Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Hococop wrote: »
    Blount could possibly do better, he wold be better adjusted to the cold with the pats so I wouldn't be surprised to see split rins
    Yeah, we need him playing well. The cold will make muscles tense up but he is used to playing in Foxborough in the middle of cold snaps during the play-offs. More worried about Ajayi than him for the run game, hopefully Jay has adjusted to the cold weather.

Again, really was the best result we could ask for. Falcons need their run game to work to give Ryan time and they are against the best run defense in the league so hopefully that holds. If the D can do what they were doing the last 2 weeks and from weeks 1-10, we have every chance of making the championship game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm not very confident about next week.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm not very confident about next week.
    I am a lot more comfortable about facing the Falcons than either the Panthers or Saints (and Saints would have scared me more, Newton is a rollercoaster of a QB). Falcons need to establish their run game or Ryan gets blitzed far too easily up the middle and he isn't great under pressure, as was shown in the first half against the Rams. Once the Falcons run game got going, it was so much harder for them to get pressure on Ryan. Rams run defense was one of the worst in the league so I am not worried. Keep them below 20 and we have a hell of a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cassius Easy Burglar

That's still a big if not to mention I think our offence is relatively easy to shut down now as it's 100% reliant on the run

I believe wiznowski is back right?

I watched the condensed version of the week 11 game this year against the Cowboys and jesus that offense with Wentz was a sexy piece of kit. I know it's not all doom and gloom and if the defence plays like it can and stop the falcons run, then we have a chance. Also if Nick Foles can get on the same page as the Eagles receivers who aren't a bad group, then we have a chance.

• Advertisement

I watched the condensed version of the week 11 game this year against the Cowboys and jesus that offense with Wentz was a sexy piece of kit. I know it's not all doom and gloom and if the defence plays like it can and stop the falcons run, then we have a chance. Also if Nick Foles can get on the same page as the Eagles receivers who aren't a bad group, then we have a chance.

Wentz really is outstanding to watch i can't believe we have a qb like him it's been a while

Wentz really is outstanding to watch i can't believe we have a qb like him it's been a while

Yeah he's a special talent. I've watched some of the games from the regular season back and it's amazing to watch. If he hadn't gotten injured this season we'd be a different prospect.

So, we all going to Wembley this October then lads? Eagles vs Jaguars on either the 21st or 28th!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So, we all going to Wembley this October then lads? Eagles vs Jaguars on either the 21st or 28th!
    No I won't be unless I win the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Fact I'm going, hopefully will get a ticket handy enough

• Advertisement

No I won't be unless I win the lotto.
    Here's hoping you win the lotto so!
    Fact I'm going, hopefully will get a ticket handy enough
    Apparently if you go to buy them the day they release, it's handy enough. We'll see whose going once tickets have been online! I'm uber excited, only seen them play in Philly against the Browns in Wentz's first game so nice to see what, on paper, should be a good contest (assuming Wentz is back by then)

Here's hoping you win the lotto so!

Apparently if you go to buy them the day they release, it's handy enough. We'll see whose going once tickets have been online! I'm uber excited, only seen them play in Philly against the Browns in Wentz's first game so nice to see what, on paper, should be a good contest (assuming Wentz is back by then)

Yeah but i've a better chance of getting the shift off Angelina Jolie.

Well this is outstanding news. Hopefully it won't adversely affect the team but Its been a while coming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well i dont mind admitting i taught we'd struggle tonight without wentz, but Nick Foles proved me wrong, roll on next sunday

Well i dont mind admitting i taught we'd struggle tonight without wentz, but Nick Foles proved me wrong, roll on next sunday

I thought we where ****ed. I ****ing love this team. Maby my favourite team outside of Dawkins

To quote Alex ferguson "football ****ing hell" I'm not in the better of that second half.

I'm 28 years old, after that game I won't make it past 50, my heart hahaha what a f***ing win yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Also fair play to ajayi I didn't want him to continue after that fumble proved me wrong

Lads, can't believe it. Heart was in my mouth at the end. But I called it, I said if the run game got going, that would give play action and PRO more chances. And that we would win if that and the D held.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'm 28 years old, after that game I won't make it past 50, my heart hahaha what a f***ing win yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Well im 40 with a dodgy heart so you can imagine what the last 5mins were like here, lol

• Advertisement

Well the day after the night before it's even better. The NFC will go through Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Is the Vikings game on first.

No, jags game on first but that's on at 6ish so the Vikings will be on around half nine so it's not too bad

No jags game but that's on at 6ish so the Vikings will be on around half nine so it's not too bad
    Yeah and it's looking like it's going to absolutely Baltic in Pittsburgh for the game. It's supposed to be 15 F (-9 C) at game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Well that was... insane... but we won! Yay! Kinda feels like we're free rolling now. I mean we can't win the superbowl with Nick at qb but how much fun has this season been. Given the injuries we've had we should have crumpled. I've no problem admitting I was wrong. Doug is a heck of a coach.

It might be dumb given we're in the NFC Championship game but i'm already looking forward to next year. We have almost every starter locked up (only Bradham really) and with Sidney Jones to come in and hopefully Wentz continuing to develop the future in philly is LUMINOUS!

By the way, I thought Nick was very good yesterday. Sure, it was because our run game was great, but still, if he can play like that we have a shot against anyone.

Only bad thing about yesterday was that Skip was one of three pundits I saw who said the Eagles will win. Will have to put up with him being insufferable for the week now!

By the way, I thought Nick was very good yesterday. Sure, it was because our run game was great, but still, if he can play like that we have a shot against anyone.

Only bad thing about yesterday was that Skip was one of three pundits I saw who said the Eagles will win. Will have to put up with him being insufferable for the week now!

Yeah saw he picked them on undisputed, ever since Wentz got injured he has been very soft about us, I wonder does he feel bad the way things turned out

I also noted he thought that was a bull**** call on that personal foul when falcons scored that td

Yeah saw he picked them on undisputed, ever since Wentz got injured he has been very soft about us, I wonder does he feel bad the way things turned out

I also noted he thought that was a bull**** call on that personal foul when falcons scored that td
    The only thing I dislike about Skip is that he lets his love of the Cowboys cloud his judgement sometimes about the Eagles. And to be fair, when Wentz went down he sang his praises and, behind the Cowboys fandom, he has a respect for the Eagles.

Oh, it was a totally bad call. To be fair, I thought the officials were mostly correct so I don't really mind one or two bad calls. Glad we got who we got over the officials in the Titans-Pats game anyway!

One think that will be discussed big time this off season is that catch rule, probably 5-10 big calls this season over it I could see it change slightly

So Vikings next week. Really a game of two halves. Vikings looked unstoppable in the first and were poor on all sides of the ball in the second, looked like they could choke. And that was at home. Hopefully we get the 2nd half Vikings next week. If not, it's going to be hard to win.

FCUK! Just realized game doesn't kick-off until 11:40 so won't be asleep until 3:00, assuming it isn't a nail-biter, which I think it will be! Also, we opened as 3.5 point underdogs, which will most likely push to 4, if not 5. So, basically, with the +3 for home-field advantage, bookies have us as a TD underdog, at home, with that crowd.

• Advertisement

So Vikings next week. Really a game of two halves. Vikings looked unstoppable in the first and were poor on all sides of the ball in the second, looked like they could choke. And that was at home. Hopefully we get the 2nd half Vikings next week. If not, it's going to be hard to win.

I'm happier with the vikings. I wanted nothing to do with that saints offence

Advertisement