Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    :D this is f*cking AMAZING!!! Literally beaming watching it. a perfect 3 quarters. This is possibly the best offense in the league and we're manhandling them.
    Also probably the best rush defense in the league and we have rushed 8 times for 10+ yards, amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

:D this is f*cking AMAZING!!! Literally beaming watching it. a perfect 3 quarters. This is possibly the best offense in the league and we're manhandling them.

Bell is a big loss but how mature wentz is looking alone is incredible I'm ecstatic with this season so far really has been incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

nerd69 wrote: »
    Bell is a big loss but how mature wentz is looking alone is incredible I'm ecstatic with this season so far really has been incredible

Bell is but they've the best backup rb in the league (would be the no1 on tons of teams) and we bottled them up.

That is how you do it!! Beating the steelers by 31 points... thats unreal.

Bell is but they've the best backup rb in the league (would be the no1 on tons of teams) and we bottled them up.

That is how you do it!! Beating the steelers by 31 points... thats unreal.

I had full confidence in the front 7 and safety's but our corners have been a question I though brown would obliterate them but Jesus they did a good job today. This team will be very tough for anyone to run on theve been destroying that Cowboys o-line so they can probably take any line in the league

I had full confidence in the front 7 and safety's but our corners have been a question I though brown would obliterate them but Jesus they did a good job today. This team will be very tough for anyone to run on theve been destroying that Cowboys o-line so they can probably take any line in the league

We had all these players that suit a 4-3 and Chip changed it to 2gap 3-4... literally made no sense. Of everything he did that one was the most mental.

• Advertisement

We had all these players that suit a 4-3 and Chip changed it to 2gap 3-4... literally made no sense. Of everything he did that one was the most mental.

But they still managed to play very very very well even in a 3-4 cox is a monster he is scheme proof but the likes of Logan, curry and graham are very much 4-3 players

But they still managed to play very very very well even in a 3-4 cox is a monster he is scheme proof but the likes of Logan, curry and graham are very much 4-3 players

Brandon Graham looks like a 15 sack guy out there... so impressive. The depth we have on dline helps too tho. We have fresh guys going against tired o-lines in the 2nd half.

How impressive is the play calling from Doug tho.

Brandon Graham looks like a 15 sack guy out there... so impressive. The depth we have on dline helps too tho. We have fresh guys going against tired o-lines in the 2nd half.

How impressive is the play calling from Doug tho.

Man Doug seemed like a meh signing at the time but he's been incredible and he seems to have done an incredible job with his coaching staff I'm not going to get carried away but there seems to be a serious foundation for this franchise to build off right now

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Into our bye week now with Lions and Redskins to follow up.
    Based on how them two are playing we should be able to beat em I think.
    Redskins hung on hard against Giants and I think they will be tougher of the 2 ahead.
    After them its the Vikings who are playing well too.
    Keep Wentz fit and let him fly!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Also probably the best rush defense in the league and we have rushed 8 times for 10+ yards, amazing.

First time in over 300 games Steelers fell over 30 points behind. It's the destruction of the rush defense and the domination of the usually very strong Steelers Offensive Line - especially DeCastro, who had probably one of his worst games he will have in his career - was both comprehensive and worrying (from the Steelers perspective)

The passing yards and missed tackles and poor secondary is more expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

Man Doug seemed like a meh signing at the time but he's been incredible and he seems to have done an incredible job with his coaching staff I'm not going to get carried away but there seems to be a serious foundation for this franchise to build off right now

It does look like a really good foundation with most of the roster here until the end of 2018 season. Bennie Logan obviously is the main one that needs to be resigned but we have a lot of money already allocated to the Dline. Wentz rookie scale contract will help that though.

At the skill positions we could improve but Smallwood looks like he could be something and hopefully DGB steps up. Only O Line and cornerback are the big concerns. Peters and Kelce likely to be gone in the next year or two and need to be replaced. But lot of $ going with them too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

How has DGB been doing for you lads?

