Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

nerd69 wrote: »
    ya but theres a lot to build off there we where never a sb team this year im just looking for some good consistant play that shows we can be a team that threatens within the next 2-5 years

I know yeah, but the offense looks great, plenty of options, loads of points, if we could just sort out the other end, we might be capable of going far

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

Not even a career-high in passing yards and zero turnovers from Vick was enough to offset the defensive performance that we saw yesterday.

Key area for concern: 3rd down conversions. San Diego converted 10 of 15 third down attempts...Antonio Gates ripped the Eagles to shreds. They couldn't stop the intermediate passing game. That's something that needs to be rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

JerseyJoe wrote: »
    Not even a career-high in passing yards and zero turnovers from Vick was enough to offset the defensive performance that we saw yesterday.

Key area for concern: 3rd down conversions. San Diego converted 10 of 15 third down attempts...Antonio Gates ripped the Eagles to shreds. They couldn't stop the intermediate passing game. That's something that needs to be rectified.

We couldn't get a hand on Floyd either before he got the injury. Floyd isn't a bad player now or anything but god forbid what's going to happen our defense when they face a better QB/WR pairing than Rivers/Floyd.

I will give that Rivers had a great game yesterday but then how much of that comes down to shocking defense on the Eagles side. I didn't get to see their game against the Texans so maybe he's a better than I remember him being but the game against the Broncos Sunday week isn't one I'm looking forward to at all seeing that D yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wouldn't like to be billy Davis today in the novacare complex. I and I'm sure many of the eagles fans on this forum aren't expecting to win things this year, but I hoped that this year we would have three "sides" of the ball performing to a consistent level. The offence has been brilliant so far this year but the defense let us down yesterday.

- Michael Vick had a career day yesterday and we scored 30 points and the O Line is times better than last year which is great to see, which makes it even more annoying.
    - desean needs to cop himself on as week one he got into in Washington instead of shutting up and yesterday got a stupid personal foul flag.
    - Cary Williams needs a good slap after yesterday. 3 PI calls is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

im disappointed with ertzs amount of passes dropped so far this year i know hes a rookie but he should be abel to catch the ball consistently regardless its compounded by celeks case of the dropsies over the last 2 years

• Advertisement

I feel like its groundhog day again, That Defense is Mush :mad:

That was 2 weeks ago.

Today, it is Groundhog day :(

That was 2 weeks ago.

Today, it is Groundhog day :(

i kinda knew wed get walked over by peyton but theres no resistance at all on our part very disappointing

and i taught it could'nt get any worse :mad:

and i taught it could'nt get any worse :mad:

still not as bad as last year tbh

still not as bad as last year tbh

Its getting there, we've still plenty of games left ;)

• Advertisement

Its getting there, we've still plenty of games left ;)

If we have another year like last year it's time for howie roseman to go it could be anyway to be honest.

Chip I would give a bit of time unless there's no potential being shown at all but Im still pretty high on the potential there

If we have another year like last year it's time for howie roseman to go it could be anyway to be honest.

Chip I would give a bit of time unless there's no potential being shown at all but Im still pretty high on the potential there

Yip I like Chip and what the Offense is doing, its the Defense or lack off as the case may be thats my main gripe

Yip I like Chip and what the Offense is doing, its the Defense or lack off as the case may be thats my main gripe

I think the d just needs capible players tge biggest issue there in my opinion is how bad the drafting has been lately I was looking over some of our recent drafts and we had a lot of picks that drove me mad st the time and never panned out ie. Watkins, Jarrett and two neshiem

The offense under chip Kelly has been has been good, but the defense has been horrible. The eagles D hasn't been good since JJ died IMO. I'm looking for consistency from the eagles but when one side of the ball lets the other down its very annoying.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The offense under chip Kelly has been has been good, but the defense has been horrible. The eagles D hasn't been good since JJ died IMO. I'm looking for consistency from the eagles but when one side of the ball lets the other down its very annoying.

