Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI P45 Platinum Problems!

Options
  • 20-03-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if any body else can shed some more light on this for me,
    Bought this mobo back in 08 and have had problems with for years now at this stage but never nothing non recoverable so it wasn't that bothered with replacing it!
    Just usually had to reset the CMOS with the button on the back of the mobo and it would be fine again for another while.
    But now, i'm currently using this in a HTPC and frankly its becoming a pain in the arse!

Basically what happens is you'd be using it as normal or it'd be idling or whatever and all of a sudden it will blue screen or completly freeze and when you reboot the boot drive will have disappeared from the system until you either swap around the sata cables(doesn't always work) or else reset the cmos. Sometimes it even finds the drive starts to boot and then just decides to give up or else take forever to boot!
    In 2010 some time I had originally thought it was the boot drive(Corsair X32) that was the culprit and RMA'd that, got sent out a new one but after a little while it was all the same again!
    I've actually lost count the amount of times I re-installed windows on this with loads of different drives, but the problem always comes back at some stage!

I've updated the both chipsets (ICH10R and JMicron 363) and still problems with both. Seems to crash more on the ICH10R but the JMicron one just becomes un-usably slow and eventually freezes up too!
    BIOS is updated to the latest aswell so i'm thinking all it can be is some problem with the mobo. RAM is perfect btw, memtested that and its all fine!

Anyone heard of anything similar?

This is the board!
    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P45-Platinum---P45-Zilent.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Nobody?

If not, could anyone recommend a new/used 775(Q9300), DDR2(4 slot) board I could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Just for anyone who might come across any problems like this in the future!

I've finally managed to figure out what was causing the problems. :D
    Two Faulty sata cables were the culprits.... sometimes its the simplest things!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Just for anyone who might come across any problems like this in the future!

I've finally managed to figure out what was causing the problems. :D
    Two Faulty sata cables were the culprits.... sometimes its the simplest things!
    Yup i was just going to say i have this board a few years now too and its not given me the slightest hiccup really . Glad to see you have it sorted.

Advertisement