started off better than last week but then started missing his throws behind the intended targets which was the opposite of last week.

The defence was better than last week but still need to improve but it's pre season and they will have time but it was better than week 1 which is good to see.

so after two weeks of preseason it good that things aren't going backwards but forwards and the worries about chip Kelly's offence don't seem to be happening yet anyway.

oh ya and wing the punter, jaysus what a boot on him, he gets so much hang time that the coverage for the eagles gave the panthers return guy little time and space to get a return.

well vicks our starter week one what do ye think lads?

hes had a good preseason but it feels like been there done that well have to see if chips offense can change him

nerd69 wrote: »
    well vicks our starter week one what do ye think lads?

hes had a good preseason but it feels like been there done that well have to see if chips offense can change him

Not surprised by Vick being the starter. I said I'd be happy with foles as the starter week one but he isn't. I'll be interested to see how Vick performs with a functioning, intact online, but Vick still needs to cut out stupid decisions he makes. If he can do that then ill be happy. I just want the team doing well, if that's with Vick as starter then great.

• Advertisement

nearly there lads cant wait to see chips offense at long last

happy with the roster although there where some odd calls the strangest ones for me where cutting acho after his huge game v the jets and cutting harbour but keeping ikeguenu

also williams fighting with cooper today in practice i dont know if he started this or not but im already sick of his **** really dont like the guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cary Williams is a hot head

Pushed an official to the ground in the Super Bowl and somehow was not ejected.

Would sit on the sidelines yapping at the vets. And himself signed from the Titans practice squad...

Confidence is good but Eagles fans can look forward to a season of average play, constant yapping at officials and giving excuses to coaches. It's never his fault

He did a job in Baltimore, worked his way up to be a starter, got a ring but he is not missed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

DRC had a good game for the Broncos last night was very solid covering Smith who destroyed them last year. Don't Really Care though... See what I did there? :(

Yea Williams seems to be a bit of a hot head all right, although I can see teams targeting Cooper for a lot of abuse this season. Just depends on how he reacts.

What cooper did was stupid and I'm not justifying it at all but excluding that insedent I don't like his personality I don't think iv ever disliked an eagle more and we've garinteed him far to much money over the next few years if rather have fletcher and boykins on the outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

What was the story with Danny Watkins lads?, can he become a player?

Leslie91 wrote: »
    What was the story with Danny Watkins lads?, can he become a player?

He can wont be a star but can be good

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How has Foles been doing since Chip arrived?

ok not as good as vick not great but not bad he would be a game manager whereas vicks a playmaker. if he comes in i feel we will lean a lot harder on the run game.

he will be playing a lot this year so im hoping he improves

I worry about Vick staying healthy for any period of time.

I worry about Vick staying healthy for any period of time.

i feel we can still gain a lot of yards with foles in there just slightly less explosive and we will be at a slightly greater risk of interceptions

I haven't seen Foles play for quite awhile now, but I did like him when I saw him.

I haven't seen Foles play for quite awhile now, but I did like him when I saw him.

my big issue with vick is hes a dink and duck passer he will hit the occasional outstanding pass down the field but he throws a lot of picks on downfield throws

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

A lot of encouragement to be taken from last nights game! The O was ridiculously high tempo and I loved watching it, still a few questions about Vicks decision making and reluctance to slide but overall I was happy. The D impressed me a lot, kendricks had a big game and looks a natural at his new position, great to have a beast in Jason Peters back, and Cary Williams was superb at CB!

If nothing else it's gonna be an exciting year to be an Eagle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Is this the Eagles thread?

How u guys feeling about my Bolts coming to town? will your D be able to shut us down? does our D have no chance against the Chip Kelly O? what say yee?

I reckon it will be a tight one that SD can win.

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Is this the Eagles thread?

How u guys feeling about my Bolts coming to town? will your D be able to shut us down? does our D have no chance against the Chip Kelly O? what say yee?

I reckon it will be a tight one that SD can win.

1. yup

2. im quietly confident

3. i have no confidence in our d so we will have to wait and see

4. chip kellys o had the perfect storm last week the skins messed up there first 3 drives so there defense got far to tired to stop anything i can see this happening with rivers. we need to rotate players more and maintain our high pace throughout the game if so we will be hard to stop not quite as hard as we seemed in the first half monday but hard none the less.

I got a bit swept away in the first half the last day but it showed a lot of promise i said the last day that we need to rotate rbs more and shady has come out and said as much since. if we can give shady a few touches at the start a fresh bryce brown will rip most tired ds apart on top of that you will have polk or better again a fresh shady coming in in a few plays again and thats where we will cause trouble

my biggest issues with our offense is vicks decision making on the read option and vick/jackson getting injured

our d is not as good as it showed in the first half that was an abomination but it showed flashes of potential none the less

bradley fletcher will miss the chargers game with a concussion looking forward to seeing boykins out wide i think he can be a very very good outside cb

My only concern having listened to Philly radio and read NFL.com is can we keep up the pace the team are playing at ? It's a longer year at a 16 game season with less players on a pro team then a college roster. I can see why chip Kelly is given the team Mondays off now.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    My only concern having listened to Philly radio and read NFL.com is can we keep up the pace the team are playing at ? It's a longer year at a 16 game season with less players on a pro team then a college roster. I can see why chip Kelly is given the team Mondays off now.

rotation is key however we have a lot of smaller fitter players so provided there not getting hit we could be ok

nerd69 wrote: »
    rotation is key however we have a lot of smaller fitter players so provided there not getting hit we could be ok

Yeah I get the rotation part but shady was in bits Monday night.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah I get the rotation part but shady was in bits Monday night.

i cant foresee him getting that many touches again

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

In a perfect world, Shady won't need to shoulder that big of a work load as we have other running backs who are spoken highly of as back-ups. But, if he's going to be a pro-bowl caliber type of running back, he'll need to get consistent touches.

If the rotation of players in and out works well and Vick can avoid being detrimental to the team's success...and the defense even plays average...then I can see the Eagles having a solid year.

I also expect a lot of shoot-out games this year...which hopefully they''ll be on the good side of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

I wouldn't be too worried about the 2nd half last week. Fair enough we got a bit too complacent, but I think Chip was happy to slow the tempo down.

We are still a bit of an unknown in the league and other teams will be trying to analyse our play book, changing it up at halftime meant we kept a good portion of the playbook hidden for another week.

I not convinced conditioning will be a problem either, but time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I feel like its groundhog day again, That Defense is Mush :mad:

• Advertisement

I feel like its groundhog day again, That Defense is Mush :mad:

ya but theres a lot to build off there we where never a sb team this year im just looking for some good consistant play that shows we can be a team that threatens within the next 2-5 years

Advertisement