Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan map - Who is around us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Nody wrote: »
    We don't have a nap with R-R.

ok. cancel move request :)

i know things change nightly, but would it be possible to inform the rest of the clan what is going on with pacts and such and our plans.
    its kind of boring just turning up every night and being told where to fight without knowing why or for what.
    Of course we trust the leadership decisions and you cant have everyone making plans , but it would make the game more interesting for the common soldier to know where we were going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I asked during in-game chat and got told what was happening that way.
    Not sure how secure it would be to have plans laid out here 24 hours or so in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

First. How about NAP with R-R.
    Second. We do earn gold from all.
    Third. Yes we should advance and take more land because we definetly need more gold.
    Fourth. I think we should make more NAP's because we can sleep easier.
    Fifth. If we are breaking NAP we should say to the other clan at least 24 hours earlier. I think that's the only fair thing to do.
    Sixth. Every member should gain an explanation of what's happening tonight ( if he asks )
    Seventh. I am super bored at hospital so i have a lot of time to think about WoT and other irrelevant things so i kind of am developing some stronger opinion ( i hope you'll not call me stupid and kill all my opinions )
    Eight. Whenever we are attacking we should check the number of tanks we could play with and decide if we should attack because we already control 4 lands which have to be defended. Therefore i am offering my acc details if you need a tank to play. I currently only own a T30 but better times are coming. Xperiaboros knows my acc details and if you need my acc details you can ask him before the match but if you want to contact me personally you can find me on facebook ( Benjamin Lovric )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    ok. cancel move request :)

i know things change nightly, but would it be possible to inform the rest of the clan what is going on with pacts and such and our plans.
    its kind of boring just turning up every night and being told where to fight without knowing why or for what.
    Of course we trust the leadership decisions and you cant have everyone making plans , but it would make the game more interesting for the common soldier to know where we were going
    Well I'll put it like this, to date we've not decided were to go as much as people attacking us have "forced" us to take their land (i.e. attack us and you lose all your land is the current attitude we're playing and telling to the clans around us which is also why we want after CSA last night to kick them off for example). The reason for this is simple, we want to be known that we're not going to be a dick but if you do attack us expect to pay for it. Current situation is simple, we're allied with the Frenchies in the south in a NAP (part of this deal is an attack we're doing tonight). We got a NAP with D-BS (which are by far our biggest risk as they got almost 100% tanks available) and FEAR. Coming from south is SIEG which if they push north can cause some major pain for us though. This means we're currently relatively safe in our current position bar one or two clans.

As for current plans, they are simple, east and north to get further away from the landing zones. You may how ever have noted that there are at least 3 larger alliances formed up to our east/north east which we need to be aware about. If they consolidate into the area(s) we want to go we'll have a very long fight on our hands. They are still far enough away not to worry to much but they are on the horizon no question about it.

As for getting more gold, there is only one answer to that, get out of Africa. Africa is NEVER going to make us gold of any noticeable quantity; Africa is only a training zone for people to learn tactics, deal with tank freeze and practice and grind out more tanks (as we're running low most nights on tanks we want and this is with out a bad night...). If you want gold then we need to look at Europe again (and we're not there yet as a clan) or hold 20+ pieces of land including the 1200 gold once (which intentionally are set up to be easy to be attacked). In essence this is practice guys. Yes, we're the sort of big fish were we are at the moment but look at the zones around us, they are not exactly 4k gold zones; we're a big fish in a small pond. Now we need to work on to become a medium sized fish in the large pond instead.

If we want to go there then having 115 or so T10s will not be enough nor will people's lack of discipline (I'm still hearing pretty much every night people going the wrong way after the tactic has been explained three times and not even talking about TS comms discipline). Hence I'd say lets get another few pieces of land and settle down for a routine of practice and training rather then attacking at nights. It will allow us to unlock tanks for when we need them/gets attacked and most importantly we can practice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    yep. we are earning from all. you dont need to be directly touching the HQ. only connected.
    Have we any deal with CTU? . if not we should move HQ to center Quest region as i belive we have NAPs with R-R , scorpions and 501

Yep - silly me reading rules wrong (they have it worded very strangely).

Regarding our NAP's - yes we do have a few there, and the likes of 501 are probably handy to keep on our side.

Lithuania on the other hand are merely causing a big gap in our land (and their zone would be a nice spot for our HQ to keep it protected.

I agree we should inform them them, but any alliances we should have should really be only for our own benefit. When it stops being a benefit it becomes and annoyance.

