Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Hococop wrote: »
    Id say we could see Agholor cut before the season finishes

There's a huge cap hit if we do so they won't cut him. Deactivate him please. No way Turner is worse...

the worry is that the lack of talent will have an adverse impact on Wentz development.

My heart actually goes out to agholor this morning. He's clearly suffering really badly right now. Obv it still sucks that he's a complete liability right now but you'd worry about his mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    My heart actually goes out to agholor this morning. He's clearly suffering really badly right now. Obv it still sucks that he's a complete liability right now but you'd worry about his mental health.

Has he said anything or is it over the amount of abuse online he is getting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Schefter reporting that the Eagles will try bring DJax back in the off season, personally i like this, the team needs a top WR 1st and 2nd to take the pressure of Matthews, now if we could just try and get shady back to............

Schefter reporting that the Eagles will try bring DJax back in the off season, personally i like this, the team needs a top WR 1st and 2nd to take the pressure of Matthews, now if we could just try and get shady back to............

Ha I've both of their numbers on my jerseys, their issue is with chip more than the team, would like shady more than desean mainly over age as well as the cap space it would cost for the 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

djax does not stay healthy that was always the issue but he would be massive 1. because he has two hands and 2. he was always great for keeping the safeties honest so he could do wonders for the run game.

i guess the biggest thing it will come down to is cost we dont have cap space and i wouldn't necessarily trust him with a huge contract

edit:actually **** that I have no interest in him any more he's a 30 y/o smaller receiver not sure he's gona be worth it

this could be a good team if we had an entirely different group of cbs and wrs i think we are at least decent everywhere else

Awful

**** this looks like the bengals are playing a college team (and not Alabama western Kentucky or some ****)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well where does the team go from here ?

Carson wentz looked every bit the rookie he is yesterday.
    The WR aren't up to much to say the least.
    The RB do have something but Darren sproles ain't getting any younger.
    The O line is makeshift and it showed.

The Defense and the Secondary were very poor yesterday.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well where does the team go from here ?

Carson wentz looked every bit the rookie he is yesterday.
    The WR aren't up to much to say the least.
    The RB do have something but Darren sproles ain't getting any younger.
    The O line is makeshift and it showed.

The Defense and the Secondary were very poor yesterday.

We're a poor enough team but we need to keep things in perspective. There is some talent on the roster. I still believe in the d-line tho I think Barwin is done. The safetys are awesome still and Hicks is a stud. On offense our 1st choice oline is good but we're on fumes atm. Johnson is a huge miss.

Wentz is a rookie with no talent around him. That he hasn't looked like Goff is a miracle. He's going to be a stud.

We might not win another game but i remain convinced that we're on a decent path. Tho i wouldn't commit to how long Pederson will be the guy in the hot seat. I'd love to see a rejuvenated Sean Payton with Wentz at his disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Well thats the season over. Wentz looks the real deal. Just need to build a team around him. Need another receiver and another running back. On the defense, our safeties are awful. Next to no interceptions.

Well thats the season over. Wentz looks the real deal. Just need to build a team around him. Need another receiver and another running back. On the defense, our safeties are awful. Next to no interceptions.

We have one of the best safety duos In the league Jenkins and mccloud are monsters our corners are terrible though luckily there is some really good depth in this draft at corner and rb for that matter I wouldn't mind seeing cb in round 1 and 2 and a rb in 3

nerd69 wrote: »
    We have one of the best safety duos In the league Jenkins and mccloud are monsters our corners are terrible though luckily there is some really good depth in this draft at corner and rb for that matter I wouldn't mind seeing cb in round 1 and 2 and a rb in 3

I wouldn't draft any defensive players. At least not early. We can get by with our d if we can get back to generating a good rush. We need to do as much as possible to help wentz. You can't build a team which is awesome everywhere so the need to focus on an area is important. Oline or wr in Rd 1 and as many more offensive weapons as possible unless the bpa is clearly a defensive player.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

its conceding that is killing us I think. Wentz is looking good but we do need another receiver. The Defense needs a big improvement. Even comparing it in our division we need to re enforce it

Shady tearing it up, god I hate chip Kelly so much

Shady tearing it up, god I hate chip Kelly so much

Yup.. add Maclin, Shady and Desaun to this team and its a very different prospect. Tho we prob wouldn't have been in a position to draft Wentz then. It may work out for the best.