How has DGB been doing for you lads?

Up and down. The odd drop but he's getting great reviews from a training perspective and he's different kind of weapon than anything else we have. Not sure he has the agility to be an elite wr but as a deep threat and huge redzone target he could be a really important role player.

We handed them that game. Odd loss in that it doesn't really hurt. It made me think we're actually a really good team. To have those kind of penalty numbers and still only just lose the game is a good sign. Agholor is so bad tho... so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

The penalties in the end made a big difference. But the team did play well and responded great to going down 14 points very quickly. Roll on next Sunday

Shocking all over the field today. This isn't a good redskins team but we're making Cousins look like Brady. Our lack of depth on the roster being shown. Despite the numbers Wentz hasn't actually been that bad. A few poor throws but he's had some good ones that haven't come to anything, the ridic block in the back call on Smallwood for example.

Will be good to get back to Philly and hopefully get a nice homer officiating crew there for a change... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Anyone been to the Linc before? Any game day tips?

Going to be making my way over for next weekend vs the Vikings.

Ertz, what are you doing? Perfect throw and you miss it, would have been able to walk into the endzone and all of a sudden the pressure is on Redskins. Fcuk sake.

The D just didn't show up today. Lost in every single aspect. The offense wasn't great either. Shocked they were able to run the ball like that on us. Really poor game by our linebackers. The problem with the wide 9 is that you get games like this. I'm still thrilled Jimmy is our DC but we're gonna have to accept there will be games like this.

The D just didn't show up today. Lost in every single aspect. The offense wasn't great either. Shocked they were able to run the ball like that on us. Really poor game by our linebackers. The problem with the wide 9 is that you get games like this. I'm still thrilled Jimmy is our DC but we're gonna have to accept there will be games like this.
    The problem is that this isn't the game where we should be having a game like this. The division is doing well this year, Redskins are 4-2, Cowboys could go 5-1. We need to get back on the board and not be doing bad in divisional games.

• Advertisement

The problem is that this isn't the game where we should be having a game like this. The division is doing well this year, Redskins are 4-2, Cowboys could go 5-1. We need to get back on the board and not be doing bad in divisional games.

We do but its away from home and we were undisciplined again tho at the same time we've had a scary amount of bogus calls the last two weeks. The call on smallwood for a block in the back was a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We do but its away from home and we were undisciplined again tho at the same time we've had a scary amount of bogus calls the last two weeks. The call on smallwood for a block in the back was a killer.

I thought the call on cox was a bad call near the end of the 2nd

Hococop wrote: »
    I thought the call on cox was a bad call near the end of the 2nd
    Don't think it was late but it was helmet on helmet which is a personal fould, Cox should have done better.

Don't think it was late but it was helmet on helmet which is a personal fould, Cox should have done better.

Oh fair enough if it was helmet to helmet, I thought they called a late tackle which annoyed me big time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Anyone been to the Linc before? Any game day tips?

Going to be making my way over for next weekend vs the Vikings.

400372.jpg

Managed to get my seats at the end of the stadium where all the interceptions and whatnot happened in Q1, Eagles fans love booing Sam Bradford, Vikings fans are cool, very nice stadium overall albeit with your typical NFL nonsense of $11 for a bud light

Much needed win, but Cowboys in the clutch were so good today. Need so much to go our way and the next 3 games are tough. Think we will finish 9-7 and be well off the play-offs.

Much needed win, but Cowboys in the clutch were so good today. Need so much to go our way and the next 3 games are tough. Think we will finish 9-7 and be well off the play-offs.

At least redskins beat the Vikings, every loss is a better draft pick

Eagles are now the only team
    In the league that has scored 20 every game. Just imagine if they had any receivers

The lack of anything at WR really catching up to us today. The injuries didn't help either but we're being outclassed by a better team. We'll still post a decent end of season record with all the home games to come but we're a developing team and Seattle are the real deal.

• Advertisement

Id say we could see Agholor cut before the season finishes

Advertisement