Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Vick is looking like he will get the start sunday against the giants. Shady needs to sot doing "too much", as he said and just do what he does and has done so well this season. And its a bank holiday weekend with clocks going back so an eagles win would top it off nicely.

:( I think you'll get your wish to be honest. We were utterly awful Monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cassius Easy Burglar

HigginsJ wrote: »
    :( I think you'll get your wish to be honest. We were utterly awful Monday night

On the bright side looks like yeve got jadavion clowney to look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

On the bright side looks like yeve got jadavion clowney to look forward to

We will trade down I think if we get the chance to take him

Red Crow wrote: »
    We will trade down I think if we get the chance to take him

i dont know having elite ends has been huge for the giants in the past

im not bothered by wins and losses to be honest but what i really wanted this year was a solid foundation showing its still not as bad as last year but its pretty terrible stuff the last 2 weeks perhaps its just that this offense has to have a mobile qb but if thats the case why did we waste a 4th on barkley in one of the deeper drafts in years.

the d has been looking pretty good since its gotten going (or gotten the chance to get some rest) especially given that its not a particularly talented unit

but the offense has been pretty poor to say the least its looking now like a lot of the first few weeks has been due to vicks ability to make the defense stop for a second.

if our offense keeps going as it is we need to trade up for mariota in next years draft (even though it could cost us an arm and a left) or if kelly feels manzel can do it in the nfl/keep his head down a bit more we may be able to get him at our pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I could post a long post like you nerd but 3 points in the last seven quarters of football. Enough said .

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I could post a long post like you nerd but 3 points in the last seven quarters of football.

:D pretty much it in a nutshell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Only Johnny Football can save this Offense :cool:

wooooo td :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Shocking stuff... Kelly has to learn from this. That being said it's not like we haven't been in a position to score in these games. Poor play calling last night tho. Felt very Andy Reid like at times... :( seemed like there was a lack of balance.

• Advertisement

With all these draft picks we're racking up, i really hope they are used well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Here lads - Nick Foles mightn't be that bad at all :eek:

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Here lads - Nick Foles mightn't be that bad at all :eek:

meh i like him but i wont be calling him a superstar off of one game hes still got growing to do but he has potential

props to foles great game today but credit to the offensive line they game him massive amounts of time in to pocket today

meh i like him but i wont be calling him a superstar off of one game hes still got growing to do but he has potential

Yeah agreed, excellant performance from him but has to be more consistant, on the evidence of last night it would seem likely he's gonna get til the end of the season so we'll see what he's got on a regular basis.

Yeah agreed, excellant performance from him but has to be more consistant, on the evidence of last night it would seem likely he's gonna get til the end of the season so we'll see what he's got on a regular basis.

Well barkley looks like he could do with another offseason at least and Vicks looked good but he's gone after this year so not much point in starting him I'd like if we gae foles the rest f the year to see how he plays but I fear he's gona have a bad game next week and well bring Vick back in

anybody see the Article on the ESPN website evaluating each teams draft needs, Eagles is a QB.

Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater, and Brent Huntley were the top 3 prospects, Manziel also got a mention who would be my choice, i think he would be great with our Offense, he seems to have improved alot as a passer, and seems to take his time alot more now before making a play compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

anybody see the Article on the ESPN website evaluating each teams draft needs, Eagles is a QB.

Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater, and Brent Huntley were the top 3 prospects, Manziel also got a mention who would be my choice, i think he would be great with our Offense, he seems to have improved alot as a passer, and seems to take his time alot more now before making a play compared to last year.

Eagles drafting a QB as a need is insanity. Foles has to be given an opportunity. Hes looked very good this year bar Dallas which given he was playing hurt shouldn't be considered massively.

He doesn't turn the ball over, hes accurate and has shown a lot of promise.

Our needs are on the defensive side of the ball, a safety, MLB, a good DT and pass rushing end all would be needs above of QB.

i think chip will just stay wherever we are and take best available regardless of need tbh

The correct way to draft. I think Johnny Football will fall on draft day. Tons of character concerns in what should be a strong qb draft. The most important thing for us to get imo is a elite pass rushing olb. We need to get more pressure on the qb. Fletch is a beast on the line and will only get better but we need someone that the tackles fear coming off the edge. A Ware type player would do nicely. :)

• Advertisement

I was talking to a friend last night who lives close to Philadelphia and he was saying that theres alot of rumours that Manziel will end up there and many expect him to, time will tell i suppose, but it makes tonights Texas a&m game on ESPN even more watchable now .........The Future :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

So can we actually take Green Bay this weekend? Bookies have us down as favourites now so but too many years of disappointment has me very very wary about being confident going into this one.
    I know the Packers D was poor last week and without Rodgers it's as good a chance as we can ask for.

And in Lambeau.. Going the a very tough ask but a win would be huge considering that Dallas are going to have to play the Packers later this year with Rodgers back so a win would be absolutely huge with regards playoff implications considering the strength of the NFC East right now.

Excellant start and wallace is Injured and out of the game, surely we cant lose this now

Excellant start and wallace is Injured and out of the game, surely we cant lose this now

Don't underestimate our ability to fup up!! :P

Excellant last 2 games, Foles looked good again but he must keep it going next week against the Redskins

Excellant last 2 games, Foles looked good again but he must keep it going next week against the Redskins

yup if he keeps this form up i dont see us drafting a qb

yup if he keeps this form up i dont see us drafting a qb

Oh i dont know about that, he has the pressure of Vick now to keep him performing, if Vick leaves, that only leaves Barkley, I think we still need to look there in the draft

Good win. Even with the injuries the packers are a good team with a lot of good players. Our run D stepped up well today i felt.

On Foles his stat sheet is awesome but i thought it was an average game from him. However... thats actually something i'm happy to see. He won't always play like he did against Oakland and he still moved the chains and got us points. The 1st Td was underthrown poorly but the 2nd one I thought was a decent throw. Coop had to come back a bit but it was underthrown safely if that makes sense. Good use of the field.

The last drive tho... wowza. Felt like we had the ball for a month!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

I can get used to seeing this type of quarterback play all right.

As long as he doesn't make ill-timed mistakes (or a lot of them, at least) and we can get some scores, I'll be a happy bunny.

We've already improved on last year's 4-12 showing with only 10 games played, so that's definitely a positive.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to the game later, could be a shootout

Advertisement