Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fly tipping in an estate

Options
  • 20-03-2012 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I living in a housing estate and there is fly tipping going on in the empty property next door to me. I have emailed the estate agent who had it up for rent they emailed me back to say that they have took the property off they're website and it is nothing to do with them. I then rang the owner who lives in England he said there's nothing much he can do about it. the council were then rang they said its up to the owner to do something. the gardai where rang about the situation and they said there was nothing they could do. has any one else in Donegal had this problem before if so how to I resolve it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Contact your local county Councillor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What's fly tipping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

IPAM wrote: »
    What's fly tipping?

Pulling up with a van trailer and tipping the rubbish / old furniture out of it then flying off as fast as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭210

I would phone the environment office in your local council office and let them know that there is dumping "at the rear of x property". They can follow up with the owner if it turns out to be on private ground. Not sure which section of the council you may have contacted previously but the environment office will be interested. I reported dumping on a public road verge a few weeks ago and they had the location checked and dealt with (cleaned up) within a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Real Slim Lady

thanks for your reply's guys got it all sorted. owner is hiring a skip and getting it clean up

• Advertisement
Advertisement