Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Oh, I agree the bye came at the right time. Having Ertz back meant, at most, Cowboys could only have man coverage due to how good our receiving unit has become. And that's another reason to use Ajayi more, he can catch the ball too!

I would have said that too, but the Falcons cut through them in that first half like butter. And our D is better than theirs (not by much, but I do think it is) and our offense is way more potent. All that's left of the legion of boom is Wilson now and, as good as he is, we also made a "good" QB look like dog-sh1t Sunday night.

True but Wilson is different, he is like wentz, when you think you have him tackled he still gets the pass away for a first down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cassius Easy Burglar

I think Ajaya is still learning the system but I think we are saving him and Blount for the playoffs at this stage. We are basically in at this point and having those two health and fresh to run the ball is serious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Yeah I think they're keeping Ajayi fresh. We know his knees are in a bad way. We have the depth so there's no need to over work him. Also makes us harder to gameplan for since you can't really prepare for all these guys.

Howie Roseman might be the MVP of this org right now tho. What he's done with this roster is astounding. From the Wentz trade to the trade for Jernigan (robbery) the deal for Alshon, the Darby trade... many many more. A+ for him from me. He really seems to have learned from his mistakes.

Well lads we've won the NFC east hopefully we can stay healthy from here on out now. I say it every week but I did it see this team coming seriously talented

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Well lads we've won the NFC east hopefully we can stay healthy from here on out now. I say it every week but I did it see this team coming seriously talented
    Well, basically won it. I do hope the Cowboys win on Thursday, so the lads can go to Seattle to win the division themselves. I am quietly confident of them winning Sunday too, just a pain it's prime-time.

Wentz was in beast mode, that lovely floated pass for the 3rd TD was a thing of absolute beauty. D was huge, 6 yards rushing in the whole game, against a team with the best rusher in the league. Some of the stops they made was huge too. 4 fumbles is the only worrying thing in that whole game though.

Even though I said I think we will win Sunday, huge test coming up against two of our NFC rivals. We currently have a two game lead for the bye (Vikings one behind for the #1 seed) so, going 1-1 would not be disastrous. 0-2 leaves us in trouble. However, should Wentz and co win both, that puts is in the position to win out, go 15-1, take that #1 seed and bring everyone to Lincoln Field. With this team and the crowd being fully behind them, would be hard not to think about going to the Superbowl.

• Advertisement

Random but anybody on here play Madden Ultimate Team? I was but am done with it and have the Football Outsiders Carson Wentz if anyone wants him...

on PS4 btw.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Random but anybody on here play Madden Ultimate Team? I was but am done with it and have the Football Outsiders Carson Wentz if anyone wants him...

on PS4 btw.

I've xbox, but is that the wentz that was overpowered?

Hococop wrote: »
    I've xbox, but is that the wentz that was overpowered?

The 94 overall wentz yeah. I did a fair bit of trading during the 6 weeks i was ocd about it. The market is easy to work in Madden having come from Fifa. All the trading tips that worked in fifa 6 years ago work in Madden.

Wentz is good but really he's not a game changer like the Barry Sanders card.

The 94 overall wentz yeah. I did a fair bit of trading during the 6 weeks i was ocd about it. The market is easy to work in Madden having come from Fifa. All the trading tips that worked in fifa 6 years ago work in Madden.

Wentz is good but really he's not a game changer like the Barry Sanders card.

Yeah picked up Madden last week so trying to build a good team again like I had in 17, what's the best way to work the market?

Also hopefully a convincing win today to clear the doubt surrounding us

Yeah picked up Madden last week so trying to build a good team again like I had in 17, what's the best way to work the market?

Also hopefully a convincing win today to clear the doubt surrounding us

buy the 81 elite LT's for 3k-3.5k bin and then sell for 5. It requires time investment but its easy. You can kind of do it for lots of 81 elites.

I'll take an unconvincing win today. :) the rams are a good team. We'll need to be at our best to beat them. If we can get real pressure on Goff it will help a ton.

• Advertisement

buy the 81 elite LT's for 3k-3.5k bin and then sell for 5. It requires time investment but its easy. You can kind of do it for lots of 81 elites.

I'll take an unconvincing win today. :) the rams are a good team. We'll need to be at our best to beat them. If we can get real pressure on Goff it will help a ton.

Thing is Goff wont be able to do what Wilson did so as you said get to him early and rattle his confidence

Also cheers, I'll look into that farming system

Bad start

Wentz out injured and the reports are not good, good I hope it's not season ending

Wentz out injured and the reports are not good, good I hope it's not season ending
    Yeah, he was able to walk off himself and finish the series, which is a good thing, but hopefully it's not too bad and he can recover for the Cowboys game. Now just gotta hope Foles can deliver

Devastated... whispers are they think its bad. Thats the season if it is. Hopefully no long term effects.

Yeah, he was able to walk off himself and finish the series, which is a good thing, but hopefully it's not too bad and he can recover for the Cowboys game. Now just gotta hope Foles can deliver

Foles is solid but good that will kill the season if it's serious, hopefully a bad dead leg or a strain

Tough win but if that injury is serious it's negates everything.

ABC are reporting it's an ACL tear. That is Wentz done for the season and our SB chances are gone with him.

ABC are reporting it's an ACL tear. That is Wentz done for the season and our SB chances are gone with him.

How could they possibly know that quick

Trust me, if your ACL goes you know about it. Medical team are good at assessing injuries quickly and giving the most likely cause of said injury. But again, Wentz must be in severe pain, I tore mine twice and it is awful.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing they are just assuming, when would we know

Its what the Eagles suspect.

Gutted... feel literally sick. This team was so much fun to watch and he was the reason.

I hope it doesn't impact him long term. Fingers crossed its just a partial tear and that he won't miss part of next season.

I'm guessing they are just assuming, when would we know
    Most likely sometime in the early morning, around 4 or 5 am. He'll be taken straight to the hospital and have a MRI.

It really soils the win. Not only did we massively improve our bye chances and also retake the 1st seed spot, we won the NFC East and became the first team into the play-offs. But the injury is the only thing we are thinking about, and a season that might have been.

But if it was that painful how does he go in next play throw a red and then walk to the dressing room why would they even Let him walk to the dressing room. **** everything Jesus

Its what the Eagles suspect.

Gutted... feel literally sick. This team was so much fun to watch and he was the reason.

I hope it doesn't impact him long term. Fingers crossed its just a partial tear and that he won't miss part of next season.
    It's definitely not a full tear, if it was a full tear no way would he have been able to leave the field and head to the locker rooms of his own accord.

I see NFL reporting that they believe its a tear, god I hope its wrong and it turns out to be awful bruising or a bad dead leg or something

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

There are two fairly simple Acl tear tests, take about 2 min to preform. Obviously will need a scan to confirm but the manual tests are something like 90% accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Trust me, if your ACL goes you know about it. Medical team are good at assessing injuries quickly and giving the most likely cause of said injury. But again, Wentz must be in severe pain, I tore mine twice and it is awful.

Yeah nerd. If you tear your ACL you have no stability on your knee. A doctor will check the stability of the knee and having seen hundreds of ACL operations if its gone it's obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well thats a right kick in the....super bowl attempt, just gotta hope Foles recaptures his 2013 form now.

Advertisement