Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armored Core V

Options
  • 20-03-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭

out this friday. never played any of these games despite having a ps1 and ps2 as well as now having a ps3.

it is made by From Software, and due to my love of Dark Souls this has got me interested in this game

any one any experience playing these types of games ? is there a steep learning curve to be able to play online ?

edit : not sure about being allowed to embed youtube clips anymore, please remove if necessary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

last one I played was on PS2. When it got to PS3 they changed the controls around a bit and it threw me off. Still have Masters of Arena around here somewhere. No PS1 to play it on mind you, but I consider that Title to be collectible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Played AC 4 and was unimpressed, the PS1 versions were fun! These ones suck. Badly.

Helix wrote: »

Be fair, thats 1 out of 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if we were out of 10 id probably still have given it .5 - but i liked the intro, so a 0 wouldve been harsh :P

• Advertisement

Its such a pity they suck, I mean they have a fantastic premise. Why can't they make an amazing mech game? Why???????

On a related note OP the online will not be populated for this in about six months, I found I was playing mainly Japanese players, so there was latency issues, honestly avoid, I was hoping this would be good too, but it looks dirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

pity ,

looked interesting , and was hoping it would be good. Ah well , at least €50 saved instead

Picked this up today, not terrible, its not as fast as the last one, online is dead though, no one on.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Talking about mech games

2 games that have caught the eye

MechWarrior and Hawken-Mech look pretty sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

biggest thing i like about this is the difference using the right tools makes in a fight, go in with the wrong ones and you're dead in no time but use the right one and it's a win.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else bought this, could be class with a few people actually playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Old fan of the series so I picked this up but haven't got stuck into it.

Hopefully it's at least reasonably balanced for duelling.

Advertisement