Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good bbq places in dublin

Options
  • 20-03-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

in the mood for some american style bbq anyone know anywhere good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

As far as I know, there are none. Unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sounds like we might have a gap in the market there! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

A lot of pubs/clubs are doing BBQ food in the smoking areas if that's any used. Not quite the full whack but if you had a hankering for a barbecued burger or sausage you could do worse. D2 do one, right? Grand Social does too....and loads of others I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Are they not doing that in the Porterhouse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

The Church on Mary Street has one in Summer. Its really nice. I think it was onthe other night whe I was in, but Im not sure. It would be very early in the year if it was - but it is in a sheltered area, so maybe. The food always smells AMAZING. Very tasty too.

• Advertisement

there's a big difference in an American style BBQ restaurant and what passes for a BBQ in Ireland. Try watching a few episodes of Man V's Food and tell me a couple of burnt sausages in the back garden of a dublin pub is anything even remotely similar. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

vibe666 wrote: »
    there's a big difference in an American style BBQ restaurant and what passes for a BBQ in Ireland. Try watching a few episodes of Man V's Food and tell me a couple of burnt sausages in the back garden of a dublin pub is anything even remotely similar. :D

We have nothing like almost any of the joints featured in that show. Always makes me sad though my waistline is surely happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Closest thing you can get is Thunderroad Café and Hard Rock Café. Both do baby back ribs/chicken wings/combos.

snappieT wrote: »
    Closest thing you can get is Thunderroad Café and Hard Rock Café. Both do baby back ribs/chicken wings/combos.
    that's like someone saying they'd really like to seduce a supermodel and you offering them a go at twink! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Every Thursday evening in Darkey Kellys on Fishamble St there is a free BBQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Whats this lads aussie bbq found it on groupon, a 1lb burger or pulled pork roll and fries for a fiver, here's the groupon link and the website
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/aussie-bbq/7036956

http://aussiebbq.ie/

Anyone been here, dying to find out what its like sounds sexy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Whats this lads aussie bbq found it on groupon, a 1lb burger or pulled pork roll and fries for a fiver, here's the groupon link and the website
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/aussie-bbq/7036956

http://aussiebbq.ie/

Anyone been here, dying to find out what its like sounds sexy :o

Went there for father's day, we tried nearly the whole menu between the 6 of us :P Really yummy food, definitely recommend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Went there for father's day, we tried nearly the whole menu between the 6 of us :P Really yummy food, definitely recommend :D

Is it a takeaway or restaurant or more like the Woolshed an Aussie Bar? Would a group stay there for the night or just dinner?

Is it a takeaway or restaurant or more like the Woolshed an Aussie Bar? Would a group stay there for the night or just dinner?

It's a restaurant, they have bar-style seating at the front where the bbq is and a load of booths in the back. I was there at 12p.m. when it was just open for the day, but they're open until 5a.m. so I'd say they have a good atmosphere going at night :)

It's a restaurant, they have bar-style seating at the front where the bbq is and a load of booths in the back. I was there at 12p.m. when it was just open for the day, but they're open until 5a.m. so I'd say they have a good atmosphere going at night :)
    so did anyone finish one of those great white burgers 1lb burger cant wait to get my hands on that not even gonna chew waiting on this poxy voucher from groupon thought ya get it when enough was bought but have to wait till the deal ends argh.

so did anyone finish one of those great white burgers 1lb burger cant wait to get my hands on that not even gonna chew waiting on this poxy voucher from groupon thought ya get it when enough was bought but have to wait till the deal ends argh.

I don't remember seeing that on the menu, but then I wasn't looking for a burger :P I tried my dad's half pounder which was really nice, and the Bondi ribs and pulled pork was lovely too :)

I don't remember seeing that on the menu, but then I wasn't looking for a burger :P I tried my dad's half pounder which was really nice, and the Bondi ribs and pulled pork was lovely too :)
    Aww stop my mouth is watering here can't wait to try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Can anyone tell me how aussie BBQ is now? still going? im desperate to try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how aussie BBQ is now? still going? im desperate to try it out

I went last month, it's delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Yes - highly recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

EdenHazard wrote: »

Have been a couple of times. Delish and very reasonably priced in my opinion.

Only complaint I would have is it that it's not central enough in town for me to go that often. Bit of extra effort for me to get there but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

It's good, I don't dispute that.

But an American-style BBQ restaurant, it is not :(

Advertisement