Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Must win game later, its gonna be tough, and i think its a game we will see how good Foles really is against that defense, and our defense has gotta stop Larry Fitz and Floyd

We could'nt and we should've

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cassius Easy Burglar

i remember reading a few years ago that we nearly got larry fitz for a 1st cards pulled out at the last second

We just gotta run the clock down, we were ahead by 10 and Foles was snapping it with 18secs to go.......run the clock down!!!!

We just gotta run the clock down, we were ahead by 10 and Foles was snapping it with 18secs to go.......run the clock down!!!!

i dont know if we can move the ball that well if we do that running the clock down is useless if you go 3 and out every time

it was a bit squeaky bum but its another win this teams looking good at the moment great to see zack erts scoring 2 i think hes going to be a huge player for us

• Advertisement

i dont know if we can move the ball that well if we do that running the clock down is useless if you go 3 and out every time

yeah but if we go 3 and out, maybe i'm wrong but i'd sooner go 3 and out wasting some clock in the 4th with a decent lead, as it is we didnt waste clock, went 3 and out, they got a TD and still had plenty of time to get back at us.

yeah but if we go 3 and out, maybe i'm wrong but i'd sooner go 3 and out wasting some clock in the 4th with a decent lead, as it is we didnt waste clock, went 3 and out, they got a TD and still had plenty of time to get back at us.

ya its something this team has to develop anyway you cant play all of every game going 150% speed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

ya its something this team has to develop anyway you cant play all of every game going 150% speed

Snapping the ball with around 15 seconds left on the clock while trying to run the clock out is probably the first thing they could look at.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Snapping the ball with around 15 seconds left on the clock while trying to run the clock out is probably the first thing they could look at.

i ment the ability to complete a drive in that scenario

I'm all for the hurry up offense but when we're leading say late in the 3rd, and 4th quarter, we dont need to hurry it, we've got the ball, take our time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

foles cant score in the 4th. I still think he is more lucky than good. But if he keeps winning games,let him off

Deadpool wrote: »
    foles cant score in the 4th. I still think he is more lucky than good. But if he keeps winning games,let him off

i think hes a very good facilitator hes not going to make a receiver great but if your a good receiver he wont stop you from playing well. at least at the moment he has the potential to be very very good. key will be as teams get more and more tape on him to see how he adapts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Finally got to watch the game last night. I knew the score and that we won. The D played some great stuff which is something I'm happy to say. Foles looked okay but was lucky to get away with a pick that bar a flag was one. The getting sacked five times is something that can't happen that often and hopefully won't. Shady is getting yards but not the yards he could for a player of his talent.

The whole scoring early and often is grand if you can hold a lead. The team seem to not be able to slow the tempo down without it affecting the tempo of the team. The team can't score late in the game, but they wouldn't need to as much if they could eat up the clock properly.

I think we should not try and slow down but score more in the 4th. Keep the tempo up if we are used to it and punch it in.

I think we should not try and slow down but score more in the 4th. Keep the tempo up if we are used to it and punch it in.

How much of a lead do you want, 10 point lead last week in the 4th and we kept the tempo up, didnt score, and gave the ball back which led to a TD for the cardinals.

I feel we are putting to much pressure on the defense, they could be on the field for a long drive, come off, our offense go 3 and out in the space of 3mins and they're back out again, we should take our time, make the plays count and run the clock when we've a good lead.

you can have 100 point lead but when you stop scoreing and they start you are in trouble. We didnt keep up the tempo in the 4th. we stood on the line and watched the clock run down and then snaped it. it looked messy, the players looked like they were bored and restless waiting..you cant run to the line all pumped up and then wait and wait..snap the ball and more important MOVE the ball.

you can have 100 point lead but when you stop scoreing and they start you are in trouble. We didnt keep up the tempo in the 4th. we stood on the line and watched the clock run down and then snaped it. it looked messy, the players looked like they were bored and restless waiting..you cant run to the line all pumped up and then wait and wait..snap the ball and more important MOVE the ball.

Were you watching the same game as me, cos we were snapping it with 18-20secs left on the clock, moving the ball nowhere and certainly not scoring, and when that happens, it gives the opposition nearly a minute extra on offense, if thats the way we want to play in the 4th quarter with a 10 point lead, i dont hold out much hope for us winning to much

That was my whole point.. We cant score in the 4th quarter.
    That was happening in the 3th as well but I was talking about when we were trying to use up clock and didnt move the ball.
    If we sit back off the lions and worry more about using up clock then scoring they will tear us up.
    I think our D is really stepping up and coming together but can we out score them.

That was my whole point.. We cant score in the 4th quarter.
    That was happening in the 3th as well but I was talking about when we were trying to use up clock and didnt move the ball.
    If we sit back off the lions and worry more about using up clock then scoring they will tear us up.
    I think our D is really stepping up and coming together but can we out score them.

and My point is even if we are going nowhere, at least we are using up the clock in the 4th quarter and leaving their offense on the sidelines.

I would hope if we are in a similar position as last week in the 4th tomorrow, we do take our time, make the plays count and leave Megatron, and Bush on the sidelines

Ok I see your point and think its right. I do think we need to be better at using up clock but if you trained to get the snaps off quick and then you just dont it messes with the mentally.
    My point is I dont think Foles is the right man in the 4th. Maybe he is just not ready yet and he will develop into a great QB but I just dont belive it.

• Advertisement

Ok I see your point and think its right. I do think we need to be better at using up clock but if you trained to get the snaps off quick and then you just dont it messes with the mentally.
    My point is I dont think Foles is the right man in the 4th. Maybe he is just not ready yet and he will develop into a great QB but I just dont belive it.

I admit i was very sceptical of Foles at 1st (probably because im a Vick fan i suppose) but he's been excellant so far and i think we should stick with him and give him time.........until he throws his 1st interception ;)

Not a bad looking day in Philly :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lesean McCoy having one hell of a quarter! Eagles offense look great!

I would hope if we are in a similar position as last week in the 4th tomorrow, we do take our time, make the plays count and leave Megatron, and Bush on the sidelines

simple really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Amazing game of football. Awesome adjustments from the guys. Bit of luck at times but thats ok. One or two awful calls by the officials went in our favour.

really fun game to watch. im glad they didnt postpone it as i think football should be an all weather sport. having said that im shocked that the lions where allowed play in there white jerseys its very harsh on foles that his td streak was ended today.

not a lot can be taken from today fun game though im glad we won and have some serious momentum coming into the buisness end of the season. having said that i cant see us as a dark horse for the sb as some people are saying as i dont think we can keep up with a seattle/denver, but maby im just being a steriotypical philly fan :D

9ers beating the hawks is huge one of us or the boys could have sneaked a wildcard spot there, looks like its a straight race for the division now could be an epic week 16.

im pretty confident we could beat the boys at the moment

Peterson and gerhart out tonight the vikes o will struggle

Peterson and gerhart out tonight the vikes o will struggle

Yeah far frrom tempting faith here, but we should win this now.....should'nt we :)

• Advertisement

Yeah far frrom tempting faith here, but we should win this now.....should'nt we :)

Shhhhhh don't say it :D

Advertisement