Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Celtic_Eagle

Put Hurts on Ice! Minshew is good enough to win 2 of next 3 games. It appears to have affected Hurts MVP chances though by simply not playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

What are the chances that Hurts will play Hurt?

asking for a friend

FF PO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Fantasy football? Lot if people sweating it id think. I cant imagine he plays they omly need 1 more win to lock up the 1 seed and minshew gets that i think

Tbh mvp just means we have to pay him more we may be better off with him not winning it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭rubick

The presser yesterday was odd from Hurts, like he was expecting to still be playing. Could be mind games to make Dallas' D coaches prep for him of course.

• Advertisement

Could also just not be as bad an injury as we think i suppose. For a running qb id rather err on the side of caution mind

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well is it better to sit him for this week and have him healthy for the post season ?

Definitely in my opinion! The MVP race is always amplified and made out to be this big deal, Rest him and do not show your hand in Dallas.....I reckon the Cowboys players and Coaches will be looking to put down a marker and no doubt there will be some big hits during plays, the flip of that is the Eagles could do some damage to the Cowboys chances as everything i read has them top of the rankings

Unreal to be going to the SuperBowl again, i see the early line in Vegas is the Eagles are a 1.5 point favourite which i suspect will move in the Chiefs favour as it gets closer to the 12th given their experience in the big game over the last few years.

People still seem to be dumbing down this Eagles team and saying they are lucky and have not beaten anybody really however they put 31 points on the best D in the league and the Niners ill discipline last night was down to the pressure the O-line put on them.

Reddick is an animal and i cannot believe he is not up for individual honours!

SF were terribly unlucky with Brock coming out and their 4th string having to go in however you can only beat what is in front of you and the Eagles did it well without pulling up trees, you would have to suspect there is plenty still left in the tank and hopefully we have a fit roster travelling, it will be interesting to see how bad Dickerson's elbow/arm is?

FLY EAGLES FLY

I see it has already moved with some places having the chiefs as 2.5 point favourites which i think is the correct adjustment but Philly loves an underdog :)

• Advertisement

Im not sure how the chiefs will stop our run game (could see this ling going down as one of the greatest ever tbh) but mahomes is going to mahomes. I know itd a simplification but it aint far off

I know the Chiefs second string WR's are doing a great job deputising for the 4 starters that are out but i am hoping the Eagles D will be able to manage them but then again when you have Patrick Mahomes picking you out i am sure some of us would even make a few catches.

I actually dont know if any of those starters will be back from them or if they are banged up beyond Feb 12th?

I think their offence will move alright. Andy reid off a two week break and all that

Just resurrecting this thread for the new season and after the disappointment of the Superbowl defeat.

Week 1 was just about getting it done but a few worrying signs on offense and the play calling left a lot to be desired even though NS defended it in the the post game presser! Hopefully we see improvement on the short week but the vikings were equally as unimpressive at the weekend. Will be interesting to see how much the eagles run it on Thursday night but it obviously depends if Gainwell is passed fit or not.

Our new d coordinator is from.the gannon school of way to soft coverage. Jalen carters crazy good

Aside from that it was essentially a preseason performance i think

Well in years gone by it would be the final pre season game. There’s no style points in the NFL and a win is a win.

And I know the first couple of weeks of a new season can be a bit messy but I never expected the giants to **** the bed like they did.

Yeah, new play callers on both sides of the ball too means there is unlikely to be any kind if consistency for a few weeks.

I cannot make out if the Giants were so bad or if the Cowboys were just very, very good.

No practice for Bradberry, Blankenship or Gainwell over the last couple of days, it appears Fletcher Cox will be ok though

All 3 are confirmed out now which is far from ideal and Fletcher Cox looks touch and go now, no RB to run with......

How wrong i was on the running back! D'Andre Swift won that game for the birds, phenomenal performance from him.

They made it a lot harder than they needed to and benefitted again from a raft of turnovers but could not really covert them to points on the scoreboard at the time.

Injury situation looks ominous but at least there 10 days until the Buccs to get them fit.

2-0, Go Birds

I say bits of it live and yeah it looked like heavy going but the eagles were always ahead I think.

yeah was it two or three injuries on top of the guys out from last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,273 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Philly were by far the better team but failed to make that dominance pay on the scoreboard.

The Vikings last score was because they played soft zone.

Yeah, there was a few obvious ones like Maddox etc but Boston Scott, Watkins, Jordan Davis and Cunningham who was very good i thought on the night came out of the game but hopefully they are just winded or slight niggles.

i see the heated discussion between Hurts and Brown as a healthy thing, they all want to win so no harm having it out

Well there’s 11 days I think now before Tampa bay which hopefully will allow some that are only niggles to be good to go.

Jalen carters the best eagles rookie i can remember. I know hes not finishing but what a freak

Well Sunday was bit more like it how I think the eagles can play. The secondary is a bit iffy but I think it can be improve. 5-0 again to start the season.

I think we will go 6-0 this week against the Jets although it won't be easy and then we will see the real test of this team with 8 really tough games back to back with a bye week in between. I think if by the end of week 15 the eagles are 10-4 or 11-3 it will be a good outcome.

Brown was superb on Sunday and it was great to see Dallas see some plays as it was almost becoming a 'thing'. Watkins leaves a bit to be desired and cannot see him getting too much this weekend after performance. It was good to see Reddick make a few sacks.......Onwards and upwards but the Niners look formidable.

So since the last post we lost to the jets, and beat Miami impressively and beat Washington yesterday in a game where the offence worked but the defence is not a strong point. Sam Howell was like Montana at points yesterday.

AJ Brown is an absolute stud and that catch for his TD was unreal.

Great to beat Dallas at any time and what a game! That last play was heart attack stuff.

Hurts was exceptional, especially considering he is obviously carrying this knee issue. The secondary is seriously worrying and they will struggle to stop a really top offense such as KC or the Ravens currently.

A few injuries beginning to ramp up too and it will be interesting what the MRI shows up on the DG forearm fracture.

However i think there is still quite a bit of growth in this Eagles team and they are getting it done without really humming in certain aspects.

Go Birds!

What a week for the Eagles......in my opinion they were 2 of their poorest performances this year but they got it done which is a sign of a great team! They really are running this gauntlet of games and showing their mettle!

Hurts is MVP in waiting if they can continue to improve however the weakness at secondary and the injury count building may put a stop to a superbowl appearance. I still personally think that KC, Niners and the Ravens are ahead in the pecking order with a few others just in behind with the Eagles however the ability to win these big Sunday games is a serious testament to the team.

Hurts is still not fluid on his feet and this knee issue is definitely hampering him but talk about clutch in the big moments, Unbelievable!!!

Kelce was superb on that last play of the winning drive, wiped out their tackle to create the space for Hurts to run into, that is experience playing its hand!

Go Birds!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement