Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As I said as of October 24th, 2021 I despise this team and the coaching staff are an embarrassment with most of the players not being far behind the coaching staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

I wouldn't say despise by any means but in 20+ years as an eagles fan this may be the worst team iv watched. Only the last Andy Reid year competes really

Despise may have been too harsh a word in hindsight but to be fair I was saying it in real time and I was no happy watching that crap. It’s not far below that level though. Howie roseman HAS be run out of Philly in the off season at the very latest, I’m sorry and it’s not personal as I don’t know him personally, but he is a major part of making me hate watching the American football team I’ve followed for over twenty years and he needs to go.

The coaching staff need to find the respective coaching for dummies books for their positions and read the bloody thing and fix the mess or else they may as well join roseman out the gap.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

Ya I ended up watching some of the cardinals game and it's like a different sport.

I suspect rosemary will be kept despite my recently fi ding out our last first or second round picks to play on a second contract where Lane and ertz. The drafting has been beyond incompetent we've been surviving off of Andy and chips players now they are starting to go

I think we need to give minshew a crack at starting also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Celtic_Eagle

Another solid performance last night, JH is certainly getting there and the only blot on his copybook yesterday was the interception.

Smith is turning into a hero and the D were superb on 3rd down all night.

Kelly Green shoots appearing

Well another season down and while I’m not overly shocked at we lost because it was Tom Brady and tampa bay, the way we played was really annoying. I don’t know whether it was the fact it was his first playoff game or what but Jalen Hurts has a really poor game. Devonta smith should have been targeted more yesterday but for some unknown reason he wasn’t and even Troy Aikman was mentioning it constantly. Jalen reagor needs to be traded/cut because for some reason he’s going backwards in his development. The O line was okay from what I remember. The defense was woeful. Save the terrible roughing the passer call early on Derick Barnett they got nowhere near the Tampa Bay players. There was shots on the coverage of the eagles defenders standing looking at the bucs players going past them.

Well, any thoughts on the upcoming season? I think the Eagles are stacked in offense if JH can click with the receivers.

I am cautiously optimistic.....travelling to Philly for the MNF Dallas game so hoping they have some rhythm by then.

Well I think its Jalen hurts last shot as they’ve given him the weapons on offense and the Oline should look good this year. I’m like you I’m cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season but it’s easy to optimistic in August, it’s more of a challenge in November and December when the team are making heavy going of a team they should be beating. Oh and the idiotic defensive penalties.

Agree fully, it is the hope that kills us. They really need to more disciplined on the penalty count.

they have invested heavily in Hurts, Howie and Nick seem to really believe in him but i am like you, it needs to happen for him this season or it is back to the drawing board at QB as he will have no excuses if the rest of the pack can stay healthy.

• Advertisement

Jordan Davis at an eagles walkthrough where he pushes cam Jurgens who is over 6 foot and 300lbs back at least nine yards. I can see Jordan Davis being a matchup nightmare for teams this year.

Think hurts will be our weak link. I keep hearing he's massively improved every year so here's hoping but he's a bang average thrower of the ball and the qb mentality side has been awful. Ov nor really seen him throw a guy open ever I think devonta suffered for it

but he's a bang average thrower of the ball

Yeah way too often Eagles receivers who had gotten past the other teams defenders would have to come back to the ball to more often than not break up the pass.

Well it was lot closer then I was expecting and the eagles won but it started sluggish while the running game was good and AJ brown is the piece the eagles have being missing on the WR room for years, Johnathon gannon needs to cop on to himself and draw up a scheme that works with the players he’s got. And the run defense is awful.

I suspect Gannon is going to be the chink in the Armour all year to be honest. He is incapable of making mid game changes and like you said it was far too close for comfort given the lead that was built up early.

JH got them out of a big hole and is great on his feet but needs to see a pass earlier. AJ Brown is a superstar, i just hope Devonta Smith does not wilt in his shadow.

