Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy a garden in Shantalla

Options
  • 20-03-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭

Also of interest to some:

Galway City Council, Recreation & Amenity Department is seeking applications from interested parties for the leasing of allotments at Shantalla Park, Galway.

Closing date for applications is 1:00 p.m. on Friday, 30th March, 2012

ref: http://www.galwaycity.ie/GeneralNews/160312_01.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I see the application form requires a pps number. This is a potential breach of data protection legislation.
    GalwayCityCouncil have stated they'll use the ppsn only for
    Finance: Payroll (Tax certificates, P60's, P45's and P35's etc)
    Revenue: Housing Loans/Mortgages
    Housing: For use with the Housing database (housing applications), Disabled Persons Grants, Essential Repair Grants
    Environment: Water Grants, Waste Collection Permits

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is smaoineamh fíor-dheas é sin - ach ní fheicim an costas aon áit..?

It's a lovely idea - but I don't see a price anywhere?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ní brabús atá dhá lorg ag an gComhairle ach coc éan le na fataí a mhealladh aníos
    The Council are seeking a place for bird poo to entice potato growth and not a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Did you see the bit in the paperwork about how the rent is due even if they don't ask for it?

And that you can keep up to 10 hens, provided they're not the main thing being cultivated. Wonder how that will go down with Shantalla residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JustMary wrote: »
    Did you see the bit in the paperwork about how the rent is due even if they don't ask for it?

And that you can keep up to 10 hens, provided they're not the main thing being cultivated. Wonder how that will go down with Shantalla residents.

Very nicely with roast spuds and gravy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Where are they going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cougars

There is a question on the application form about whether you would be interested in a half plot but it doesn't give the size of a plot/half plot, anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Seaneh wrote: »
    Where are they going to be?

Based on a map published a while ago, when the site was proposed, I area where I believe they're going into is number 5 on the Shantalla neighbourhood map.

I haven't checked it out "on the ground" yet, to be certain that is the exact site. But am pretty confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

JustMary wrote: »
    Based on a map published a while ago, when the site was proposed, I area where I believe they're going into is number 5 on the Shantalla neighbourhood map.

I haven't checked it out "on the ground" yet, to be certain that is the exact site. But am pretty confident.

that would be the patch of land between the back of the centre and to the front of the football pitch. If its the same texture of land that is was there when I was growing up, its not great land at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Anyone get word back on an application yet???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

There's an FAQ document on that page. maybe it's new but covers most of the questions here...
    snubbleste wrote: »
    I see the application form requires a pps number. This is a potential breach of data protection legislation.
    GalwayCityCouncil have stated they'll use the ppsn only for
    Finance: Payroll (Tax certificates, P60's, P45's and P35's etc)
    Revenue: Housing Loans/Mortgages
    Housing: For use with the Housing database (housing applications), Disabled Persons Grants, Essential Repair Grants
    Environment: Water Grants, Waste Collection Permits

Why is there a question relating to my PPS Number?
    Should a person in receipt of benefit be offered a lease, they will qualify for a discount of €20.
    Should the number of applications for a plot exceed the number of plots available, a shortlisting process will be employed. Applicants will be weighted based on their proximity to the site with an additional weighting for those qualifying within the benefit category. In order to qualify for this extra weighting, persons must provide proof by supplying a PPS Number.

The information supplied shall not be shared or used for any other purpose.
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Is smaoineamh fíor-dheas é sin - ach ní fheicim an costas aon áit..?

It's a lovely idea - but I don't see a price anywhere?

What is the rent?
    The rent had not been decided on at the time of advertising the plots – each plot will be €70 per annum. A ½ plot shall be €35 per person p.a..
    We shall also require a deposit of €50 per key and this will be refundable.

Cougars wrote: »
    There is a question on the application form about whether you would be interested in a half plot but it doesn't give the size of a plot/half plot, anyone have any ideas?

What size is a plot?
    The plots are all 50 sq. metres, the majority being 10x5 metre rectangles. The remainder are irregular shapes dictated by the site boundary.

Advertisement