It may be greedy, but we're in a position here to take a good bit of land around where we're situated right now, and I think we'd be safe enough to expand north wards as Dan says, while keeping our southern NAP's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yep - silly me reading rules wrong (they have it worded very strangely).

Regarding our NAP's - yes we do have a few there, and the likes of 501 are probably handy to keep on our side.

Lithuania on the other hand are merely causing a big gap in our land (and their zone would be a nice spot for our HQ to keep it protected.

I agree we should inform them them, but any alliances we should have should really be only for our own benefit. When it stops being a benefit it becomes and annoyance.

It may be greedy, but we're in a position here to take a good bit of land around where we're situated right now, and I think we'd be safe enough to expand north wards as Dan says, while keeping our southern NAP's.
    Offer them to swap for Northen Kayes; same gold but they got easier clans to attack for more land (all along our western border) and we get a better defender to our west. Reason I'd like to keep them around is that I expect FEAR will fold when put under pressure, LTU so far has managed better. This will also keep us looking like good guys while allowing us to start our march north/east easier (and 96g a day is not exactly a staggering amount of gold...).

Offer them to swap for Northen Kayes; same gold but they got easier clans to attack for more land (all along our western border) and we get a better defender to our west. Reason I'd like to keep them around is that I expect FEAR will fold when put under pressure, LTU so far has managed better. This will also keep us looking like good guys while allowing us to start our march north/east easier (and 96g a day is not exactly a staggering amount of gold...).

I wouldn't mind that.

At the moment we're acting as their 'big brother' so to speak, protecting their land from nearly all sides!

I'd rather we kept our land in a more structured order, and let them fend for themselves (with a helping hand should they require it at times of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

By the way, it seems that LTU is part of Hydra Allience which holds Norway and Sweden. Just informing.

By the way, it seems that LTU is part of Hydra Allience which holds Norway and Sweden. Just informing.

Well we'll worry about that if we ever get Euopean land.

Although Africa doesn't earn much, I think its definitely giving us a good grounding on the mechanics of this side of CW (actually having land long term, and no landing battles).

It does mean that for the most part, having CW battles is going to be severely restricted, so we'll have to start entering the other competitions around to keep the clans interest going IMO.

Hopefully we can make a few friends down here, keep them, and use that to our advantage should we move from Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

ya to be honest we should be doing things clan wise but the majority arent up for it , amount of times i've set up company battles after cw for only 6 of us to join is unreal , people have no intrest in doing things like that , or the clan tournament ect , fairly ****e tbh the lack of interest loads of guys in the clan have for the clan

• Advertisement

Well push has come to shove and we need to take out CTU and make that push happen before the large clans (and CTU) stops us from going north/east. I'm not overly happy with were EPA is going with their clan atm and I got a feeling CTU will bring a new level of pain to the game.

Well it simplifies things with LTU gone. What to do though? Attack CTU?

501 want us to attack R_R and place chips early to let our intention known to give them a hand as they feel they're gonna be attacked by them and the Germans tomorrow.

In my opinion, we have to have western mopti, too.

Ok I have agreed a NAP with CTU.

It is for an indefinite period, with the option for either clan to end it giving 3 days notice of the intention to attack.

This gives us the opportunity to concentrate on helping our friends, the 501 by attacking R_R.

I want Western Mopti too. But it will have to wait for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Arrawin

I suggest we should head south to Western Ghana, it generates 1200 gold per day. Then we should take the 3 pieces of land that surround it, and then expand from there. That my friends is real gold. It is bordering a landing zone, but i think its definitely worth it. If someone is gonna have the kinda income why not us ? I noticed our old rivals IC have a 1200 gold per day chunk of real estate in North Africa.

Just to let everyone know, we will be attacking Upper Western Ghana tonight. R_R

Its a favour for our French friends, so lets kiss ass.

I hope they'll send us some fries. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Just to let everyone know, we will be attacking Upper Western Ghana tonight. R_R

Its a favour for our French friends, so lets kiss ass.

Kiss ass?????????? :rolleyes:

Kiss ass?????????? :rolleyes:

Ha ha!! Damn iPhone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Think we've found a lil something out about dub today, he likes our french friends a lot ;)

Anyway will hopefully be able to actually get on WoT tonight.

• Advertisement

cro_bully wrote: »
    I hope they'll send us some fries. :D
    Except it is from Belgium... but we'll take a bottle of champagne instead ;)

Ha ha!! Damn iPhone!!

