Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Bandage

Is there any real substance to the Gruden chat, chaps? It seems like a certainty Reid will depart - whether that's at the end of the season or even before then - but who are realistic replacement options?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Bandage wrote: »
    Is there any real substance to the Gruden chat, chaps? It seems like a certainty Reid will depart - whether that's at the end of the season or even before then - but who are realistic replacement options?
    There are a lot off the top if my head gruden ,chip Kelly ,rob Ryan (think hell become cowboys hc though) bill cower iv herd mentioned but can't see him coming out if retirement well have to wait a bit there will b people linked with us come seasons end

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000096148/article/michael-vick-foggy-and-fatigued-says-eagles-trainer

That doesn't sound great, for as much as he frustrates me on the field I don't want to see him or any player in the NFL badly injured.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000096148/article/michael-vick-foggy-and-fatigued-says-eagles-trainer

That doesn't sound great, for as much as he frustrates me on the field I don't want to see him or any player in the NFL badly injured.

i dont think his play has been his fault when hes in marty calls lots of deep plays when foles comes on he calls screens,runs and short passes we should be calling them all the time with our line

i feel vick should sit out the season he still has a lot to offer a team(although i dont think hell be with us next year) but hes punch drunk i heard somone say hes been hit in the ribs and grabbed his head this is beyond being an issue with him being abel to play its becoming an issue with his long term health fact of the matter is he will probable die relativley young as is he needs to look after himself more from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

No point keeping Reid in now if the guy we want is out there... that was a joke. a sad sad joke.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    No point keeping Reid in now if the guy we want is out there... that was a joke. a sad sad joke.

shhh if we dont speak about it its like the game didnt happen :(

And why was shady in the game with less than two minutes to go ? I was watching and the camera view of him been driven off the field and his face had a look of the engine was running but nobody was behind the wheel. Scary stuff.

Andy Reid really does say the blindingly obvious in his press conferences.

trying to look for a silver lining not a lot of it to be honest we have a shot at a matt barkley in the draft at least or should we go o-line hard to say i dont know enough about this draft class yet teo would be nice on defence but i think offence should probably be priority.

most important thing for me is getting in a hc with a bit of fire in his belly i still love andy ried for all hes done for us no sb but keeping us in contention so long is not easy but time for a change im not sure if we should bring someone in now and see how he finishes the year or just wait till the off season probably no good enough candidates around at the mo bar gruden but lurie said hes not a fan so that may not be happening

sad time to be an eagles fan losing because of lack of talent i can live with lack of heart hurts

Andy Reid's post game presser.
    http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Reid-McCoy-Has-A-Concussion/6419c539-671c-429a-9ba4-4d3ff85db16d

Lesean has a concussion, so that leaves us with who ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Its all about the draft lads, unfortunately

Have only seen one Eagles game this season as I work Sundays but this has been an absolute trainwreck

Its all about the draft lads, unfortunately

Have only seen one Eagles game this season as I work Sundays but this has been an absolute trainwreck

That's one way of describing it. If Jeffrey Lurie had any sense he would fire reid before he gets back to philly and get a HC in who will have time to see what he wants to change and then draft in april. I agree that Andy Reid has done alot for the eagles but he is hurting the team at this point.

378556_10151270731145208_1190749665_n.jpg

15164_10151268094485208_521141883_n.png

Might aswell laugh about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Lesean has a concussion, so that leaves us with who ?

Alex Henery - 16 straight FGs :pac:
    Star of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

nerd69 wrote: »
    shhh if we dont speak about it its like the game didnt happen :(

oh it happened alright come on the skins:D

shamrock55 wrote: »

oh it happened alright come on the skins:D
    Skins fans coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden :)

sucks to be talking about the draft already but id love if we got a high enough pick for luke joeckel with him and peters hopefully coming back good as new our o-line would suddenly become a strenght something along the lines of

peters,mathias,kelce,herrimans,joeckel

with watkins able to come in would be pretty awesome put lesean behind that and we could tear it up

personally i would like either him or teo (dont think were gona get geno)

Ps: looks like a relatively ****ty draft this year especially compared to last year

• Advertisement

any other eagles fans think this game is like deja vu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

any other eagles fans think this game is like deja vu
    I'm not an eagles fan but I did watch the condensed version of last weeks game and yes I would agree that there are similarities!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

It is now exactly the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

Nick Foles will get his second start on Monday night against the Panthers with Vick still not cleared to play/practice.

LeSean McCoy is also suffering a concussion, for ****s and giggles.

3-8, here we come.

JerseyJoe wrote: »
    Nick Foles will get his second start on Monday night against the Panthers with Vick still not cleared to play/practice.

LeSean McCoy is also suffering a concussion, for ****s and giggles.

3-8, here we come.
    3-8 could be our best scenario now 4 wins at the end of last year gave us a false hope 3-8 gives us a high draft pick and gets our players motivated to work there asses off during the offseason would you prefer that or to win out the rest if the year narrowly miss the playoffs keep andy ried on and rinse and repeat next year

this game could be interesting im looking forward to seeing what bryce brown can do with more carries looks like he could be a good complimentary one cut back to shady obviously he wont be shady but he looks like he has a lot of potential

im going to call the panthers for this because while they have not been great we've been terrible but i think the offense could play ok today

In the boards picks thing I for the first time picked against the eagles. I have no confidence in the team at the moment. 3-13 wouldn't suprise me one bit. I agree with nerd69 that winning out will give a false record and may give big red a change to stay. I'll watch some of it but all tonight.

I'll listen to 97.5 the fanatic and eagles.com for the pre game show.

this game could be interesting im looking forward to seeing what bryce brown can do with more carries looks like he could be a good complimentary one cut back to shady obviously he wont be shady but he looks like he has a lot of potential

im going to call the panthers for this because while they have not been great we've been terrible but i think the offense could play ok today

called it

15-14 eagles at the half and I fell asleep thinking a miracle was happening but no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

And DeSean is on injured reserved now as well. Why couldn't there be an Andrew Luck in college football this year :-(

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/67399/desean-jacksons-season-is-over

Advertisement