Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Xperia S

• 20-03-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Really liking the look of this phone and wondered if anyone out there has it yet and what their thoughts are so far with it.

I also wondered how people felt on the Sony Android UI....is it any good? I see mention that its a little lighter than for example Sense from HTC and its a little closer to a stock Android UI. I am not a rooter as I really don’t have the time so would like something that’s just good to go from the start

Also I see that this phone is €149 with Meteor on Billpay and that’s 30 quid cheaper than the HTC Rhyme but the Xperia is a far superior phone. I wonder why they are selling it at that price or is it that HTC phones are overpriced? (BTW its cheap on O2 as well but their price plans are shocking and over double what you could get with Meteor)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Having a preceding phone(x10) I can say that the SE(now Sony) UI is nice, not perfect but not nearly as bad as SE software as old(Programming has always been their downfall). Timescape(Social Media Tool) is nice and some use it, I decided to abandon it eventually but it works. Recently I switched to GO Launcher for added functionality and it worked perfectly as most launchers do, so switching is easy(You may need root but at least with the x10 this doesnt require flashing just 30seconds with SuperOneClick).

The only possible problem I see is with the buttons, but I doubt thats an issue as only a few have complained about it.

Will have some spending power after my birthday at the end of the month and I'm strongly considering the S(Camera+1GB are the big points for me).

Oh yeah, there's already a thread in Mobiles and PDA's if you wanna check there(maybe a merge mods).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

ED E wrote: »
    Having a preceding phone(x10) I can say that the SE(now Sony) UI is nice, not perfect but not nearly as bad as SE software as old(Programming has always been their downfall). Timescape(Social Media Tool) is nice and some use it, I decided to abandon it eventually but it works. Recently I switched to GO Launcher for added functionality and it worked perfectly as most launchers do, so switching is easy(You may need root but at least with the x10 this doesnt require flashing just 30seconds with SuperOneClick).

The only possible problem I see is with the buttons, but I doubt thats an issue as only a few have complained about it.

Will have some spending power after my birthday at the end of the month and I'm strongly considering the S(Camera+1GB are the big points for me).

Oh yeah, there's already a thread in Mobiles and PDA's if you wanna check there(maybe a merge mods).

Ah ha - didnt look in the Mobiles and PDA's section as I thought all things Android went in here

Mods - merge if needed

Will go and have a feel (and look) of this in the shop as its a serious phone for the price Meteor are giving it away for - however I might wait for the HTC One series as I am out of contract for a while now but the old HTC Desire is starting to creak at the seams
    I wonder will ICS make a huge difference in the phone so might wait and see how this takes to ICS and give it a few weeks to bed down.

I also would be interested on how people are using the NFC tags (I cant think of many uses for them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi, a friend of mine wants to get this phone now and I am just wondering are new phones still shipping with the yellow tint issue still?
    She would be buying from emobile.

Thanks

Advertisement