Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Here's TIMMY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Tebow 2-2, He's already better then sanchez ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

fumble

Well rock I believe in Tim.

Tim playing well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah hes doing well

way over thrown there

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Need Parkey to be nailng those kicks. Hope he picks it up

way over thrown there

Ah Heli, give him a chance, he hasnt played in a couple of years, im surprised he went 4-4

Ah Heli, give him a chance, he hasnt played in a couple of years, im surprised he went 4-4

he had done well there, but it was a big big over throw

• Advertisement

Tebowmania is running wild 😀

Well I enjoyed that of a Sunday evening. Tebow even scored which was good. I mean it's one of Barkley and tebow to make the team and lads its 50/50 after one game. Be interesting to see tebow with the 2s next week.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed that of a Sunday evening. Tebow even scored which was good

Crowd seemed to be well up for his TD to, i hope he plays well again next week, and he and barkley put more pressure on sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Wow....

I did not expect this. You don't want to overreact to a half but we look so poor. The play calling is the biggest issue for me. Away from home, new qb and you give the ball to your star rb 4 times... how does that make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cassius Easy Burglar

106218-lie-down-try-not-to-cry-meme-I-2pgU.jpeg

any positives lads?

Chip has managed to turn into brendan rodgers, he's managed to turn what was once an exciting and very effective offense full of brilliant players to a boring and ineffective offense with decent playerrs while ignoring the real problem along the way, Defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Chip has managed to turn into brendan rodgers, he's managed to turn what was once an exciting and very effective offense full of brilliant players to a boring and ineffective offense with decent playerrs while ignoring the real problem along the way, Defence

I'm not an eagles fan, so likely haven't seen as many games as you folks here, but that was one of the worst performances I've ever seen and at home in a big divisional game no less.

It really was a mess - I've actually never seen a team have so many 3 and outs, fail to move the ball, fail to use any clock to rest their D, all the while failing to adjust and stubbornly sticking to what clearly was not working. It was amazing that it was as close as it was in all honestly. Kelly blew up a team that was filled with talent - for this? If I was a fan I'd be very frustrated right now. Time for a major rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

while ignoring the real problem along the way, Defence

You think defence is a problem? I thought things could have been a whole lot worse had the D not limited the Cowboys to just 2TDs and 2FGs, which was a fairly paltry return on the massive amount of possession they had. Although that could be just a reflection of how underwhelming the Cowboys were too.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

You think defence is a problem? I thought things could have been a whole lot worse had the D not limited the Cowboys to just 2TDs and 2FGs, which was a fairly paltry return on the massive amount of possession they had. Although that could be just a reflection of how underwhelming the Cowboys were too.

One of the TD's was a blocked punt return so the defence only conceding one touchdown while being on the pitch most of the game was almost miraculous. For that TD Maxwell was so far away from Williams he looked disinterested.
    They also forced turnovers which the offence immediately wasted.
    Defence was the only highlight of sorts.

the defence has been borderline the best in the nfl to play to that standard with the amount of time they've had to stay on the pitch has been unreal
    poldebruin wrote: »
    I'm not an eagles fan, so likely haven't seen as many games as you folks here, but that was one of the worst performances I've ever seen and at home in a big divisional game no less.

It really was a mess - I've actually never seen a team have so many 3 and outs, fail to move the ball, fail to use any clock to rest their D, all the while failing to adjust and stubbornly sticking to what clearly was not working. It was amazing that it was as close as it was in all honestly. Kelly blew up a team that was filled with talent - for this? If I was a fan I'd be very frustrated right now. Time for a major rethink.

in fairness the weekends performance was by far the worst of his tenure. in fact i think it may have been the worst iv ever seen in the 15 years or so iv been following the eagles there have been a few really bad ones i remember mcnabbs last playoff game agains the cowboys being particularly bad but i have never felt as bad after a game as i did at the weekend that game hurt me more than the Super Bowl loss.

the issue seems to be that the scheme itself is very simple its mostly crossing routes,flats and screens with the very occasional long ball to keep the defence honest with the speed we play that normally gets the defence tangled up a bit and particularly towards the end of games they tend to fold.

the problem is the bread and butter of the team has been the run game before last year there was an incredible o-line and we ran the ball behind jason peters and evan mathis a lot with the occasional jason kelce pull to the outside (something he is absolutely insane at doing iv seen him snap the ball pull and catch up with a receiver) last year the line fell apart and lesean stopped cutting upfield instead trying to bounce it outside every single time, for me this was the reason that the run game had a few issues last year and i blamed lessen for that (iv said for a while that i thought chip was stick with lesean and wanted an arian foster type back). however this year we still seem to be bouncing it way outside so I'm starting to think its chips scheme guys like demarco and matthews are wasted running across the field like that. the outside runs combined with what was an absolutely pathetic display by the o-line meant that the running game couldn't do anything and i don't think this offence can work without the threat of the run game.

all in all i agree with you the performance was poor I'm hoping chip can right the ship and we can improve the rest of the year but that offence didn't show anything that looked like it could be improved last weekend that along with the bloody jets defence coming up make me fear next weekend could end up worse.

• Advertisement

eagles receivers have a drop rate of an incredible 9.1% this year that is the worst of any team since 2007 ......and I'm not surprised at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

eagles receivers have a drop rate of an incredible 9.1% this year that is the worst of any team since 2007 ......and I'm not surprised at all :(
    The only positive thing is that the NFC East is turning into an absolute dog-fight, no-one seems to want to win it for some reason.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    The only positive thing is that the NFC East is turning into an absolute dog-fight, no-one seems to want to win it for some reason.

cowboys will be by far the best team in the east when they get healthy

well thats the cowboys out looks like ourselves or the giants for the east we looked a lot better on offense last night but i think a lot of it coincided with sean lee going off it could have been more the cowboys d than our o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Thought he'd be given another year but with the Bradford contract undecided it was a tough sell cos we'll be saddled with that contract for the next three years. I still think that Kelly can succeed as an nfl coach but he needs to cede player control to a GM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

So I wonder where the Eagles go from here? What a complete mess of a season, they gave Chip all the power, completely overhauled the roster and ultimately failed. Will be interesting to see who the next coach is and who our QB will be next season.

its a shame they let him get rid of talent like Maclin, Shady, DJax, Foles, etc etc before they got rid of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Looser of Eagles Giants today is playing the Rams in London next year.

As much as it pains me, hoping for a loss today

Advertisement