Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

On the Wentz Int, it was a clear miscommunication. Hollins (who i love) didn't complete the route. Wentz threw it to where he should have been going. They're the Ints that good qbs throw at times. Almost every Rodgers Int is like that.

Wentz was ok yesterday, he looked like a good 2nd year qb as opposed to a franchise level guy like he had the last few. It can be hard to get up for these games tho. He'll know that he needs to be better vs Denver. I'd have liked to have seen Smallwood in there a little more. He's our best rb at picking up blitzes and they were running a ton of delayed blitzes. They also were just flying off the snap when we let it run to 1. As soon as we started snapping it earlier the line improved. Peters will be a big loss but i'm comfortable with Big V. He only had the one bad play from what I saw but will have to wait for the all22 breakdowns to be sure. The niners have big strong guys on their line and our oline is built more on athleticism so often struggles against big bodied lines.

7-1 and looking the real deal. Very happy.

Would rather we didn't make a trade unless its giving up very little for some depth. If we do go big on a deal then i'd like it to be Glenn. He's got a good 5 years left in him but i'd be wary of giving up a 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So we got a very good rusher for one of our 3 4th round picks, that's pretty damn awesome! Ajayi has looked good when the weak Dolphins O-line has made some space for him, something the Eagles have been shown to be able to do. A fantastic option and we don't have to just rely on Blount now, which is going to add even more variety to our attack.

Secondly, Elliott is most likely going to be suspended for our game. While I am personally disappointed, as it would have been a fantastic test for our D, it just makes the Cowboys task so much harder now. Looking at their schedule, they most likely needed to sweep us to give themselves a chance of winning the division but that looks highly unlikely now.

Broncos looked so bad last night. Scoreline does not reflect how much better the Chiefs were and we are on par, if not now better, than Kansas. The only thing that kept Denver in it was their D so if the Eagles can find weaknesses in it, they won't have a chance. Add in a hostile Philly crowd roaring on the soaring birds, and it's looking like 8-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So we got a very good rusher for one of our 3 4th round picks, that's pretty damn awesome! Ajayi has looked good when the weak Dolphins O-line has made some space for him, something the Eagles have been shown to be able to do. A fantastic option and we don't have to just rely on Blount now, which is going to add even more variety to our attack.

Secondly, Elliott is most likely going to be suspended for our game. While I am personally disappointed, as it would have been a fantastic test for our D, it just makes the Cowboys task so much harder now. Looking at their schedule, they most likely needed to sweep us to give themselves a chance of winning the division but that looks highly unlikely now.

Broncos looked so bad last night. Scoreline does not reflect how much better the Chiefs were and we are on par, if not now better, than Kansas. The only thing that kept Denver in it was their D so if the Eagles can find weaknesses in it, they won't have a chance. Add in a hostile Philly crowd roaring on the soaring birds, and it's looking like 8-1.

Can't believe that deal, all the other teams fans are freaking out over how good a deal we got, now an offensive tackle to replace pieters and we are in a healthy position, you would assume that's sproles done with us such a shame the way his career ended with us

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Great deal for Ajayi, cowboys will be sweating big time now without Elliott. But we still need a replacement for Peters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Dolphins fans are losing their minds on social media over that trade. Can’t see the upside for them in this deal, very strange move. Must be something we don’t know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm not a big fan of the trade for Ajayi being honest. I mean he's hardly Barry Sanders and he's been over hyped by the British NFL media.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the trade for Ajayi being honest. I mean he's hardly Barry Sanders and he's been over hyped by the British NFL media.

I get the over hype as he is British but that could also mean the NFL trying to get the eagles over for a game which I would love

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I think Howie Rosemans statement makes its pretty clear he's just going to be another cog in the wheel. As any player should be to be honest. Lets not get to excited about anything.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I think Howie Rosemans statement makes its pretty clear he's just going to be another cog in the wheel. As any player should be to be honest. Lets not get to excited about anything.

Good man Howie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cassius Easy Burglar

mickeyk wrote: »
    Dolphins fans are losing their minds on social media over that trade. Can’t see the upside for them in this deal, very strange move. Must be something we don’t know.

Was a locker room nightmare in Miami by the sounds of it

• Advertisement

Was a locker room nightmare in Miami by the sounds of it

Then why are the Eagles bringing him into their locker room which is clearly in a good way ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Then why are the Eagles bringing him into their locker room which is clearly in a good way ?

Because everyone in the Miami locker room was an issue. They're badly run and we seem to be well run. Miami has no leader on that offense. That matters. This is Carsons team. If Ajayi doesn't make an effort to fit in he'll be gone. A 4th is not very much to give up for someone who does clearly have nfl talent.

One of the most astounding things about Carson is that he so quickly became a leader and the other players so quickly bought into it. He's the boss.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Because everyone in the Miami locker room was an issue. They're badly run and we seem to be well run. Miami has no leader on that offense. That matters. This is Carsons team. If Ajayi doesn't make an effort to fit in he'll be gone. A 4th is not very much to give up for someone who does clearly have nfl talent.

One of the most astounding things about Carson is that he so quickly became a leader and the other players so quickly bought into it. He's the boss.

