Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent connection, profile change?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, as you will likely see from my connection logs my Eircom connection has been offline predominantly for the last few weeks. Can I be moved to another profile as from previously talking to engineers that's the most likely next step?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi darrenheaphy,

Thanks for your post. I would advise contacting Technical Support and asking them to drop your line profile when you are on the phone. They will be able to monitor your connection and change your profile settings, which may help improve your broadband connection.

As you know your broadband /phoneline is considered as being in an amber region or Extened reach. That is, your premises is 2.5KM or over from the local exchange. This has a major bearing on your ability to avail of higher broadband speeds. The last test done on your phoneline was on the 17/03/12 and this showed your broadband line not exceeding 1Mb.

Therefore, before you call into Technical Support, I would advise that you test your broadband and modem setup, as advised on the eircom Community Support Forum, below:

Broadband Check

Let me know if I can advise you further.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement