Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Company finder any good for advertising with ?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on an advertising company called "Company Finder"

Im looking to do some advertising for my business and was told these do great deals?, and have the best hit ratio on the internet ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

Jack 1 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on an advertising company called "Company Finder"

Im looking to do some advertising for my business and was told these do great deals?, and have the best hit ratio on the internet ?

Any input would be appreciated.
    Never heard of them before..... Would be interested to hear what others experiences have been as I am also keen to do a deal..
    Do you have a url for them?..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Who?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jack 1

I have heard a few people saying about them. They have "supposedly" the highest hit ratio on the web for a business directory in Ireland. I had a look there and its on top with the golden pages. Heres the web address http://companyfinder.ie/

I have heard a few people saying about them. They have "supposedly" the highest hit ratio on the web for a business directory in Ireland.
    That is, in real terms, quite meaningless. In terms of brand recognition it is nowhere near Golden Pages and Golden Pages sucks big time as a web directory. You would be better off using Google Adwords to advertise as the Irish web has many of these "best thing since sliced bread" directories. However the key elements for any advertising are traffic and conversion. The low brand recognition means that the site will be reliant on search engine traffic for the bulk of its traffic. It will also be up against better advertised directories like whatswhat.ie who would have a far higher brand recognition.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

strange that the bulk of traffic is actually looking for golden pages their competitor.. lawl

Wow, i really dont have a cue about some of this. So is the search engine traffic useless ?

Wow, i really dont have a cue about some of this. So is the search engine traffic useless ?
    No. It is the volume of search engine traffic that matters. The difference in the Alexa ratings in the links above shows the massive difference between the Golden Pages website (a highly used site) and the Company Finder website (if Alexa indications are correct, very low use).

Regards...jmcc

Thanks for your input dude. I basically want to have my company in the top 10 of a Google search, just so i can gain the traffic from Google. I enquired about this service with Golden Pages, and they said they can create the page for me, but they do not give any guarantee that my search will be in the top 10 of Google. Apparently to be on the top of the search, the only service they provide is the Google Adsense, which tbh, i do not have the money to fork out on. €6,000-€12,000 a year. Still, there is no guarantee a high volume of traffic. I was told that as soon as you stop paying for something like that, your wiped completely off the Google search.

With Company Finder, they have a similar deal, but with some kind of "green seo" service. So does this mean ill be solid in the top ten, unless competition comes with requested key words related to my business ? However, the prices for these are well within my budget, and nearly as cheap as chips.

Thanks for your help btw, im just hopeless with this stuff, and have a headache trying to understand it all. Your input is appreciated.

Dilemma.............. :-/

nobody, nobody,nobody, nobody, nobody can "guarantee" you a top 10 google place. If anyone who says that they can guarantee it is an online version of the wallet inspector.

You can get to the top by doing good SEO on your site, having good quality information that people are interested in, good inwards links, and so on.

Have a read of this link and also read their blog, http://www.redflymarketing.com/search-engine-optimisation/

I've no connection with the company but I know they do good things in this space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Nuttzz wrote: »
    nobody, nobody,nobody, nobody, nobody can "guarantee" you a top 10 google place.

I guarantee YOU top10 place for 1 billion euros .. pwnd

I guarantee YOU top10 place for 1 billion euros .. pwnd

What payment methods do you accept. Will a cheque do :)

I have heard a few people saying about them. They have "supposedly" the highest hit ratio on the web for a business directory in Ireland. I had a look there and its on top with the golden pages. Heres the web address http://companyfinder.ie/

Hi Jack, that link does not work, well not on my pc anyway :confused:

I had a look at the link you provided, and i have found out that they are useful if i do not have my own website.

