Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Is it to early yet to get a little excited

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Is it to early yet to get a little excited

Yes way too early, I'm terrified

Cant let them score a TD here

Phew

Wooooooo

• Advertisement

I think its safe now to get a f'n little bit excited

I think its safe now to get a f'n little bit excited

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lads don't get ahead of yourselves. The internet declared we'd get hammered. Just like we did last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Lads don't get ahead of yourselves. The internet declared we'd get hammered. Just like we did last week...
    Just like they will for the next 2 weeks. By the way, before the game, if it was Pats/Eagles, Pats would be -7 favorites. Wonder will it dip now!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Yeah that smug bastard Rich Eisen went against the eagles today on NFL Gameday Morning. I hope he eats major crow tomorrow on his radio show.

• Advertisement

Lads hahahahha what a win

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cassius Easy Burglar

I can't believe we're back in the super bowl 13 bloody painful years I'm hopping off the walls

Now to get an hour and 20 minutes sleep then begin my 9 hour shift at work hahaha

I was going to be shouting for the Pats against most teams to preserve that sweet, sweet Giant's legacy of being the only ones to stop them; With the Eagles going against them I could not be shouting for them more!

Help us Tom Brady, you're our only hope.
    From the Giants thread. Nice to see that Giants fans are still super classy :rolleyes:

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    From the Giants thread. Nice to see that Giants fans are still super classy :rolleyes:

I mean it's a division rival hoping we don't win the Super Bowl it's not that outragious really I'd be the same if roles where reversed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yup I don't want ye to win but ye have a great chance

Lot of weapons on O for the Pats to stop and ye can get pressure on Brady

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

What a game! Bar in Manhattan was hopping mad when they scored the first touchdown! I think they will stuff the pats! Underdog all season and I think it will continue on the 4th!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

What a game! Bar in Manhattan was hopping mad when they scored the first touchdown! I think they will stuff the pats! Underdog all season and I think it will continue on the 4th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

What an unbelievable season we've had, I'll be the first to admit I thought our hopes for a SB went down with Wentz. But it's been fantastic to watch them overcome it!

Also incredibly hyped for the eagles jags game in London this October, I've never been to a game before and there's no chance I'll miss this, does anyone know when the actual date is confirmed? I'm in 2 minds about booking flights for both weekends just to be sure.

Fenix wrote: »
    What an unbelievable season we've had, I'll be the first to admit I thought our hopes for a SB went down with Wentz. But it's been fantastic to watch them overcome it!

Also incredibly hyped for the eagles jags game in London this October, I've never been to a game before and there's no chance I'll miss this, does anyone know when the actual date is confirmed? I'm in 2 minds about booking flights for both weekends just to be sure.
    You weren't the only one who thought our SB hopes were over when Wentz went down. Foles has been amazing but Pederson has found the way to use him properly. Schwarz deserves huge credit too, as does the team. They stepped up big time.

As for the game, dates won't be confirmed until March but when it comes to flights you don't really need to worry too much about that, or hotels. Just get ready for when tickets are announced to buy. The fact it isn't a SB rematch will make getting a ticket easier too. I'm going as well! I think if Ajayi stays with the Eagles for a few years, there will be a game at least every 2 years, Dolphins were brought over because of Ajayi twice in 3 years.

• Advertisement

Will tickets be tricky to get for it ye think?

Hococop wrote: »
    Will tickets be tricky to get for it ye think?
    As long as you get them the weekend they come out, then no, it shouldn't be too bad at all. Would have been a lot harder had the Jags beaten the Pats as we would have a SuperBowl rematch.

Only 4 days away! Really hoping that Eagles come flying out the blocks and just never take their foot off the Pats throat, similar to what they did to the Vikings. On all sides of the ball, Eagles have the better players. But Amendola, Gronk and, of course, Brady are cause for concern. Defense has to be at the top of their game and has to sack Brady at least 3 times.

NE will turn the ball over, they just seem to do it at least once in this game. If Eagles don't, that's a great chance. Run game is so important, Pats were 20th in Rush defense. Brady is going to have to beat us as their rush game is basically non-existent. Still,think the Eagles will win by 4!

I really think the eagles can and will win the super bowl. This team if it plays like they did against the Vikings i think the pats will will have a hard time to beat us.

I'm dreading it, don't know why just don't want to get my hopes up :(

Yup nervous as ****. Works been a waste of time this week to boot still can't believe we've gotten here

Yup nervous as ****. Works been a waste of time this week to boot still can't believe we've gotten here
    This week is taking for ever. It's taking the piss. But maybe it's helpful prevent the nerves. I remember the 2005 super bowl and honestly and I'm going to enjoy this one more.

I will also be watching the game with people other than my brothers for the first time which will be fun and I found my eagles jersey that fits me better and will be wearing it. Now I said I'm not nervous but ask me Saturday evening when it's less than 24 hours left. Also I'll be watching it with a pats fan.

I think this team is better rounded than 2005 in fairness (serious lack of dawk though) reminds me more of the year we lost to the cards in the championship game in that il surprised we got here. There was an air of enevitability about 2005 I felt at the time like it was a matter of time before that team won (and the year the bucs won was the year that really should have been ours)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Lets get it lads! Enjoy tonight, should be special!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Enjoy the win, yer earned and deserved it. Congrats lads.

Advertisement