Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man found dead in house on John Street Lower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I heard about that this morning and thought it was incredibly sad. How can you be dead three months and not be missed? He must have led a very lonely life. They said on the news that he was originally from the UK and next of kin had to be informed before his name can be released but he can't have been close to his family or they would have noticed something was up. He musn't have had any friends here either. It's really upsetting to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Such a sad and tragic story. Times are changing, you really would be lucky to know your neighbours these days. It would really make you think, we should all look out for each other. Poor man. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Read this earlier too and thought how sad. Amazing that no-one missed the poor old soul in 3 months, and in a pretty busy location. He put up Christmas lights which makes me think he hoped or expected someone to call over the xmas season - and it was those very lights that eventually led to his body being discovered. I only hope that he wasn't suffering alone for long before he died. RIP

Advertisement