Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBC tank - tap adapter

• 20-03-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi - just wondering if anyone knows where I could get one of these. I think paddy got one before but can't find the thread?? Looking for one with the snap-on end for standard garden hoses.
    Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi r ,is this what your looking for:Dponddigger:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Searching for "IBC tap" on Ebay normally does the trick, several different suppliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Not exactly the one I was thinking of ponddigger, paddy147 had one without the brass, just the plastic bit attached directly to the cap. But I imagine that would do the job royally. Thanks. Do you know where I could get one?
    Thanks, civdef, I did look on ebay and saw some but was hoping to get one locally if possible. They seemed a bit pricey.
    Cheers

hi r, made it myself.used cap of 5 gallon drum connected a self tapping tap to plastic cap:Dponddigger:D

Thanks, now to find a 5 gallon drum :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

redser7 wrote: »
    Not exactly the one I was thinking of ponddigger, paddy147 had one without the brass, just the plastic bit attached directly to the cap. But I imagine that would do the job royally. Thanks. Do you know where I could get one?
    Thanks, civdef, I did look on ebay and saw some but was hoping to get one locally if possible. They seemed a bit pricey.
    Cheers

Any farmers co-op should have them.:)

Cheers Paddy

Cheers Paddy

Ponddiggers method of making it yourself is also just as good too though.:)

ponddigger wrote: »
    hi r, made it myself.used cap of 5 gallon drum connected a self tapping tap to plastic cap:Dponddigger:D

5 gallon cap aquired :) Sorry to be dim, but what exactly is a 'self-tapping' tap and how does it go on? Would you also put silicon around it? First time for everything and all that :)

5 gallon cap aquired :) Sorry to be dim, but what exactly is a 'self-tapping' tap and how does it go on? Would you also put silicon around it? First time for everything and all that :)

The metal water stop lever can be bought in any builders providers of plumbers merchants for about 3-4 euro.15mm diameter is what you want.

Drill out a hole with a drill bit or hole saw,to the same diameter as the fitting you have aqquired.

Then screw,thread the metal water stop fitting through the hole in the cap.

Install and tighten up the lock nut onto the water stop fitting and apply a layer of Tech 7 silicone sealent to each side.Tech 7 is instantly waterproof and is safe to use,its also aquariam/fish safe too.:)

You can then get a brass hose connector fitting that you can screw onto the water stop lever.

Job done.:)

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks a lot Paddy

hi p147,well written about tap :Dponddigger:D

bugger, the cap doen't fit. The tank has a fine thread and the cap has a thick thread. Back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CCMYPLAYMATE

any way of connecting these to plastic piping that i already have around the place with taps on walls etc !!!

Advertisement