Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm breaking out the eagles jersey that fits me.

:D ya i have a vick one on il have to invest in a new one my dawk one got ripped and i dont think i will ever wear my t.o. one again:mad:

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    **** game with an Eagles win by 40 will be fine!!!

amen

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    **** game with an Eagles win by 40 will be fine!!!

The eagles can use an IMF bailout as long as they won.

nerd69 wrote: »
    :D ya i have a vick one on il have to invest in a new one my dawk one got ripped and i dont think i will ever wear my t.o. one again:mad:

The one that fits me is a Asante one no 22. It's the home one though. I need to buy a new one or two

The one that fits me is a Asante one no 22. It's the home one though. I need to buy a new one or two

i still like asante you could do worse than that but everyones gota have a white/dawk/cunningham jersey somewhere at this stage they will not bite you in the ass ala t.o.

• Advertisement

gota go for the horrific yellow and blue jersey we wore a few years ago :D

gota go for the horrific yellow and blue jersey we wore a few years ago :D

You have one ? They battered the rams in week two one year with that one on didn't they ?

You have one ? They battered the rams in week two one year with that one on didn't they ?

no good god no that yoke was horrible. but we did hammer whoever we played cant remember if it was the rams so it could be like one of those bud adds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Been up since 6am because my sleeping pattern is ****ed because of Xmas. As long as we win this one I don't care though.

Fly Eagles Fly

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Been up since 6am because my sleeping pattern is ****ed because of Xmas. As long as we win this one I don't care though.

Fly Eagles Fly

warrior good on ya for pulling the long one mate

• Advertisement

It sounded good last night to hear Philadelphia Eagles NFC champions and this morning it's still good. In chip we trust i think lads ? Now, it might be the hangover talking but listen you can't win the raffle if you aren't in the draw.

Also a saturday night game is great as no being shattered in work.

BctSsUFIYAAdRmb.jpg

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It sounded good last night to hear Philadelphia Eagles NFC champions and this morning it's still good.

A little way to go yet ;)

davyjose wrote: »
    A little way to go yet ;)

I'm tired and emotional. It being christmas it's a very spiritual time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A question for ye Eagles fans on Juan Castillo

From what little I know he was a highly rated offensive line coach for years and years. The year at DC didn't work out but he could still get job offers

Long time Eagle coach Harbaugh brought him to Baltimore with the title "run game coordinator" and a juicy salary of 1.5 million per year. The title is a bit of an invention, they didn't want to strip the existing O line coach of his title.

Ravens who were always known for a strong run game become a league laughing stock and finish bottom five :o

Is Castillo rated by Eagles fans? As every Raven forum is calling for his head right now.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A question for ye Eagles fans on Juan Castillo

From what little I know he was a highly rated offensive line coach for years and years. The year at DC didn't work out but he could still get job offers

Long time Eagle coach Harbaugh brought him to Baltimore with the title "run game coordinator" and a juicy salary of 1.5 million per year. The title is a bit of an invention, they didn't want to strip the existing O line coach of his title.

Ravens who were always known for a strong run game become a league laughing stock and finish bottom five :o

Is Castillo rated by Eagles fans? As every Raven forum is calling for his head right now.

We always had a pretty average o-line under him he didn't get a fair whack as a d-coordinator but he's an average line coach as far as I'm concerned

Actually it's strange that he got the title run game coordinator because we didn't run with him as coordinator we had probably the most pass orientated o in history. Westbrook was our main back and he was a Darren sproles type and correl buckhalter our main between the tackles back for years never had much success.

so anyone got any guesses on fa signings/ who we will take in the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Xfire Elect

The most obvious needs are in that secondary, particularly safety as the corners weren't horrendous all year. If we don't pick up a big name (and big money of course) safety like Jairus Byrd or TJ Ward (reasonable shout) we have to pick a safety in the first. The two big names are Calvin Pryor and Haha Clinton Dix. I know a bit about HaHa, think he was suspended for a bit last year. Not gonna pretend I know anything about Pryor other than he hits hard, but they'll both be working out today so I'll check that out

The most obvious needs are in that secondary, particularly safety as the corners weren't horrendous all year. If we don't pick up a big name (and big money of course) safety like Jairus Byrd or TJ Ward (reasonable shout) we have to pick a safety in the first. The two big names are Calvin Pryor and Haha Clinton Dix. I know a bit about HaHa, think he was suspended for a bit last year. Not gonna pretend I know anything about Pryor other than he hits hard, but they'll both be working out today so I'll check that out

hahas probably the better prospect but the philly fans like in the box safteys that hit hard (guess who im talking about)

i dont think well necessarily take a safety in the first i think it will be the best available pass rusher,saftey, corner back or wide reciever if we don't sign maclin or cooper to a long term deal (if its only a one year deal we take a reciever in the top 3 rounds imo) with our ideal pick being a pass rusher

cant see us spending the money byrd will want on him so unless we get ward for a good price (dont think we will) i think we will end up gettin a malcom jenkins type that can fill in and do a decent job for now

id be shocked if we dont take at least 2 defensive backs with our picks personally id love kyle fuller in the second and i think he could play saftey or cb

• Advertisement

Eagles sign Riley copper to a five year deal and Jason kelce to a seven year deal.

Eagles sign Riley copper to a five year deal and Jason kelce to a seven year deal.

and jason peters to a 5 year

kelce in particular is a great resigning nice to see us looking after our guys

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irisheagle14

Long time viewer here so finally decided to Sign up! What are the thoughts on free agency so far? Like a lot of the players we picked up but surprised with Jackson being released. He will be a big loss after a great season last year.

Long time viewer here so finally decided to Sign up! What are the thoughts on free agency so far? Like a lot of the players we picked up but surprised with Jackson being released. He will be a big loss after a great season last year.

Apparently chip is infatuated with Brandon cooks so that could be deseans replacement very similar player.

Love the sproles move he's another matchup nightmare and I think our best improvement this offseason will be getting ertz an offseason under his belt I think he will be a top 5 tight end this year. Offensively I think we've still improved despite the loss of Jacksony only concern is teams have a season and a half of tape on nick foles to watch

In the draft I can see us taking a receiver in round 2,3 or 4 and going all in on defence other than that.

Biggest concern with the roster for me at the mo is our huge cap number due to players in 2015 and the amount of key players we will need to resign then.

Also welcome always nice to get another eagles fan on here :D

feeling a bit better about that pick now the guy seems to have a lot of upside. would have liked to get a day one starter though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Maybe its panic and I hate to say it but im beginning to not look forward to this season, i think not replacing Jackson is gonna haunt us, i felt he took so much attention away from Cooper last season that allowed him to have the season he had and now that he will be a Main go to guy, i can just see him struggling which in turns puts pressure on Maclin who'll need time with a dodgy knee, Benn and Johnson might have a busier season then anticipated

Maybe its panic and I hate to say it but im beginning to not look forward to this season, i think not replacing Jackson is gonna haunt us, i felt he took so much attention away from Cooper last season that allowed him to have the season he had and now that he will be a Main go to guy, i can just see him struggling which in turns puts pressure on Maclin who'll need time with a dodgy knee.

i think our offense will produce, jacksons a big loss no doubt but i still think we have better pieces that a lot of the league.

the biggest issue is our defense as i said smith has high upside but we need starters now (not that i think we should draft for now alone l never forget the watkins pick :mad: ) if were going to do something next year. i like jenkins but would have loved haha falling one more pick to us to play across from him.

i still think brown and graham are on the block for us graham could be gotten for a 3rd rounder id imagine and brown for a 4th-5th so we could still add a few picks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

i think our offense will produce, jacksons a big loss no doubt but i still think we have better pieces that a lot of the league.

I hope your right mate, i just have a vision of Foles getting blitzed alot cos Cooper and Maclin cant get free.

• Advertisement

I hope your right mate, i just have a vision of Foles getting blitzed alot cos Cooper and Maclin cant get free.

even if they dont i would imagine one of celek/ertz or sproles/mccoy would be though my main concern with jackson leaving is less guys getting open and more teams being abel to bring there safteys up into the box and stop our run game/bring an extra blitzer

Advertisement