The call to go for two at the end would have been called inspired if it had come off. I mean take the PAT and tie the game up and go to overtime.

The call to go for two at the end would have been called inspired if it had come off. I mean take the PAT and tie the game up and go to overtime.

Personally I thought it was the right call, couldn't see us winning ot, we are not in playoff contention and had a good record for 2 pt conversion's so why not take the gamble

Give wentz experience of that situation and if he misses you get better draft position

• Advertisement

Give wentz experience of that situation and if he misses you get better draft position

Correction the browns get a better pick, at least the Vikings lost

Correction the browns get a better pick, at least the Vikings lost

There is more than one round in the draft

Christ it's a bad state of affairs when you're talking about draft position with two weeks left in the regular season.

Christ it's a bad state of affairs when you're talking about draft position with two weeks left in the regular season.

its been painfully common the last 10 or so years unfortunately

I know there is a separate thread but just wondering a good site to get an eagles jersey, i have 2 (shady and de sean i know how to pick them ha) but even tough they are small are still massive( i know they are meant to be like that to wear over a hoodie)and have some trouble getting the right size

I know there is a separate thread but just wondering a good site to get an eagles jersey, i have 2 (shady and de sean i know how to pick them ha) but even tough they are small are still massive( i know they are meant to be like that to wear over a hoodie)and have some trouble getting the right size

In only ever gotten them when visiting the U.S. You could try China but there sizes tent to be to small. I think if you go to nfl.com or maby Amazon they have sizes and measurements do that may help you

In only ever gotten them when visiting the U.S. You could try China but there sizes tent to be to small. I think if you go to nfl.com or maby Amazon they have sizes and measurements do that may help you

Yeah I got one off Ali before in small (stitched jersey)and it was very big, I know it normally meant to be worn over a hoodie but I prefer a fit like a soccer jersey ( I wear a medium)

Sizing is always my biggest issue

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Bandage

I didn't get to see too much of the Eagles this season for one reason or another but is there cause for optimism?

Wentz *seems* to be very capable with the potential to become excellent. However, the WR unit needs to be overhauled / augmented to help him out.

The defence seems okay but could obviously be strengthened in several areas.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by Pederson's coaching and play calling performance but he'll certainly be back for a second year.

What positions do you see the Eagles targeting in free agency?

Bandage wrote: »
    I didn't get to see too much of the Eagles this season for one reason or another but is there cause for optimism?

Wentz *seems* to be very capable with the potential to become excellent. However, the WR unit needs to be overhauled / augmented to help him out.

The defence seems okay but could obviously be strengthened in several areas.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by Pederson's coaching and play calling performance but he'll certainly be back for a second year.

What positions do you see the Eagles targeting in free agency?

Went 7-9 on what was meant to be a rebuild season, 6 of the 9 losses were by one TD or less so not big losses granted some could have been more, we can be a bit optimistic

Id like to get ol and cb in the draft and go for an already good wr in the free agency (de sean hopefully)

I see sproles will retire after next season so maybe draft a rb

Basically build a big offence to help wentz as much as possible

• Advertisement

Jeffrey and Smith... very happy with that. Much happier to spend on Wr's in FA and draft in the cbs to develop. Tho i wouldn't be shocked if we spend our 1st on a pass rusher and grab a cb in the 2nd. Part of me would be intrigued to see what adding a guy like Dalvin Cook to the mix at rb would have on our O. That could potentially take us to the next level. Tho i'd also love a trade back and grab McCaffrey.

Warmack is a guy i loved coming out of college but hasn't come close to putting it together. Still its one of those shot to nothing moves that good teams make.

All in all we've improved our team immensely on paper and done so without overpaying for anyway. Again thats how good teams use free agency. We'll have no problem paying Alshon if he earns it either.

Eagles fan going to bed happy. :D

Advertisement