Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Apparently Initial scans are showing a partial tear means he could make the playoffs apparently but I don't know if he should I'd be terrified of turning him to rg3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

nerd69 wrote: »
    Apparently Initial scans are showing a partial tear means he could make the playoffs apparently but I don't know if he should I'd be terrified of turning him to rg3

That speculation or is that the confirmed scan, I suppose take it week by week, like keenum maybe foles will play well in the remaining 3 games and it takes the pressure off wentz

Hococop wrote: »
    That speculation or is that the confirmed scan, I suppose take it week by week, like keenum maybe foles will play well in the remaining 3 games and it takes the pressure off wentz

Speculation from preliminary scans apparently full MRI we are still waiting for

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

After watching yesterday's game I'm not worried about Nick Foles being the QB for the rest of the season and however far they go in the playoffs.

Jason Kelce played well as did the rest of the O line and the WRs and TE's played well.

That Defense though in the first half wasn't good and is worrying.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    After watching yesterday's game I'm not worried about Nick Foles being the QB for the rest of the season and however far they go in the playoffs.

Jason Kelce played well as did the rest of the O line and the WRs and TE's played well.

That Defense though in the first half wasn't good and is worrying.

I think foles did well. Wiz is a huge loss you could see the difference in the run game And the d needs to step up

• Advertisement

Just won my fantasy league on that last second fumble recovery victory has never been so sweet.

On the game foles was awful today the d can't hold one of the top offences back like they did today we can lean on the run game but he needs to be a threat to the defence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The only good thing about today was the D managing to mostly hold the Raiders back and the fact we secured the #1 seed. Foles needs to show something against the Cowboys.

Well I've just watched the condensed version of the game from last night and thats not good. Jesus nick foles would want to cop on and play like we have seen him play before. Also what was going with the low snaps ?

That was a bad football from both teams. Non of the NFC playoff teams will be worried after seeing that eagles performance.

Well I've just watched the condensed version of the game from last night and thats not good. Jesus nick foles would want to cop on and play like we have seen him play before. Also what was going with the low snaps ?

That was a bad football from both teams. Non of the NFC playoff teams will be worried after seeing that eagles performance.

Agreed, it's weird defense showed up this time (bar that bad raider's TD) and the offense didn't show up, be nice to get the win in the playoffs but it's hard to see that happening

Hococop wrote: »
    Agreed, it's weird defense showed up this time (bar that bad raider's TD) and the offense didn't show up, be nice to get the win in the playoffs but it's hard to see that happening

Nick foles had some poor throws.

Also how do the eagles play their starters next week ? Do they play them all game or do they pull them after a half ?

• Advertisement

Nick foles had some poor throws.

Also how do the eagles play their starters next week ? Do they play them all game or do they pull them after a half ?

I'd imagine it will be something like that, I've a feeling foles might play the full game to get as many reps as possible

Yeah, Foles needs the game time really. Also, we can't just blame Foles for that game, blame also has to go on the WR unit, they just weren't getting open. Jeffrey had two targets and no completions, that's how bad he was at getting one-on-one coverage. If he manages that, he is so good that he is hard to beat.

Problem is you need to play the receivers with foles and I hate the idea of putting them out there against a division rival that has nothing to play for. Guys are gona get hurt.

Looking at the other 5 teams in the playoffs can't see us getting a win against any of them. Really disappointing how the season has gone.

Problem is you need to play the receivers with foles and I hate the idea of putting them out there against a division rival that has nothing to play for. Guys are gona get hurt.

Looking at the other 5 teams in the playoffs can't see us getting a win against any of them. Really disappointing how the season has gone.
    I think we are all ignoring how important the #1 seed is. With the exception of the Vikings (and possibly the Seahawks, who I don't see beating the Rams in LA should they make it), the other teams are all warm-weather teams. Coming to Linc, in January when it is going to be near, if not below, zero Celsius, is going to be tough. If the D holds firm and keeps getting take-aways like they have been doing all season, we have a chance against anyone.

