Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Were the Eagles the only team interested in him? 4.40 40 at 6ft7 sounds seriously athletic. Pretty obvious what sort of guys Kelly seems to be going for regardless..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Fenix wrote: »
    Were the Eagles the only team interested in him? 4.40 40 at 6ft7 sounds seriously athletic. Pretty obvious what sort of guys Kelly seems to be going for regardless..

Apparently the saints and a few others were looking

What'll number 4 be eagles fans

Think Joeckel will be gone, unfortunately, and expect the Eagles to go for either Eric Fisher or Dion Jordan.

OLB might not be as big a need with Barwin, Cole, Graham, Curry but Kelly knows him and if hes made a big impression at Oregon he could well stick with Jordan.

With Fisher, I think he'll probably be 'best available' at #4, Still some doubt on Jason Peters after the horror injury, think he just makes sense!

Who do you think we'll pick nerd?

Think Joeckel will be gone, unfortunately, and expect the Eagles to go for either Eric Fisher or Dion Jordan.

OLB might not be as big a need with Barwin, Cole, Graham, Curry but Kelly knows him and if hes made a big impression at Oregon he could well stick with Jordan.

With Fisher, I think he'll probably be 'best available' at #4, Still some doubt on Jason Peters after the horror injury, think he just makes sense!

Who do you think we'll pick nerd?

If fisher is there I think we take it apparently the jags want him no2 if he's not there is like Jordan or star

We do have a lot of olbs but none of them can cover I think Jordan could end up being the best player in the league at covering tight ends as he lined up at nickle cb in college

Ultimately I think we are going to be given a pretty good trade back offer particularly if fisher and jockel are gone the likes of the chargers and dolphins could end up giving the house for lane Johnson

• Advertisement

Pretty happy with our pick lane has HUGE upside and should be at least a very good tackle from the get go

2nd round I want either Jesse Williams, John cyprian or dj swearinger

If we go d-line I'd like a Bacari Rambo or best corner available in rd 3

It's not a need but manti or arther brown (to join his bro) would also be good value picks

I don't want any more offence till round 4 If travis Kelce is there in the 3rd(I doubt he will be) I'd consider him but we have huge potential on offence we need d-linemen an secondary players that can play immediately now

Honestly think that if Geno is still there at #35 over all, Chip will give him serious consideration! Also, if Manti is still around, which I expect him to be, he could represent serious value.

Want either Cyprian or Jesse Williams personally, but think we might end up trading down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Delighted with the pick last night. Once we get Jason Peters back to fitness and pair him with Lane as the bookends we should be able to provide Vick with a stable pocket next year. Herremans moves back to his natural position as a guard and once we get everyone back to fitness we should be much more productive next year.

Anyone else annoyed we've not looked at defence zach ertz looks like a great player but we need players on d

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nerd69 wrote: »
    Anyone else annoyed we've not looked at defence zach ertz looks like a great player but we need players on d

Well the O-line was in poor shape last season so anything to solve that is good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, if we can get Vick some protection, the tools are there for us to become a dangerous, high-scoring team. So, especially with Chip Kelly calling the shots now, I'd say that should be the first priority. Vick still looked a threat at times last year, he only made mistakes when he was forced into rash decisions by the O-line messing up (though that happened a LOT, unfortunately :()

Pretty pleased with those picks for the simple reason that we didnt move around and trade picks trying to jump the order. We waited patiently and took good football players.

Ertz was very productive at Stanford, in a system that relied on the tight end, but given Chip Kelly's experience of matching up against him you'd imagine that he'll know exactly what Ertz is capable of.

With the drafting of lane Johnson, I've tried to predict the starting O-line for this season.

Lane Johnson
    Jason peters
    Todd Herremans
    Evan Mathis
    Jason Kelce

This is baring any injuries or re injuries obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I no longer dislike the Eagles. You're my new 2nd team :)

0ap1000000164750.jpg

Ecstatic with the Barkley decision. Minimum risk for us to take him in the fourth (and we only traded away a seventh) for a player that was widely considered the top prospect last year. USC were a shambles last year with Lane Kiffin clearly inept as the head coach (even taking into account their NCAA sanctions) and while Barkley didnt do great his stats werent much worse than in previous years. If SC had been able to field a half decent defence last year than maybe an extra couple of wins would have meant that Barkley's draft stock wouldnt have fallen so dramatically.

On 97.5 the fanatic in Philly they were talking about Barkley starting week one ? That might be a stretch but they had one expert on who said he was the most NFL ready QB of the lot.

Love the Barkley pick bit disappointed we didn't go Williams somewhere there but pretty happy with this draft

I don't know a lot about our 3 rounder what can ye tell me

Love the Barkley pick bit disappointed we didn't go Williams somewhere there but pretty happy with this draft

I don't know a lot about our 3 rounder what can ye tell me

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/bennie-logan?id=2540163&akcarrier=other&id=2540163&akcarrier=other NFL.com

Thanks easy how do you guys feel about our draft in general

Thanks easy how do you guys feel about our draft in general

Happy with Johnson. Very happy with ertz

• Advertisement

I'd like if we went after kwame geathers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens would happily take Dennis Dixon back if he's cut

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens would happily take Dennis Dixon back if he's cut

Ahh but what picks would ye give for him :)

Could we end up sending foles after ried after all

We got brad wing as an ufa very happy with that pick

cant wait to see our offense this year it should be really fun to watch i think we will have a very heavy run game about 60-70% with lesean mcoy backed up by bryce brown and chris polk/miguel maysonet coming in for a few plays a game

due to this i think our qb situation is being over blown foles or barkley would be ideal as i think we need a game manager as apposed to a game changer

the most important thing is getting our guys on the o-line back to 90-100%

Have to agree with pretty much all of that nerd, our biggest worry will be keeping the O Line healthy, I worry about Peters being able to rediscover his potential tbh.

Think Vick will have a solid season, with Barkley ahead of Foles in the depth chart.

Just can't wait till week 1 now. Exciting times for Eagles fans! New coach with new ideas, I believe they had an excellent draft, and a good while low key free agency.

Also, see Shady and Vick had a 40 yd race behind closed doors at one of the camps, Vick won...

Have to agree with pretty much all of that nerd, our biggest worry will be keeping the O Line healthy, I worry about Peters being able to rediscover his potential tbh.

Think Vick will have a solid season, with Barkley ahead of Foles in the depth chart.

Just can't wait till week 1 now. Exciting times for Eagles fans! New coach with new ideas, I believe they had an excellent draft, and a good while low key free agency.

Also, see Shady and Vick had a 40 yd race behind closed doors at one of the camps, Vick won...

ya heard abour that race cant believe nobody got a camera out but as far as i know vick jumped early and shadys dying for a rerun

i think we potentially have the best group of rbs in the league at this stage

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    With the drafting of lane Johnson, I've tried to predict the starting O-line for this season.

Lane Johnson
    Jason peters
    Todd Herremans
    Evan Mathis
    Jason Kelce

This is baring any injuries or re injuries obviously.

@EaglesInsider: Small sample size caveats, but OL for one set of reps was (L to R): Peters, Watkins, Reynolds, Herremans, Kelly

Wouldn't mind that line bar Watkins.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    @EaglesInsider: Small sample size caveats, but OL for one set of reps was (L to R): Peters, Watkins, Reynolds, Herremans, Kelly

Wouldn't mind that line bar Watkins.

mathias and kelce will be back before the season starts

• Advertisement

mathias and kelce will be back before the season starts

Good but Watkins has to go.

Advertisement