Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Refund

Options
  • 20-03-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a question about the pension refund form, maybe somebody who has filled it out before can help me out...

I've noticed there's no field for sort code, so when filling out the section marked 'bank account number', is it the regular a/c number to be filled in or did you use the IBAN number?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

pierrot wrote: »
    I have a question about the pension refund form, maybe somebody who has filled it out before can help me out...

Refund of what type of pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Sorry, should have been more specfic, talking about the Japanese pension refund you are entitled to after leaving the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

You'll need your IBAN number and SWIFT code, your banks exact name and address, and you Japanese Pension Handbook. Also a statement from your bank and photocopy of passport. Thats about it I think. Prepare to wait for months for it to be processed by the way too!!

Giruilla wrote: »
    You'll need your IBAN number and SWIFT code, your banks exact name and address, and you Japanese Pension Handbook. Also a statement from your bank and photocopy of passport. Thats about it I think. Prepare to wait for months for it to be processed by the way too!!

Thanks very much for the info! I'm out of the country about 18 months, have to get this in before the 2 year deadline (and the yen is really strong now).

So I'll input the IBAN where it says 'bank account number', but where did you put in the SWIFT? Cheers

Anything about the BIC code? Aaagh, just hate filling out forms.

EDIT: Actually,are they the same thing???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

pierrot wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the info! I'm out of the country about 18 months, have to get this in before the 2 year deadline (and the yen is really strong now).

So I'll input the IBAN where it says 'bank account number', but where did you put in the SWIFT? Cheers

Anything about the BIC code? Aaagh, just hate filling out forms.

EDIT: Actually,are they the same thing???

To be honest I can't remember the exact form.. you have the english version right?

I think BIC and SWIFT are almost the same thing.. I'm not sure though. Its more just a sorting information for your actual bank. The IBAN code relates to your personal bank account. If you check a statement for your bank it will have your IBAN number, and either your SWIFT or BIC.. I think...

If you follow the form it should be straight forward enough. I'd recommend registered post too! Good luck

Sent off there anyway, thanks for your help!

Advertisement