All in all, it was a good first day out with a road win but lots for Sirianni and particularly Gannon to mull over, i see Barnett is out for the season with a torn ACL, not great news for the depth chart after one week but might help the penalty count going forward.....

Jordan Davis needs to play more snaps but maybe it is a fitness issue early season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I for one am happy with this week's performance. Against a very good Bears side (they improved massively after being mauled by us last season and added weapons in the off season), D got pressure on Goff. O-line was a tad all over the place but that can be solved. JH looked good in both his throws and his movement, which is a plus. Lots of good things going into what should be a good team for us to play on paper.

Great performance this week, serious shift from JH, looking promising

Yeah Monday night was a great performance but it’s only one week. I’m not that comfortable with the US sports media building up the team after one very good game. I don’t want to come across as negative but I don’t want a dream team thing again.

Another strong performance yesterday off the back of a short week. AJ Brown and Devonta Smith are seriously humming right now! Hurts is getting plenty of protection which is allowing him to flourish and the Defence is looking very strong albeit against a poor Washington outfit. I agree in relation to getting carried away but you can only beat what is front of you and they are doing it well so far with obviously much stiffer tests to come. The Jags are looking decent and Doug is doing well there so will be an interesting match up but if the Eagles bring their A game then they should win.

Onwards and upwards

Another big win and the chains keep moving, the weather was difficult but in fairness Hurts kept the ball in hand alot better than Lawrence managed to.

The few injuries to starters is a bit worrying but the replacements played well. Reddick is very impressive and it is clear to see he is enjoying being back in Philly.

It is great to see that the Eagles are the only undefeated team in the league, onwards and upwards

• Advertisement

Could keep this going for a bit potentially theres no games coming up that cant be won. Id still be fairly sceptical vs the likes of the bucs though

Biggest test of the season so far with the dallas defence this weekend i think. Should tell us a lot

And then it was 7-0 and I don’t see any real difficult games for the next month if the team play to the level so far. AJ brown is just amazing and we are lucky to have him on the Thursday against Houston should be no 8.

Jordan Davis will be a loss although the injury does not seem as bad as first feared. The Steelers game was a strange one as the Eagles won without really extending themselves through a few pieces of magic. I know you can only beat what is in front of you but most certainly the Bills and a few the other side look ultimately the Super Bowl contenders.

I think the eagles still look at times like they might struggle against a top team but at least they are still moving forward. I think Dallas will still have a major say but this is an enjoyable run all the same.....

Id worry about the titans without davis. His few snaps a game are big pluses against the run i think. Id be surprised if we dont make the playoffs at this point so its all about keeping the injury gods happy

Well I think we all knew the likelihood of the team going undefeated wasn’t real, but we can’t let it happen many more times because the cowboys and giants aren’t garbage this season so every game will matter.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

ugly win but it was a good win and Jalen hurts put the team on his back when it was needed. The giants lost and hopefully the Vikings take care of the cowboys.

How we won that game i will never know! really ground it out and JH got it done but some of the decision making on both sides of the ball would worry you! The last 2 weeks have not been great. Dallas is a huge loss as he always makes plays and can drag some extra yardage.

But it is great to win ugly too and we might have to get used to a few more performances like that if injuries pile up.

The penalty count was Joke! that sequence of 3 on the bounce to have us 2nd & 35 was farcical but in fairness we got away with the face hold on Ryan which makes up for last week's miss by the refs

What a mad mad game! Interceptions, Sacks galore! lots of worrying aspects but they also had the class to dig it out!!!!

Hurts took far too many knocks that was needed at this time of the year and I cannot understand why they didn't run the ball more but then again Miles was making some strange plays when on the ball so was a total mish mash of play calls.

The Cowboys losing gives us a cushion needing to only win either of the following 2 games to secure the division. It would be great to get it done in Dallas (I cannot see us winning there as they have been generally improving week on week) and then rest a few starters for the following 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Hurts with a shoulder injury to boot. Could see minshew next week

Advertisement