Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Do I stand ?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Was in the US for my birthday, start of March and I bought a Sandisk Fuze+ mp3 player. I broguht it home and it was working fine. I inserted a 16gb microsd card and now it won't eject. I see this as a fault with the player and i've tried to eject the card but it won't.

Now I've been emailing Sandisk about this issue, and I feel like I'm getting fobbed off. They asked twice the kind of card that's stuck, it doesn't make a difference. Even the manufacturing code on the card to which I replied I can't read that as it's stuck in the player(DUH!)

I've mailed them all the info, original receipt all the details about the player. But still nothing. What can I get done, repair would be best as if I'm refunded I won't get my microsd card back with that!

So just wondering what should I do as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with emailing Customer support. As it's not a known issue but they still don't seem to be in a hurry to RMA and this in my book is all that can be done as to me the player is faulty I can't swap microsd cards as is intended by the player.

Thanks.
    Ste-.

Just an update, Sandisk have now asked for the RMA.
    So you can disregard this now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

This may sound daft, but how are you trying to eject the card? Are you using an option on the player, or are you trying to pull the card out?

The player may give you the option to eject the same way a pc would, but you then have to physically take the card out. The player won't pop the card out; you need to push the card in to release a spring that pops the card out, much like a push-style on/off button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thanks for the help but it's as if there is no spring mechanism on the player.
    I have various other Sandisk players that also use microsd cards. This just won't spring back out.
    There's no option either on the player to eject it so I deduce it's faulty.
    Sending the player back today anyway.

Advertisement