They have genuine vet leaders also the likes of Jenkins, peters, cox in particular are a serious foundations for a locker room

I don't remember us having a team this good since 2004

I don't remember us having a team this good since 2004

Few of the o line and d line picking up knocks good time for the bye week

Hococop wrote: »
    Few of the o line and d line picking up knocks good time for the bye week

Plus gets jay a chance to get caught up with the playbook. I have never been as excited about a player as wentz he is genuinely unreal can't believe it's only his second year

Wonder will darby and Jones play the cowboys game

Wonder will darby and Jones play the cowboys game

Wouldn't mind jones sitting the year but I would imagine Darby would be he's. ack training now

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Some amount of points against 1 of the best defenses in the league. Bye coming in at the perfect time, not like last year. Hopefully Lane isint injured for long and was just a knock. Ajayi had a decent game, looks promising.

Some amount of points against 1 of the best defenses in the league. Bye coming in at the perfect time, not like last year. Hopefully Lane isint injured for long and was just a knock. Ajayi had a decent game, looks promising.

In fairness a lot of that was the defence think we had about 400 yards all together which would be very low for the score.

• Advertisement

In fairness a lot of that was the defence think we had about 400 yards all together which would be very low for the score.
    Yeah, the two turn-overs followed by long runs after taking the ball away was the reason we got 14 of those points. But, Wentz was just so impressive. The fact we went full-on option in the red-zone shows how confident they are!

The defence is legit but the offense is a big play offense that can also work the clock. That is not a common occurrence. This team has the chance to be special. You can see Alshon and Wentz getting more and more in sync. That combined with someone as explosive as Ajayi could put us over the top. Exciting times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Just looking to ask how former Raven Timmy Jernigan is playing. I see the Eagles must be happy with him giving a 4 year 48 million deal

He had 4-5 sacks a year in his time in Baltimore and was good against the run but the decision was made to pay Brandon Williams the big contract and the Ravens are usually close to cap hell so he was traded away

Swapped 99th pick for the 74th

Have the Eagles got a steal here? Just reading reports and he seems to be getting a lot of praise.

He's been a monster so far this year but I know he was hot and cold as a raven so we will see if he keeps going now that he has his money. Apparently the 1 gap scheme we play suits him down to the ground

He's been a monster so far this year but I know he was hot and cold as a raven so we will see if he keeps going now that he has his money. Apparently the 1 gap scheme we play suits him down to the ground

He wore down in Baltimore. He had to play too many snaps. He plays all out each play so playing in our rotation just keeps him fresh. Its the key to our defence this year. He's been a terror against the run and means teams can't really afford to constantly double Cox.

Good results tonight for us, saints Vikings and Rams looking like serious contender's

Good results tonight for us, saints Vikings and Rams looking like serious contender's
    Yeah, Cowboys shown up a little there by the Cardinals, getting most of their runs near the end when the Arizona D was tired. Man, Prescott gasses ridiculously easily. He ran twice in a row near the end of the first half and looked shattered. Without Elliot, and maybe Smith, they will get run over by The Eagles next week I think.

Man, what a season huh? Wentz doesn't play well and still hits 2 TDs and gets a 95 passer rating. It's incredible that our QB is able to do things like that. I talked about how the bye can affect teams in this thread earlier and man, were we rusty in that first half. Wentz throwing like garbage, WR being like 2016 WR. And then we switched it up in the second half and ran through the Cowboys (who, of course, are blaming injuries and suspensions. We also lost a great LT and Linebacker, we still getting the job done). Don't know why we aren't using Ajayi more, even when tackled he still gains a few yards and he is able to be a very good blocker and receiver for a screen.

Still, NFC East is basically ours now, Bears next week to go 10-1 and then off to Seattle. Nothing I see from the Seahawks worries me, to be honest. The Falcons, a team with a worse O and D than us, made them look like chumps. I expect us to do the same and then we're against the Rams. Only game I'm worried about in terms of getting home-field advantage and a bye. 13-3 should be the minimum now, 15-1 would be great but 14-2 is doable.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Man, what a season huh? Wentz doesn't play well and still hits 2 TDs and gets a 95 passer rating. It's incredible that our QB is able to do things like that. I talked about how the bye can affect teams in this thread earlier and man, were we rusty in that first half. Wentz throwing like garbage, WR being like 2016 WR. And then we switched it up in the second half and ran through the Cowboys (who, of course, are blaming injuries and suspensions. We also lost a great LT and Linebacker, we still getting the job done). Don't know why we aren't using Ajayi more, even when tackled he still gains a few yards and he is able to be a very good blocker and receiver for a screen.

Still, NFC East is basically ours now, Bears next week to go 10-1 and then off to Seattle. Nothing I see from the Seahawks worries me, to be honest. The Falcons, a team with a worse O and D than us, made them look like chumps. I expect us to do the same and then we're against the Rams. Only game I'm worried about in terms of getting home-field advantage and a bye. 13-3 should be the minimum now, 15-1 would be great but 14-2 is doable.

Yeah very rusty that first half, I still think the bye week came at the right time as a few of out ol and dl were a bit banged up in that broncos game

Seahawks are a tough at home so will be an interesting game regardless

• Advertisement

Yeah very rusty that first half, I still think the bye week came at the right time as a few of out ol and dl were a bit banged up in that broncos game

Seahawks are a tough at home so will be an interesting game regardless
    Oh, I agree the bye came at the right time. Having Ertz back meant, at most, Cowboys could only have man coverage due to how good our receiving unit has become. And that's another reason to use Ajayi more, he can catch the ball too!

I would have said that too, but the Falcons cut through them in that first half like butter. And our D is better than theirs (not by much, but I do think it is) and our offense is way more potent. All that's left of the legion of boom is Wilson now and, as good as he is, we also made a "good" QB look like dog-sh1t Sunday night.

Advertisement