Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Token Meter

Options
  • 20-03-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

I have a prepay token meter and it won't accept the cards. On and off for the last 3 or 4 months it has been a bit iffy putting the cards in. It will only accept them after trying to put them in 5 or 6 times.

When you go out to the meter and open the meterbox the display on the meter will read CARD ERROR before I even try to put a card into it. Normally after a few attempts the cards will go in the ones I bought yesterday I have still not been able to get into it.

I rang the ESB and they said that maybe they were faulty cards to try a different shop which I did and the cards still would not go in. I then rang back again and was told that maybe they too were faulty to try another shop.

I was also told that if it is a fault with the meter which they dont think it is because it says card error that it will take 2-3 days for someone to come out and fix it. I cant understand how the card error on the screen means it cant be fixed its obviously not card error from 2 different shops and its telling me about the error BEFORE any card has been put in....

At the minute my meter is on Emergency credit and there is only 3.80 left on it how the hell am I supposed to last with that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Danois,

Seeing as you bought replacement cards and still experienced this issue, we can organise to send out an ESB Networks technician to look at the meter.

Can you send me, by private message, the Electric Ireland account number, your full name, the address/contact telephone number/date of birth on the account, and if you could confirm that you are the named account-holder.

Thanks and regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭danois

I rang the number you gave me but they said they cant do anything until you send over a request to have it looked at and that no request has been sent yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Checking this out for you at the moment Danois - and we will send you the response by private message.

Regards :)
    Una

Advertisement