Lol i was sitting scratching my head, big time :p:D

Except it is from Belgium... but we'll take a bottle of champagne instead ;)

Well they are called french. I would like some cheese too. And that french bread. You know the long one ( at least in croatia we call it french)

cro_bully wrote: »
    Well they are called french. I would like some cheese too. And that french bread. You know the long one ( at least in croatia we call it french)
    Full length baguette? Also so did the Americans, hence why they had "freedom fries" in their Senates canteen for two years...

French fries, with garlic sauce and cheddar cheese, Mmmmmmmmm
    U lot have me drooling at the mouth dam u.:p

Ok I have agreed a NAP with CTU.

It is for an indefinite period, with the option for either clan to end it giving 3 days notice of the intention to attack.

This gives us the opportunity to concentrate on helping our friends, the 501 by attacking R_R.

I want Western Mopti too. But it will have to wait for now.

I am sorry to say this Dub but this was the worst thing you have done, we are after working hard to get certain deals done, naps and work on potential alliances were in place and discussions were in work, Now an alliance of 4-5 clans are attacking CTU (clans we were talking to) and we cant do anything to help them only watch, the 1 piece of land that we needed was western mopti and we have now gave it up to a member of a 4 clan alliance who we had no bloddy relationship with. and are all over our north.
    Why was this done without knowing who we had talked to over last few days. CTU are as good as gone and we are hiding behind a promise of 3 days notification, i never heard anything so stupid so far in this game and believe cause of this we are going to be protrayed as a clan that are scared to commit and as a result no major alliance would thouch.

Us v alliance of 4-5 never going to work out well for us.

Indeed, every region of CTU is getting attacked by a clan, then it's probably our turn next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I am sorry to say this Dub but this was the worst thing you have done, we are after working hard to get certain deals done, naps and work on potential alliances were in place and discussions were in work, Now an alliance of 4-5 clans are attacking CTU (clans we were talking to) and we cant do anything to help them only watch, the 1 piece of land that we needed was western mopti and we have now gave it up to a member of a 4 clan alliance who we had no bloddy relationship with. and are all over our north.

Fionn, the Scorpian clan and the Italians were looking for more land and EPA were coming down this way anyway. They are on to CTU because they are relatively weak not because of a grand alliance, imo.

Ideally, we should have a strong clan sitting in Western Mopti, they get all round protection in return for helping defend our states.

Why was this done without knowing who we had talked to over last few days. CTU are as good as gone and we are hiding behind a promise of 3 days notification, i never heard anything so stupid so far in this game and believe cause of this we are going to be protrayed as a clan that are scared to commit and as a result no major alliance would thouch.

Us v alliance of 4-5 never going to work out well for us.

Don't agree Fionn. With all due respect we have been involved in talks with a fair few clans over the past couple of days, and we needed to help the 501 (the only clan that have asked). I discussed this yesterday / Friday with the others that were on at the time.

In order to do this, the NAP with CTU has given us time to not spread ourselves too thin and lose too many tanks.

There's no rush. Mopti is the one province I want to complete our little zone - though at the moment I must say I'm tempted by taking R_R and their friends, EAS land from them.

Personally I don't give a sh1t who or what is attacking CTU at the moment - we won't be helping them defend, and I have a 3 day reneg clause on the NAP.

I'd also like to state that the 3 day clause only works if I decide to keep to my word - but it may be more valuable to ignore it and take the land maybe tomorrow - depending on how their battles fair out tonight.

• Advertisement

Don't agree Fionn. With all due respect we have been involved in talks with a fair few clans over the past couple of days, and we needed to help the 501 (the only clan that have asked). I discussed this yesterday / Friday with the others that were on at the time.

In order to do this, the NAP with CTU has given us time to not spread ourselves too thin and lose too many tanks.

There's no rush. Mopti is the one province I want to complete our little zone - though at the moment I must say I'm tempted by taking R_R and their friends, EAS land from them.

Personally I don't give a sh1t who or what is attacking CTU at the moment - we won't be helping them defend, and I have a 3 day reneg clause on the NAP.

I'd also like to state that the 3 day clause only works if I decide to keep to my word - but it may be more valuable to ignore it and take the land maybe tomorrow - depending on how their battles fair out tonight.
    To late, all CTU land is lost. Mopti is taken by RDA and their allies are north of us, their south allies are SIEG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement