Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan map - Who is around us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nody wrote: »
    To late, all CTU land is lost. Mopti is taken by RDA and their allies are north of us, their south allies are SIEG.

So I see. No biggie really.

Mopti would have been lost tonight either way, be it by us or RDA taking it (which would be reneging on our NAP). At least this way we haven't entered into a number of battles this evening and possibly lost a crap load of tanks to RDA - we don't know their strength.

If us - it would have meant this whole agreement with SIEG would be out the window, and we'd be leaving ourselves open to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Fionn, the Scorpian clan and the Italians were looking for more land and EPA were coming down this way anyway. They are on to CTU because they are relatively weak not because of a grand alliance, imo.

Ideally, we should have a strong clan sitting in Western Mopti, they get all round protection in return for helping defend our states.

Well why were we asked to be involved in the mass attack on CTU by scorpions? Ohh and by the way, scorpions, EPA and FROG are all friends.

We could have had western mopti tonight, but now we have to attack the italian clan to get it, the same italian clan that are in an alliance with the 3 clans to their north and left.

As of tonight i found out it dosent matter if we lose all our land and are kicked out of western africa and also it makes more sense to attack a clan who are in a 5 clan alliance rather than attack a clan who are not allied to anyone. :rolleyes::confused:

Seemingly we are strong enough to def ourselves against 3 clans if they attack us at same time yet we were worried enough to give CTU a nap who got wiped out in 1 night by 4 clans, :confused: but our bravo says we can def against a 3 clan attack if it comes. :confused:

We dont want to sit in NAP land yet we work dam hard to get a load of NAPs with other clans every night. :confused:

we can make snap decisions without knowing all the facts or other conversations that happened in the past, makes sense :D:confused:

Fionn - that is NOT what I said tonight and you know it.

Hindsight is always 20:20 - but really, who cares that wew don't have Mopti tonight?? I personally don't.

I don't see us sitting on the land we currently have forever, this is a game after all, and games must be played.

Who's to say the better group to be aligned with don't look at us from the east?

Just because these guys have come to us first, doesn't mean that we should immediately take every NAP we're offered.

If we want to take Western Mopti - I'm all for going ahead and taking it.

Chickens won't attack us, and SIEG can't (and we've have an agreement with them).

The only ones that can are ITA and RDA. Therefore I'd be happy to take mopti, and even give up Southern Hich Ed Charqi or whatever its called.

This map will evolve for some time yet. And this isn't all about gold either (the land we hold earns shag all anyway). Its about the competition - and right now we're competitive, and we should keep that competitive edge by fighting.

The best way we can ward off other clans, is by showing them we can beat anyone. And so far I don't recall us losing a single battle since we moved to Western Africa. We've been doing bloody good, and I'd like to keep it that way.

We can't suddenly stop having CW battles.

Personally, I'm not afraid of any clan around us, and if we get attacked, we get attacked so be it, we deal with it then.

We look very strong to any outside clan right now, and if we want to take any zone near us, we can pretty much do so with impunity.

We haven't been attacked in days, which I personally believe to be a sign of our strength / fear factor with other clans.

And Fionn - I wasn't trying to argue with you on TS - I had 1 opinion, you had another. What you said does make sense, but in my opinion, only if this was about keeping decently earning gold provinces, of which we have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Well why were we asked to be involved in the mass attack on CTU by scorpions? Ohh and by the way, scorpions, EPA and FROG are all friends.
    Because Scorpions, Frogs and EPA all have lands close to one another. This sort of proves that Scorpions are playing it by ear. EPA and Frog don't want to come all the way over here anyway, not with that tank freezing, they'd be mad.
    We could have had western mopti tonight, but now we have to attack the italian clan to get it, the same italian clan that are in an alliance with the 3 clans to their north and left.
    Here's to hopeing the Scorpions take the bull by the horns and cop on to the benefits of camping there. They have the tanks, active players and chips to back us up, we'd be there for a year!

I don't want to comment any more on discussions I'm not involved in, but I want to thank you Fionn for allowing me to reply and put in my two cents.

Ok all done and finished, like i said i argued my point and can see why i did, it makes sense in my mind, if i am out voted then i can accept that and move on, i only think of things that i see and maybe i over panicked. Its because i want us to remain in western africa, poor provinces or not, lol for me a little gold per day is better than no gold, i seen how quick CTU were kicked off the face of africa and felt that could happen to us if a load of clan attacked us at same time :o maybe as bruff said i was being too negative. :o

• Advertisement

Ok all done and finished, like i said i argued my point and can see why i did, it makes sense in my mind, if i am out voted then i can accept that and move on, i only think of things that i see and maybe i over panicked. Its because i want us to remain in western africa, poor provinces or not, lol for me a little gold per day is better than no gold, i seen how quick CTU were kicked off the face of africa and felt that could happen to us if a load of clan attacked us at same time :o maybe as bruff said i was being too negative. :o

I'll update that map in the morning, and put in our stats as comparison with the rest. I forget, but I think we have nearly 3 times the tier tens CTU had and more players.

I'll update that map in the morning, and put in our stats as comparison with the rest. I forget, but I think we have nearly 3 times the tier tens CTU had and more players.

We're a hell of a lot better than RDA too. -ITA- however are quite decent...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Few things to add; we got twice the T10s as CTU (110ish vs 60ish) if I remember correctly. The thing is though Africa is only a practice area. We own 5 provinces (and one we're due to give away) which give us about 300 gold a night; a European landing zone is worth 240 gold; one zone in is 480 gold.

In short, this is a practice area for politics (and building a good name for ourselves), for learning tank freeze tactics/counter tactics and most importantly for us to practice (training room and tactics).

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Considering the above and the fact we are using Africa as a training ground. i had a look around to see where we should go for long term.
    Europe is a bit of a lock with the big clans, east africa is yet to open. Specifically Saudi arabia.
    in the map below, Clan 42 hold 6 provinces that generate 14k gold per day.
    So i suggest we head east from where we are following the arrow. if we get knocked off the map, just enter the landing zones A and B. secure a few provinces and wait for east africa / saudi to open.
    saudi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

We're a hell of a lot better than RDA too. -ITA- however are quite decent...

There's also Italian Afrika Korps. Three Italian clans quite close to one another.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aenaes wrote: »
    There's also Italian Afrika Korps. Three Italian clans quite close to one another.
    They confirmed their alliance last night (all clans got same color) along with Iron Chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I agree with fragit , going into the gulf is a good idea

Could one of the mods update the first post with the new map linked here..

Edit; Thanks Dan

I agree with fragit , going into the gulf is a good idea

You both realise that battles in gulf are at 5pm ? would we have people online at that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

You both realise that battles in gulf are at 5pm ? would we have people online at that time?

Did not realise that at all :P

actually knew that and completly forgot about it while looking around the map :mad:
    but where we are now are supposed to 7pm and we usually fight at 8.30 +
    Is it just the landing battles that are on at 5pm ???

So, we find ourselves at the arse end of an axis.

Do we join the Italians and Huns, or do we try and rely on some help from or French/Belgian freinds down south and join the alliance the Scorps are in?

That will have to wait until tomorrow anyway.

An attack is probably coming tonight, and we're going to have to drop our two northern lands and try and hold our central one. imo.

Sort out an alliance fast then.

It's just getting interesting, I don't want to go anywhere. :)

No we wouldn't Fionn, good point.

Fragit - if only 1 clan attacks a zone, the battles would be 5.30~. The latest they would be is around 6.30 which is still very early.

Eh, any chance of a few more chips down? :)

Never mind, we are lucky!!

Maintenance is being held on Clan Wars and Global Map from 14:00 UTC, 26 March. Clan Wars and Global Map will return at 14:00 UTC, 27 March.

501 - we have a strong relationship with them, and we will be honouring it.

SIEG / HUHN - Initially wanted to take 501's provinces, and are in a NAP / Alliance with the -ITA- and RDA. RDA had threatened to attack us, so SIEG and Iron Chickens could join provinces.

I would not agree to giving up 3 provinces, and leaving 501 exposed from the north. I agreed to give up the 2 northern most provinces: Northern Kayes & Southern Hodh Ech Chargui to allow them passage through to each other, but still protect 501.

We agree'd that between us we could take out RHINO and FEAR to the west, let SIEG move north along our west side to join with HUHN, and then we could share SIEG's former southern provinces with 501.

We are awaiting to hear back from HUHN - but the signs are good as SIEG think the plan is a good one, and keeps everyone happy. SIEG have respect for us as we've been true to our word with them, but they also realise we won't reneg on our agreement with 501 - this makes us trustworthy, and they respect that.

This would also place the Italian clans in a position where they could not attack us due to their agreement with both SIEG & HUHN.

Discussed the possible formation of a large alliance along the South Western region of Africa, and basically hold a huge section of the map between us all - but this is a discussion for another day.

The agreement would work sort of like the picture below!
    5cc0c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Guys one diggresion. We made 1000 views :) i am proud :)

A big thanks to all involved in the negotiations. I can see a lot of very annoyed Hunn & ITA players who thought they were going to be able to put their alliance to great use in battle. :)

will we not end up too close to the landing zones with this plan?
    on the plus side though, we would be in reach of that 1200 gpd province.
    where do the scorpions fit in?

A big thanks to all involved in the negotiations. I can see a lot of very annoyed Hunn & ITA players who thought they were going to be able to put their alliance to great use in battle. :)

There was no way I was letting us be a push over and renege on our alliance with 501. We have to stand our ground and show other clans than not only are we trustworthy and honourable - but we mean business.

We earned some respect today I think. Whether it backfires on us, only time will tell, but I'm happy :)

There was many a disagreement / heated discussion over the last 2 days, particularly involving myself, Bruff & Fionn (who basically both swapped opinions!), but I believe I / we made the right decision.
    ZZR1100 wrote: »
    will we not end up too close to the landing zones with this plan?
    on the plus side though, we would be in reach of that 1200 gold province.
    where do the scorpions fit in?

We have an agreement with Scorpions, and the option is still on thee table to join their alliance at some stage. But for the time being we'll concentrate West with SIEG / HUHN and 501.

Sure moving south may leave us open to attack from the landing zones, but if we just leave 1 or 2 provinces there to get attacked on purpose it will actually give us something to do while we NAP with all our alliances :)

But 1 step at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

So we seem to have been screwed over by ITA/RDA tonight. We were meant to have a NAP/Alliance with them no? What happened, did they just screw us over or did the NAP get dissolved / run out?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

If i followed right, we are just moving out of their way. Maybe?

If i followed right, we are just moving out of their way. Maybe?
    Nope, backstabbed by RDA and no agreement was ever finalized with the rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Just had a bloody power cut so can't help out on the defense tonight. Good luck guys.

Well, we knew they were coming. Tried a last minute try. Just annoying that we couldn't defend the distraction point where RDA were going to be told to hit.

In a way this is a better position to be in, we only have to deal with one at a time now. :)

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Nope, backstabbed by RDA and no agreement was ever finalized with the rest...

RDA are the weakest of their alliance, we WILL be attacking them tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement