Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the "Ivy Bridge" be worth it for a first-time-builder?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm new to PC gaming - and some of you may know that I'm about to attempt my first build - but I hear some people going on and on and on about this Ivy Bridge CPU/motherboard that's coming out.

So far - through this forum - I've gathered that it will be more power efficient....but not by much (considering my gaming hours would average 8-10 per week.) so that's not a real issue..

Other than that, I hear that the Ivy Bridge will be faster...

But the questions I pose are these: Will the Ivy Bridge be worth buying, for a first-time-builder, who only wants their rig for gaming? Will I really notice a difference in gaming from using, say, i5 2500k...when I've never really gamed on PC over the last 10 years anyways? What will it really have to offer me for my extra hard earned cash?

This factor is the only reason why I'm holding off from buying now, coz I have the cash ready.

please help.

Thanks!!

Comments

Advertisement