Obviously, we've gone from being a team that were Superbowl contenders (still don't know how people have either the Steelers or Pats as defacto champions, AFC is so weak and so many glaring problems with both teams, whoever gets there from the NFC should be favourites) to a team who are seen as the weak-link in the tournament. We've lost a guy who was on track to be MVP (and is still in the conversation, even if we all know he isn't going to get it). But man, this is a young team. Sure, it probably won't be our year this year but this season has been very good and it should continue for years to come. Real chance of winning the big one in the next few years, which is more than we could say a few years ago.

Not sure if warm weather comes into it. Foles is a texas boy and the rams in particular are built for playoff football

Not sure if warm weather comes into it. Foles is a texas boy and the rams in particular are built for playoff football
    Warm weather definitely plays a part, as does the crowd noise, as does travel. Foles might be a Texas boy but he is training and playing in Philly for 3 years, that's fine. It's the reason Wentz adapted so quickly, as he was from North Dakota. It's the reason we have a rich history of wins against the Cowboys at home. It changes the flight of the ball, grip of the QB, muscles needed for tackling and scrimmaging, lots of things.

Would Blount be the better option for starting Rb for the playoffs, he played Boston last year which would be on the colder side as opposed ajayi who came from Miami so hard to say how he ajusted to the cold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What a horrible throw from Foles there, Is Micheal Vick officially retired

Foles has been garbage this first quarter. Made two good throws, thats it.

Foles out, Sudfeld's time to shine

• Advertisement

Foles out, Sudfeld's time to shine
    He has looked good, had a pass for a first down that should have been caught too.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    He has looked good, had a pass for a first down that should have been caught too.

Yeah solid start for him

Yeah solid start for him
    5/6 for 38 yards with his O line ****ing him over with penalties. Also, would have been 6/6 if the catch had been made!

Well i must say, i'd start Sudfeld the next day, looked fairly solid earlier, and with Foles just so inaccurate, let the running backs to their thing and keep Sudfeld to short passes, they should be ok, especially with that defense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Excuse me I'm full but what the actual **** was that?

Well i must say, i'd start Sudfeld the next day, looked fairly solid earlier, and with Foles just so inaccurate, let the running backs to their thing and keep Sudfeld to short passes, they should be ok, especially with that defense
    I would start Sudfeld too. He made some great plays and was either brought back due to the receiver not making a catch or the O-line giving away a stupid penalty. So lots of promise there!
    sentient_6 wrote: »
    Excuse me I'm full but what the actual **** was that?
    It was one of the worst games of football every like!

Honestly, that was the best thing that could have happened. Falcons beating Rams gives us a chance to get to the championship game. They are still favourites, due to having the better QB. But, good run defense and a D that can get pressure on a QB isn't good for the Falcons. The run game helped them immensely against the Rams and they won't get the same kind of success against us. They also have a poor run defense, which gives the play action option far more room. It will be a defensive battle but if our running backs can batter through and eat up yardage on 1st or 2nd down, we have a real chance to win next week.

I feel we will have to do double coverage on jones

Matty ice returns to his hometown. Hopefully we can have a nice cold game day for him.

It looks like we have been holding jay ajai back for the playoffs and will lean on him now so hopefully that will help offence I think we have to get over 20 points

No idea how to stop Julio but I think we match up relatively well Against the rest of the falcons offence

• Advertisement

Matty ice returns to his hometown. Hopefully we can have a nice cold game day for him.

It looks like we have been holding jay ajai back for the playoffs and will lean on him now so hopefully that will help offence I think we have to get over 20 points

No idea how to stop Julio but I think we match up relatively well Against the rest of the falcons offence

Blount could possibly do better, he wold be better adjusted to the cold with the pats so I wouldn't be surprised to see split rins

Advertisement