I had a look at both links you sent me there, what does it mean if an Irish company has Indian and American traffic according to Alexa, when Company Finder just has Irish traffic ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hugebogtotter

Jack I am very confused on what you are looking for.
    What do you want to be a top 10 listing in google for exactly? Is it a certain keyword, your company name, your industry sector???
    I don't think you fully understand SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
    Google adsense is ads that would run on your own website and if people click on these adverts google pays you.
    Google adwords is when you advertise through google using certain keywords. Your budget on such campaigns can be as low as 1 cent per day.
    If many companies are bidding for the same keywords then a bidding war will decide which ads rank where on the google search engine.
    Personally I would stay a mile clear most online directories. Especially one which seems to have a Page Rank of 2 like the one you asked about.
    Concentrate on your own site. Ensure you got good content on what you do. Dip your toe in the water with google adwords and install google analytics on your site so that you can track where your traffic is coming from and what people are doing once they reach your site.
    Feel free to send me a PM if you want some assistance on this. If I had more specific information on your business I might be able to guide you a little bit better.

Hey, sorry i actually meant Google Adwords. Its very complicated !! :-/
    I myself am launching a small take-away, and i would like to be in the top 10 with some key words related to this type of business.

The reason i dont have a webpage is simply got to do with my budget. So thats why i am looking for a service which provides a created webpage and which pushes that page with keywords in the Google search engine. I also have no time to be messing around with this stuff.

If you dont have a web page you cannot get onto google.

If you have static web page that is pumped full of keywords, google will look at it as just that and rank it poorly (i.e. wont be anywhere near the top 10)

You'd be better of on a platform like just-eat.ie rather than trying to go down the route you seem to want to go down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hugebogtotter

Hey, sorry i actually meant Google Adwords. Its very complicated !! :-/
    I myself am launching a small take-away, and i would like to be in the top 10 with some key words related to this type of business.

The reason i dont have a webpage is simply got to do with my budget. So thats why i am looking for a service which provides a created webpage and which pushes that page with keywords in the Google search engine. I also have no time to be messing around with this stuff.

Whatever your business I personally think it is near unforgivable in this day and age not to have your own website.
    There is no point paying for an online directory listing if you cannot measure the results.
    The only way to measure results properly is to have your own site and a tracking system to see where traffic is coming from.
    I think what you should probably do is create a basic website for starters. This is a free option http://www.gettingbusinessonline.ie/getstarted
    Ensure to start a google places account and link it to the site. This should help you get a higher ranking within your locality.
    Then if you want to rank high on google you either pay for it (Adwords) or work constantly on your site. So why not add a blog to your site and write on all kinds of relevant topics from " The Best Chipper in (Wherever you are located) or why not go out with the delivery driver and do a funny video on The fastest take-away service in (Wherever you are located)
    Do this once a week even and it will prove worthwhile in the long-run.
    The likes of Justeat is another option but take on board they will take a percentage commission of whatever orders come your way.
    Long-run I think you should consider setting up your own take-away shop on your own website so that customers can log directly on to your site and place their order or if they are more comfortable they could call you.
    This could in itself be a unique selling point given the nature of your business.
    I have noticed recently most Irish hotels are fighting back and offering customers the opportunity to book directly through their sites having outsourced this and forfeited commission for years to the likes of hotels.com and bookings.com
    Justeat are the hotels.com of your industry. Eventually you will be able to order directly online from nearly all take-aways.

I had a look at both links you sent me there, what does it mean if an Irish company has Indian and American traffic according to Alexa, when Company Finder just has Irish traffic ?
    If it is targeting a global audience, nothing. However some sites will try to artificially increase their Alexa ratings by using the services of people involved in search engine optimisation. The more dubious of these use networks of computers with the Alexa browser plug-in so that it would appear to Alexa based on traffic, that the site is more popular than it is in reality. The problem with such traffic is that it does not necessarily convert into business for the site.

The global statistics by country on Alexa are very inaccurate. On my main site, the top country by traffic is USA (approx 30% of all traffic). But Alexa gets it very wrong.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Zaza74

However some sites will try to artificially increase their Alexa ratings by using the services of people involved in search engine optimisation.

I think Goldenpages is one of them, traffic from
    Poland
    United Kingdomndia
    Canada
    United States
    why on earth lads from India would search Irish directory so intensively ? :)))
    and rank is so high 96,834

cheers

Advertisement