Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Well, good so far this team really sea o be coming together

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Oh No!!!! Shady looks like his hammie has gone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh No!!!! Shady looks like his hammie has gone :eek:

I know!!! Lets hope hes good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If McCoy is hurt at all keep him off the field for this game. We need him going forward. Brown can do a job today...

every week im shocked how well trent cole has transitioned to this 3-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Any word on Shady?

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Any word on Shady?

Back on the field for the second half.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Back on the field for the second half.

and in the Endzone :D

Considering how well the team looks and is playing, that cowboys game is even more annoying.

I like to think of that game as a learning curve. We were so bad that you can't help but take something from it. Since then we've been playing great football. If we can upgrade our pass rush and secondary we could have a real team on our hands. I'm convinced that we have the right coach thats for sure.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Considering how well the team looks and is playing, that cowboys game is even more annoying.

i think its helped this team some of the best teams have been born off of the back of bad losses

Thank F**k for that :D, the boy Boykin

Had me punching the cushion in frustration during that last drive. There were some AWFUL calls against us by officials today. But a win is a win. We'll take it! Top of the East baby!! :D

Also are we all sold on Nick? He was superb in the 1st half today. I don't put the 2nd on him either as he was just running the plays as called. I loved when he want back to Ertz after his drop and got the 1st.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Had me punching the cushion in frustration during that last drive. There were some AWFUL calls against us by officials today. But a win is a win. We'll take it! Top of the East baby!! :D

Also are we all sold on Nick? He was superb in the 1st half today. I don't put the 2nd on him either as he was just running the plays as called. I loved when he want back to Ertz after his drop and got the 1st.

not sold on him but quietly optimistic my biggest concern is that his most useful trait right now is that hes not throwing picks and we've seen that before in vick-2010 hes been a disaster with picks since so thats a tad worrying.
    im still not labeling him the franchise qb for the next 10 years but he means we have the option of not trading up for a qb in next years draft.

iv seen ertz drop quite a few balls this year but if he can sort that out he looks like a serious talent.

also delighted with our d would not in a million years have expected them to be playing this well and fletcher cox has been imo one of the top 3-4 linemen in the league this year (although obviously im very biased)

all in all this could be the beginnings of a very very good team and iv heard some people say we could be a dark horse in the playoffs this year should we get there although id like to see us put it together against a top team before id agree with that

wow i was a huge critic of andy rieds drafting over the last few years of his carrer but looking back at the 2012 draft (wich could have be howie to be fair) it has the potential to be incredible

1st rounder no 12-fletcher cox
    stud d lineman in 2 different systems now should be a perennial pro bowler

2nd round no 46 -mychal kendricks
    perhaps not as good as the other 2 highly rated mlbs in this draft but i think as his tackling improves(and it is) he will become a fantastic player. is already looking really good this year and fits this scheme/pace perfectly

2nd round no 59- vinny curry
    love this guy he was a hardcore eagles fan growing up and you can see it in how he plays. in my opinion one of the best pass rushers on our team he needs to work on the run a bit but im just waiting for him to break out

3rd round no 88- nick foles
    plenty has been said about him he could end up being a franchise guy he mite not but its looking like a very good pick at the moment

4th round no 123- brandon boykins
    again fantastic player really breaking out this year although i thought he played well last year looks like a starting cb and looks like he could be a no 1 cb only real downside is his height agains very very tall wrs but he can jump like nate robinson so that makes up for it to an extent.hes made bits of some possibly elite corners already this year

5th round no 153- dennis kelly
    probably the worst player il go over in this post but a 5th for a good backup tackle is well worth it particularly with jason peters in there. he needs to develop a bit but he could end up a very good starting tackle

7th round no 229- bryce brown
    i think he would be starting in quite a few teams in the league he just happens to be behind one of the best in the biz. seems to have sorted out his fumble issues from last year and his tendincy to bounce it outside every time. i think hes a serious player and a great pick up in the 7th.

so ya could end up the best draft in eagles history.

Nick foles has been named the starter for sunday and beyond. It'll be interesting to see if the last few weeks of play was the real nick foles or was it because he wasn't the stater, and had no pressure on him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I don't think it makes any difference TBH. I don't think anybody goes out there going well sure Im not the starter doesn't matter what happens. These guys are pros.

Its the right call though, outside of the Dallas game which he played hurt so I discount that hes looked excellent this season. Im really excited about his potential for the future.

On a separate note. This thread drives me mad. Can a MOD fix the spelling mistake in the title please !!!

D3PO wrote: »
    On a separate note. This thread drives me mad. Can a MOD fix the spelling mistake in the title please !!!

ya my bad god damned dsl!!xeia :D

with regards foles i dont think there was much doubt he was starter anyway barring a few disaster games and if he has them now the position can still be taken away from him so i dont think a lots changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Delighted to see Foles doing so well for you guys and realising his potential. I have really liked the kid from when I first saw him play in preseason 2012. If it was my decision, he's not only the starter but he's my franchise QB.

• Advertisement

what do ye think of matt barkley now i thought he'd get a season or two to learn and i was convinced he'd be a franchise qb. if foles pushes himself forward as the franchise guy could we get a high draft pick for him in a few years or are those days over

nerd69 wrote: »
    what do ye think of matt barkley now i thought he'd get a season or two to learn and i was convinced he'd be a franchise qb. if foles pushes himself forward as the franchise guy could we get a high draft pick for him in a few years or are those days over

there Is no way in high hell we could get a high draft pick for barklay. hes looked very poor when he got a chance this year furthermore he wasn't even drafted high.

hes still a rookie so may develop but hes not going to be of interest to anybody even for a 7th rounder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

Trade foles now while people think he is good. Same as kolb

difference is Foles looks like he could be the real deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

Still dont like him, but if he gives me a super bowl win he can stay...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I liked files in college and to be honest it's impossible to say too much against him at the moment! I like Barkley if he's given a year or two to develop and unless we can get someone special in the draft is keep both and look to draft on defence...unless we can get johnny football in the second!

Must win game later, its gonna be tough, and i think its a game we will see how good Foles really is against that defense, and our defense has gotta stop Larry Fitz and Floyd

Going to miss most of the game as I'll be on the train home from Dublin and my battery is low and the IR wifi is woeful. Leaving Dublin at five so might get the end. The game is on sky and blacked out on gamepass anyway.

Excellant start by the defense and then offense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Forced fumbled recovered and and Int on the first 2 drives

Can't ask much more of your defence to start the game :cool:

Advertisement