Ya but jj was one of the greates of all time in my opinion not an easy guy to replace

I just cant resist: FLY EAGLES FLY!!! :D

I just cant resist: FLY EAGLES FLY!!! :D

missed the game had to go to galway we played well il take it

missed the game had to go to galway we played well il take it

Well played well enough to beat the giants. Foles played some nice stuff when he came into the game I have to say. The giants are just a bad football team. At 2-3 and out schedule the next few weeks we don't play a team with a. Winning record. If the D could be more consistant we would be more decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

This is a good chance for Philly to get to .500 this week against the Bucs.

Hopefully the birds will make Glennon look like a rookie QB and not a damn all-pro!

Here's hoping. could be interesting to see how our o goes with a less mobile qb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Foles looked very good. Not gonna lie, i'm way happier with him in there. Vick just makes too many mistakes. Despite the lack of mobility i think Foles is a better qb and we've an offensive genius running our team. IMO Foles opens up more of our weapons.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Foles looked very good. Not gonna lie, i'm way happier with him in there. Vick just makes too many mistakes. Despite the lack of mobility i think Foles is a better qb and we've an offensive genius running our team. IMO Foles opens up more of our weapons.

Really?, in past seasons he's made a few but not this season, i'd have him ahead of Foles every game, He's been 1 of the top QB's in the league this season and offers alot more on the ground then Foles to, i still expect him to be the starter when he's fit.

He's missed multiple open receivers. Vick is mega inconsistent as a passer and can't lead a WR to save his life. He's a threat with his legs but as a passer i'd have him in the bottom 10 starting qbs in the league easy. Also he STILL can't adjust to blitzes. Look at Foles today, in the 2nd quarter he was a bit rocky with Tampa getting tons of pressure but the line adjusted and Foles didn't get happy feet like Mike does and we put them away easy enough in the end. Also it's nice to have a qb back there who doesn't leave you terrified he's gonna get injured on every play...

Vick is a highlight reel qb. Not that i think Foles is good enough to be a franchise qb but we need to see what he has. We know what Vick brings and we know its not enough. If there's a chance that nick can be the guy then we gotta see it. I was very impressed today.

He's missed multiple open receivers. Vick is mega inconsistent as a passer and can't lead a WR to save his life. He's a threat with his legs but as a passer i'd have him in the bottom 10 starting qbs in the league easy. Also he STILL can't adjust to blitzes. Look at Foles today, in the 2nd quarter he was a bit rocky with Tampa getting tons of pressure but the line adjusted and Foles didn't get happy feet like Mike does and we put them away easy enough in the end. Also it's nice to have a qb back there who doesn't leave you terrified he's gonna get injured on every play...

Vick is a highlight reel qb. Not that i think Foles is good enough to be a franchise qb but we need to see what he has. We know what Vick brings and we know its not enough. If there's a chance that nick can be the guy then we gotta see it. I was very impressed today.

Well i would'nt say no to having Vick on the field today.

Well i would'nt say no to having Vick on the field today.

This is why we need to have Foles in there. We need to see what he has... it appears not much. :(

this is as bad as any qb performance from someone not named Blaine Gabbert.

This is why we need to have Foles in there. We need to see what he has... it appears not much. :(

this is as bad as any qb performance from someone not named Blaine Gabbert.

I never had much time for Foles, Vick has his faults no doubt............. jesus i think Foles is after under throwing to a wide open Avant in the endzone and it ended up an Interception :mad:

I never had much time for Foles, Vick has his faults no doubt............. jesus i think Foles is after under throwing to a wide open Avant in the endzone and it ended up an Interception :mad:

Yeah he did and looking at the replays avants hand was under the ball so looks like it will be upheld as a int.

Unless something unbelievable happens in the next 15mins, I think the debate over who should be the starting QB is over after tonight.

Yup, even being quite anti Vick after today he's in no danger of losing the starting job. We're gonna need a qb next year for sure. And a WR to complement Deshaun.

I still have faith in Kellys offense. It's not like the Cowboys are doing anything out of the ordinary on D, it's just been a case of poor execution all day.

• Advertisement

So Vick is looking like he will get the start sunday against the giants. Shady needs to sot doing "too much", as he said and just do what he does and has done so well this season. And its a bank holiday weekend with clocks going back so an eagles win would top it off nicely.

Advertisement